Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #11
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Colts, Arians interested in Leftwich

Anything from BA doesnt really surprise any one does it?
Still making the same bone head calls i see......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #12
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Let them have Lefty... we need to draft a young QB and have him learn the system anyway. Charlie isn't getting any younger and Dixon isn't really happy its time to pick up a youngster and let him learn the ropes. Hell he may even be a diamond in the rough and fill in great for Ben when he goes down.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,446 Times in 2,739 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Let them have Lefty... we need to draft a young QB and have him learn the system anyway. Charlie isn't getting any younger and Dixon isn't really happy its time to pick up a youngster and let him learn the ropes. Hell he may even be a diamond in the rough and fill in great for Ben when he goes down.
we signed troy smith, he's only 27 and has some starter experience that wasn't a disaster. he should be a quality #2 or #3 guy
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,129 Times in 3,469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Who was the last really good QB Shanahan developed? His track record hasn't been all that great, to say the least, since Elway retired. Hell, I could have won with Elway. He didn't make Griese better, he didn't make Plummer better, he didn't make Cutler better, and he hasn't done squat in Washington either.
greise, plummer, cutler all had their best seasons under shanahan offense (which puts qb's in a position to succeed).

hell plummer was 1 game away from winning the sb (im certain they woulda beat seattle) with a top 5 offense. shanahan certainly didnt make them worse.

as opposed to bruce arians who put kelly holcomb on the statistical leaders map.

shanahan would destroy teams with the likes of ben, miller, mendenhall, wallace, and brown. ive watched him do more with less for almost 20 years.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #15
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,065 Posts

The Colts didnt goto Baylor Pro Day??? WOW!

How do you not at least send somebody to the Heisman winners Pro Day when you hold the #1 pick. Their new center could be there if they drafted Philip Blake.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #16
tony hipchest

jay cutlers best year was in his 3rd season (his 2nd complete season as the starter) 4500+ yds/25 td/18 int/11 sacks (his 1st year as a starter was 3400+/20/14)

jake plummer best year was in his 2nd year as a starter for denver- 4000+yds/27td/20 int/15 sacs

brian griese never started 16 games a season in his career. yet in his second season as the starter (10 games) he had 19 tds vs 4 int and 2600+ yds. the next season he improved to 2800/23td/19 int, and his final season with the broncos was 3000+/15/15 but had improved to 66 comp %.

bens play ( while spectacular at times) has been eratic at best when observing his year to year statistics.

I could have won with ben as my QB.

RGIII will have a proven head coach who has been an OC or main man for over 2 decades in this league and easilly worked with over a dozen qb's and developed kick ass running games and balanced offenses. his prodige in houston currently has developed one of the premeire rb's in the league and a kick ass passing attack.

andrew luck will have..... well, bruce arians, who for some strange reason is still credited by a select few for developing manning into the greatest qb ever and overseeing kelly holcombs greatest career game (whatever that was).
Old 04-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #17
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
The Colts didnt goto Baylor Pro Day??? WOW!

How do you not at least send somebody to the Heisman winners Pro Day when you hold the #1 pick. Their new center could be there if they drafted Philip Blake.
yeah, seems pretty arrogant on their part (especially considering all the pro days colbert and tomlin attended). RGIII even switched his pro day from the same day luck was holding his to give all teams an opportunity w/o scheduling conflict.

to be fair the colts were probably tied up with the looming free agency, and all the manning release speculation and hooplah.

arians probably had peyton locked inside a film room cramming and trying to learn everything he could before his departure.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
he never worked out for the colts. he had a pro day and the colts chose not to attend.

rg3 knows he is going to washington, and wants to go to washington. he likes shanahan.

he has absolutely no interest in playing for the colts or being the #1 pick.

as he said yesterday, he knows if the redskins had the #1 pick they would spend it on him. if the arians offense offered him a better opportunity to win, im sure he would show some interest.

i meant to say that he did a workout that the Colts could have attended. It was already stated from his camp that it had absolutely nothing to do with not wanting to play for the Colts.....he wasn't doing ANY more workouts.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
we signed troy smith, he's only 27 and has some starter experience that wasn't a disaster. he should be a quality #2 or #3 guy
Yup your right I forgot about them signing Smith he should be just fine as a #2 guy.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #20
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

Not only did the Colts not attend his pro day, the Colts were I think the only top 10 team in the draft that did not interview him at the combine. Robert Griffin III made sure to tell the media that in his on-the-field interview with the media after the combine.
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote