Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
LuckyNumber7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2177
Default Ben...Take Responsibility??

In all honesty, do you think Ben should take some responsibility in the accident?? After all, he was never supposed to be on the road, which means, this accident would have never happened......
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

It was his decision to get on the bike after being warned on numerous occasions. It was his choice to ride a bike without a helmet (I don't buy his excuse). It was his choice to ride a bike minus a helmet while not having a valid license to drive the bike in the first place. As I stated in another thread, hopefully he learns from this incident but going by his recent comments, it doesn't sound like he has.

To make it short......it was his own stupidity so shouldn't he take full responsibility?

Here's the thread on a similar topic: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8808
Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
LuckyNumber7
Draft Prospect

I am sorry to dupilcate the thread....sorry...
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

He has apologized. He's healthy and he's gunna play again. thats all I need. It really does seem like this accident knocked some sence into him and humbled him a little but time will tell.
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.
And frankly if he rides I dont care as long as he wears a helmet. However I will say this: The next time I worry about Ben, It better be because of football and not becasue of something he did off the field. My heart can't take it! He will break my heart if something like this were to happen again to him.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
It was his choice to ride a bike minus a helmet while not having a valid license to drive the bike in the first place.
That's the bottom line why he should take full responsibility for his actions. What he did was against the law in Pennsylvania. Plain and simple.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
I am sorry to dupilcate the thread....sorry...
lol, why are you apologizing? It's not a duplicate, just a thread with similar topics. That's all.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.
Yeah, I forget my keys at times.......but I wouldn't forget an item that I put on my head in order to prevent my brains from spilling out on the side of some road. On top of that, an item that he has been questioned about ever since the media and fans found out about him not wearing a helmet while riding a bike. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Once again, a helmet protects your head. It doesn't prevent ones spine from breaking in half and turning the kid into a vegetable.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-18-2006 at 10:35 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #8
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss
He has apologized. He's healthy and he's gunna play again. thats all I need. It really does seem like this accident knocked some sence into him and humbled him a little but time will tell.
And frankly if he rides I dont care as long as he wears a helmet. However I will say this: The next time I worry about Ben, It better be because of football and not becasue of something he did off the field. My heart can't take it! He will break my heart if something like this were to happen again to him.
He forgot to bring his helmet? Well, I don't ever forget to wear my seatbelt when I get in my car. Also, he didn't have a valid license. Did he forget that, too? I dunno... I'm not buying it, siss. Sorry.

Sometimes I forget my cell phone or something, as you stated, when I leave the house, but those things aren't against the law...(lol).
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
LuckyNumber7
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Yeah, I forget my keys at times.......but I wouldn't forget an item that I put on my head in order to prevent my brains from spilling out on the side of some road. On top of that, an item that he has been questioned about ever since the media and fans found out about him not wearing a helmet while riding a bike.

Once again, a helmet protects your head. It doesn't prevent ones spine from breaking in half and turning the kid into a vegetable.

I agree completely....to me, i think i would remeber if I needed to wear something on my head. I mean, everyday, everytime he gets on that bike, he has to think "Should I wear a helmet?" And if for nothing else, he should wear one so he can hide his idnentity so he can ride in peace....liek he wants to.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

He says he wears it sometimes. He also said that he didnt realize his permit had expired (I"ve done that by the way). SO here's what I think went threw his head.
I forgot my helmet...OH well I 'll come back later.

Its not the law in PA to wear a helmet so he probbaly thought nothing of it. Why would he think of it if he didnt have to.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote