Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
LuckyNumber7
Draft Prospect
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Roethlisburgh
Posts: 147
Member Number: 2177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Ben...Take Responsibility??

In all honesty, do you think Ben should take some responsibility in the accident?? After all, he was never supposed to be on the road, which means, this accident would have never happened......
__________________
"Stay Classy Steeler Fans."
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

It was his decision to get on the bike after being warned on numerous occasions. It was his choice to ride a bike without a helmet (I don't buy his excuse). It was his choice to ride a bike minus a helmet while not having a valid license to drive the bike in the first place. As I stated in another thread, hopefully he learns from this incident but going by his recent comments, it doesn't sound like he has.

To make it short......it was his own stupidity so shouldn't he take full responsibility?

Here's the thread on a similar topic: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8808
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
LuckyNumber7
Draft Prospect
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Roethlisburgh
Posts: 147
Member Number: 2177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

I am sorry to dupilcate the thread....sorry...
__________________
"Stay Classy Steeler Fans."
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
siss
Team Captain
 
siss's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 831
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1611
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

He has apologized. He's healthy and he's gunna play again. thats all I need. It really does seem like this accident knocked some sence into him and humbled him a little but time will tell.
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.
And frankly if he rides I dont care as long as he wears a helmet. However I will say this: The next time I worry about Ben, It better be because of football and not becasue of something he did off the field. My heart can't take it! He will break my heart if something like this were to happen again to him.
__________________
"It seems every year there is some reason they are trying to doubt me. Small school, I was playing as a rookie and now this. I?m looking forward to proving to people that I?m up to the task."
~Ben Roethlisberger~

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
SteelerzGirl
Banned
 
SteelerzGirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Steelers Country!
Posts: 2,099
Gender: Female
Member Number: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
It was his choice to ride a bike minus a helmet while not having a valid license to drive the bike in the first place.
That's the bottom line why he should take full responsibility for his actions. What he did was against the law in Pennsylvania. Plain and simple.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7
I am sorry to dupilcate the thread....sorry...
lol, why are you apologizing? It's not a duplicate, just a thread with similar topics. That's all.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.
Yeah, I forget my keys at times.......but I wouldn't forget an item that I put on my head in order to prevent my brains from spilling out on the side of some road. On top of that, an item that he has been questioned about ever since the media and fans found out about him not wearing a helmet while riding a bike. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Once again, a helmet protects your head. It doesn't prevent ones spine from breaking in half and turning the kid into a vegetable.
__________________

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-18-2006 at 10:35 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #8
SteelerzGirl
Banned
 
SteelerzGirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Steelers Country!
Posts: 2,099
Gender: Female
Member Number: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

Quote:
Originally Posted by siss
He has apologized. He's healthy and he's gunna play again. thats all I need. It really does seem like this accident knocked some sence into him and humbled him a little but time will tell.
As for forgetting his helmet. To me it sounded like he really did forget it. He was supposed to bring it with him but he forgot it. How many times have you walked out of the house and thought "oh I forgot this...Oh well I'll get it later" and didnt go and get it. I do it all the time.
And frankly if he rides I dont care as long as he wears a helmet. However I will say this: The next time I worry about Ben, It better be because of football and not becasue of something he did off the field. My heart can't take it! He will break my heart if something like this were to happen again to him.
He forgot to bring his helmet? Well, I don't ever forget to wear my seatbelt when I get in my car. Also, he didn't have a valid license. Did he forget that, too? I dunno... I'm not buying it, siss. Sorry.

Sometimes I forget my cell phone or something, as you stated, when I leave the house, but those things aren't against the law...(lol).
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
LuckyNumber7
Draft Prospect
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Roethlisburgh
Posts: 147
Member Number: 2177
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Yeah, I forget my keys at times.......but I wouldn't forget an item that I put on my head in order to prevent my brains from spilling out on the side of some road. On top of that, an item that he has been questioned about ever since the media and fans found out about him not wearing a helmet while riding a bike.

Once again, a helmet protects your head. It doesn't prevent ones spine from breaking in half and turning the kid into a vegetable.

I agree completely....to me, i think i would remeber if I needed to wear something on my head. I mean, everyday, everytime he gets on that bike, he has to think "Should I wear a helmet?" And if for nothing else, he should wear one so he can hide his idnentity so he can ride in peace....liek he wants to.
__________________
"Stay Classy Steeler Fans."
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:46 PM   #10
siss
Team Captain
 
siss's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 831
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1611
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ben...Take Responsibility??

He says he wears it sometimes. He also said that he didnt realize his permit had expired (I"ve done that by the way). SO here's what I think went threw his head.
I forgot my helmet...OH well I 'll come back later.

Its not the law in PA to wear a helmet so he probbaly thought nothing of it. Why would he think of it if he didnt have to.
__________________
"It seems every year there is some reason they are trying to doubt me. Small school, I was playing as a rookie and now this. I?m looking forward to proving to people that I?m up to the task."
~Ben Roethlisberger~

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts