Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
CENTRALPA007
Water Boy

Member Number: 24005
Default LB thought

I like Sylvester and think he can be a nice player inside, but would this stop us from taking Hightower. What are your thoughts of those two inside and Timmons moving outside once Harrison is done?
CENTRALPA007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: LB thought

If they feel Hightower is BPA, they will take him. I like Slyvester but I don't know if he's a starter. And when Harrison leaves, I think it would be Hightower being the one to move outside more likely than Timmons. Hightower's who I want with the pick. Just seems like the best fit for our team.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
bac151rum
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 23791

Steelers will pick BPA, most likely at a position of need. Too many people think we'll take this person or that person, because we need a (insert position here). Too many people have us taking a 2nd round guard, or 2nd round corner, or 2nd round RB, when yes, they might be nice, but in the second round. Find the article here or on one of the other boards about how the Steelers set their draft board, and it will give you a better idea of how they do it and who they are likely to pick.
bac151rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

if it's a 1-2 round guard grade like Zeitler ... that won't be available in the 2nd when we pick ... then it might be a reach , but it's a reasonable reach ... and unlike others i think there is a dropoff after Zeitler at the guard position ... which is the biggest need on the team
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
If they feel Hightower is BPA, they will take him. I like Slyvester but I don't know if he's a starter. And when Harrison leaves, I think it would be Hightower being the one to move outside more likely than Timmons. Hightower's who I want with the pick. Just seems like the best fit for our team.
I never thought either ILB would be switching when Harrison leaves. That's what we drafted Worilds for

Timmons ha splayed outside in place of Harrison in the past because we knew it would only be for a couple games. I don't think the plan was ever to start converting him or another ILB to full time OLB.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I never thought either ILB would be switching when Harrison leaves. That's what we drafted Worilds for

Timmons ha splayed outside in place of Harrison in the past because we knew it would only be for a couple games. I don't think the plan was ever to start converting him or another ILB to full time OLB.
Yeah Worilds is the one who will. I was just saying that hypothetically if we had Hightower and Timmons at ILB, I'd think that Hightower would be the more likely to switch outside.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #7
CENTRALPA007
Water Boy

Member Number: 24005

The following draft puts a new twist on our draft and I must say I would not mind at all if it happned this way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ock-draft-4912
CENTRALPA007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I don't see Sylvester stopping the Steelers from adding a Hightower to the team. He's not even close in comparison with Hightower an absolute beast who blows people up when he hits them. Sylvester very well could play the pass better however.

Timmons has shown he can not be an effective OLB in a 3-4.

I don't believe Hightower possesses the pass rushing skills to be an effective OLB either.

My feeling on why Sylvester can not be the starter is last year in the preseason he did nothing when on the field. A guy in his second year should show some kind of flash that he is a player and he did not against very weak players who weren't even going to make an nfl team.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENTRALPA007 View Post
The following draft puts a new twist on our draft and I must say I would not mind at all if it happned this way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ock-draft-4912
I really like the draft to but that trade is so unlikely. I really like Brandon Washington and dont believe he will fall that low either.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote