Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 07-18-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304
Default Steeker Fans Are All Over And......

Being a Steeler fan means so much more than football.

It means being from a corner of the world unlike any other. It means being from a place where the people are so tough-minded that they have survived the Homestead strikes, the
Johnstown flood and most recently the Etna Floods.

These people have the DNA of hard work, in mills and mines, without the necessity of
complaint. They live simply, with no frills. They don't have movie stars or fancy cars.
Instead, they have simple traditions like kielbasa and Kennywood. They live in distinctive neighborhoods like Polish Hill and the Hill District and all of the surrounding counties.

These people are genuine. They don't have chic internet cafes and cappuccinos, but they have The Original Hot Dog joint, Eat n' Park and Iron City Beer.

People from Pittsburgh don't have sunny beaches or fancy boats, but the rivers roll gently, connecting the small towns of people whose histories have been built on strength and humility.
People from Pittsburgh don't have the biggest shopping malls or the best
nightclubs, but they'll take Friday night high school football and Steeler Sunday over anything. Steeler football means so much more than you think. It symbolizes a diaspora of generations who had the best childhood they could imagine. They ran free without a care or concern in the valleys of those Allegheny Mountains. Their blue-collar world was easy ... there was no one to tell them that they lacked material things. There was no one to tell them that they needed more.

As the steel mills closed and the jobs disappeared, some of these people had to leave. While the world benefits because they spread their Pittsburgh values, they long for their home where things were simpler and more pure. They teach their kids about Jack Lambert and Joe Greene in hopes of departing not just the knowledge, but the feeling that they represented. They are everywhere, those Terrible Towels. They wave, not just for the team, but for the hearts they left behind. They wave in living rooms in Fort Lauderdale and in the bars D.C. They wave all the way to the Seattle Superdome! They wave for the Rooney family, whose values mirror our own loyalty, grit, and humility. They wave for football player s like Jerome Bettis and Hines Ward, whose unselfishness and toughness have allowed sports to be about the game and the team.

Make no mistake that Steeler football is not just about football. I could not be prouder to be from the Pittsburgh area than I am right now!! Even if you no longer live in the area, you have South Western Pennsylvania in your blood no matter where you go . and deep down in your heart of hearts, you can still hear the Super Bowls of times past, the excitement in everyone's voices especially our fathers, cousins, and anyone else who gathered around the TV on Football Sundays!! Make no mistake, its just as exciting
right now if not more!! It's not just about rivalries and who is better than the other, it's about family, tradition and roots! It's more than football, but its football at its finest!! If you now live in Colorado, Ohio, Indiana, Chicago, Michigan, Florida, Iowa, Texas . be proud of where you were born and who your FIRST favorite football team was!!

Last edited by Lyn; 07-19-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504
Default Re: Steeker Fans Are All Over And......

Damn, that was beautiful. Another reason why I love the city of Pittsburgh and hope to live there someday. My Terrible Towel will be waving no matter where I go I promise you all that!

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

I have no idea who wrote this but I think it so well defines all the Steeler fans across the USA and the World. :)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 AM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
People from Pittsburgh don't have sunny beaches or fancy boats, but the rivers roll gently, connecting the small towns of people whose histories have been built on strength and humility.
People from Pittsburgh don't have the biggest shopping malls or the best
nightclubs, but they'll take Friday night high school football and Steeler Sunday over anything. Steeler football means so much more than you think. It symbolizes a diaspora of generations who had the best childhood they could imagine. They ran free without a care or concern in the valleys of those Allegheny Mountains. Their blue-collar world was easy ... there was no one to tell them that they lacked material things. There was no one to tell them that they needed more.
Excellent! I got the goosebumps just reading that and every word really hits home.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:04 AM   #5
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

*applause*

Fantastic...just....perfect.....