Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-19-2006, 10:22 AM   #1
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default World Trade Center

Oliver Stone is coming out with a movie on August 9th centered around the story of the NYC Port Authority Police's experiences on September 11th at the WTC. Nicholas Cage stars in this film. Another 911 movie, Flight 93, has already been at the box office - I've seen that movie myself and was so deeply moved by the efforts of the passengers to take over the plane and try to divert it away from disaster.

I have read comments where people feel it may be too soon to come out with 911 movies - how do you feel? Personally, I feel that 911 is an important part of American history though it was such a terrible tragedy that all of us as Americans felt and still feel to this day to the very core of our souls, and with that said, I do plan to go to see it at the theatre.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/02/mo...pSJkiZUWpzdd3w

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: World Trade Center

As long as the story is told correctly and in good taste minus the typical Hollywood liberal spin and forced agenda's, I will go see it. At this point I can't help but think of Fahrenheit 911 when it comes to Hollywood and movies that deal with political issues.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-19-2006 at 12:48 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I saw the movie flight 93 on history channel or some other cable station. It wasnt the one with cage but it was a good movie. I agree with 83 is long as the facts are straight it will be a good movie
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

It's a good time to come out with 911 movies. Farenheit 911 should have been banned from all movie theatres. All it was used for was to bash bush that was all. There was no real purpose for it in my opinion. It was just an excuse for everybody to waste their well earned/given to them cash to see a movie.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
CAH
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 2409

It's a movie that should be viewed by all if they film it accurately. We must NEVER forget 9/11.

The ACLU succeeded it keeping the event being shown too often.

I have two words for the ACLU and they are the same two words I'd use for the U.N.
CAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:02 PM   #6
bcolton82
Water Boy

Member Number: 2616

How can they possibly film it accurately or correctly when we as American citizens have never been told the truth? I'm not gonna dive into conspiracy theories or anything, especially since it seems like most people have no time to even hear an alternate possibility. But I will be humbled forever by the many mysteries of 9/11 if just one person can tell me that they have seen either of the commercial airplanes that crashed into the fields of Pennsylvania or the Pentagon.

The Pentagon especially, as there definitely has to exist video footage of whatever hit that building. It is one of the most secure buildings on American soil, every inch of the interior of the building is under constant video surveillance. There are also video cameras every 30 feet surrounding the perimeter of that building. Since the airplanes wingspan was around 120 feet, I think it's reasonable to assume that at least 4 outside cameras captured that airplane coming in towards the Pentagon.

Either way, just like JFK, the American people will never know, because most don't care or refuse to believe any explanation that didn't come from the government, and the rest that do question will be labeled Anti-American or Conspiracy Theorists or just Crazy!

RIP Hunter S Thompson
bcolton82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

they should've released it on 9/11 lol, i won't watch the movie cause cage to me is the worse actor in the history of movies.......well maybe not that bad be he sucks ass imo.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
i won't watch the movie cause cage to me is the worse actor in the history of movies.......well maybe not that bad be he sucks ass imo.
I'm also not a Cage fan. Although I ordered "National Treasure" last night on ON DEMAND and it wasn't a bad movie.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

As an active duty Airman it makes me a little sick when I see someone wanting to ban a movie in America. We're out here fighting for everyone's right to be heard. Not just the people you want to be heard.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:47 PM   #10
bcolton82
Water Boy

Member Number: 2616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
As an active duty Airman it makes me a little sick when I see someone wanting to ban a movie in America. We're out here fighting for everyone's right to be heard. Not just the people you want to be heard.

I have mad respect for anybody fighting for my freedom!!!
bcolton82 is offline   Reply With Quote