Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Final Mock w/ Wallace trade

Ok this is my last attempt ...lol lets try to make everybody happy with this one

lets assume wallace is delt before the deadline to the Rams for one of their second and a 6th ...Now i don't think wallace would be gone ...but i think this is about as best of a deal as were going to get for him ... and seeing as the rams have 2 second round picks and i think a good bit of salary cap why not give bradford, Blackmon and Wallace

Another trade is Miami selects Tannehill , so with an extra third , they have to give him a weapon on offense and with their second they won't have any of the top tier guys left ... so the steelers trade them their 24th pick for their 2nd(42nd) 3rd(72nd) 5th(145)

that gives us

2nd: 39th (Wallace trade)... Bobby Massie , OT, Ole Miss ...Visted the Steelers and lets be honest we need help on the OLine

2nd: 42nd (Miami Trade)... Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin ... One of the best guards available , you want to get back to ground and pound? you have to improve the Oline

2nd: 56th... Brandon Washington. OG, Miami ... Will be the LG , Only had like 8 penalty in college , that's something we are not used to and think it would greatly improve the Oline

3rd: 72nd (Miami Trade)... Juron Criner , WR, Arizona ... Not sure if he'll fall this far but hopefully...with wallace gone we need help and the Steelers like him

3rd: 86th... Josh Norman, CB/FS, Coastal Caroline ... i think he can be a ball hawking FS and he actually make plays on the ball something the Steelers lack DB's that can make plays on the ball besides Troy

4th: 119... Akiem Hicks , DE/DT, Canada ... maybe a little high but Steelers brought him in for a visit and obviously has the talent just needs to get used to playing at the higher competition... good roational player and depth with great upside

5th: 145 (Miami Trade)... Ron Brooks, CB, LSU .. Fast, Made plays when giving the opportunity and a great special teams player and gunner

5th: 159... Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU ... Maybe not NT of future but def. somebody that could hold it down for a few years since he's an older prospect and the Steelers brought him in for a visit i believe

6th: 171 (Wallace Trade)... Ryan Miller , OG, Colorado ... Has the versatility to play every position on the Oline a good backup and utility guy

6thth: 193... Marcus Dowtin , ILB, North Alabama ... this is my pick , many ppl might not think he's big enough to play ILB in the 3-4 , but i love his game

7th: 231... Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota State ... just look at his measurables http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2012&genpos=WR ... only played one year of football so a project but def. has the tools

240(Comp) Craig Diehl , FB, Clemson ... i think the best pure blocking FB in the draft

246(Comp) Greg Zuerlein , K , Missouri Western State .... well we need a kicker to compete now it's not the big school guy but some believe he's the best kicker in the draft

248(Comp) Shawn Powell , P, Flordia State ... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...0/shawn-powell

Last edited by cbrunn; 04-14-2012 at 06:17 AM.
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584
Default Re: Final Mock w/ Wallace trade

Not one running back ? Instant fail........
Old 04-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 23936

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_J View Post
Not one running back ? Instant fail........
All the tools to make our current stable live up to their potential. Redman is 4.5 ypc without a fullback and maybe 2 solid lineman. We have more pressing needs than runningback, that and it doesn't look too good after Richardson if we want a power back.
Dalarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
cbrunn
Starter

Yes sir, fix out Oline and watch our young stable of very capable running backs do work ... and Dwyer training hard in the off season ... he was always productive when he got in ...

i don't see the fascination with drafting a running back
Old 04-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

It's a game won in the trenches. The most worn out cliche but its true. I played fullback and middle linebacker and if the men up front did well so did I.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,010 Times in 1,702 Posts

i think you went a bit overboard on the OG's , maybe plug an ILBer in one of those 2nd round spots. add a RB in your 6th rd spot.
just for the sake of argument. suppose the steelers did draft 2 OG in rd 2. they both become starters. what happens when both contracts are up at the same time in 4 years ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i think you went a bit overboard on the OG's , maybe plug an ILBer in one of those 2nd round spots. add a RB in your 6th rd spot.
just for the sake of argument. suppose the steelers did draft 2 OG in rd 2. they both become starters. what happens when both contracts are up at the same time in 4 years ?
Pay one and let one walk. It's the steelers way and it gives us 2-3 years with an good line. Makes winning a super bowl much easier
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #8
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalarin View Post
All the tools to make our current stable live up to their potential. Redman is 4.5 ypc without a fullback and maybe 2 solid lineman. We have more pressing needs than runningback, that and it doesn't look too good after Richardson if we want a power back.
We have too many power backs right now. The Steelers looking at Isaiah Pead, and Ronnie Hillman tell me they realize the importance of speed at the position for a change of pace. Just look at some highlights of the guys with 4.4 speed in this year's draft and you will see what the Steelers are sorely missing in the ground game. We have a stable of backs right now where you can't even run outside because they all are too slow to beat defenders to the edge. Why limit are running game and play calling?
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #9
cbrunn
Starter

i believe you try to pay them guards ... why keep trying to rely on the same musical chairs Olinemen ...the same undrafted ppl the same ppl that nobody wants and we can keep signing to 1 year deals for cheap ...

yes i know some times you can hit on a UFA but at the Line i want top players not trying to hit one ...

But i wouldn't mind taking Zeitler out and putting Kendricks in , i would still be happy...but don't sleep on Marcus Dowtin the kid has first round talent and if he stayed at Georgia i think he would of had a very productive year with his workout would be a 1-2nd round pick
http://www.youtube.com/user/ShiffSportsMarketing ... youtube and the person is ShiffSportsMarketing ... and watch some UNA Game Highlights (closest to game film i can find) and watch how much number 38 makes plays and is around the ball

and Ryan Miller out and putting in Michael Smith out of Utah State for a speed back ...actually the more i read about Miller if i redid this i would put Michael Smith here ...or another Speed back... or even a backup QB...somebody like Josh McGregor is a really good division 2 prospect

but i wouldn't spend like a 3rd round on a change of pace running back ... and why does it matter if they can't run outside , teams knew Redman and Dwyer couldn't run outside but yet every time they got in the game they were very productive, with no Fullback and a much worse Oline...both would be fixed with this draft ...teams knew the Bus couldn't run outside that didn't stop him from being productive ... and keep pounding in the middle with 2 very power backs to keep our backs fresh ... and wear the D out so in the 4th it's much easier to do anything
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Dalarin
Bench Warmer

Dwyer and Batch are both 4.5 backs which outruns just about every linebacker in the league. With quality blocking a 4.7 back can effectively run outside on most defenses. We broke Parker and tore Mendenhalls ACL with an inferior line. Maybe we can get 5 good years out of running backs if someone can block for them.