Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
Default Re: Is Ben best QB drafted in last 10 years?

Flacco's #11? Sanchez 12? Obviously they were not a contributing part of this ranking, lol.

Obviously I would not want anymore other than Ben. Rogers makes a great case. But we played so bad that game and still almost pulled it off if it wasn;t for the fumble. Of course the 2 int's didn;t help. But at the ed of the day despite 3 TO's we still had a shot.

Don't like Eli, never have, never will. Hopefully he is on the all madden cover this year.

I agree with MDSteel on all points, how does Ben with that drive and not 1 but 2 perfectly positioned endzone passes not get the SB MVP? Some body had to pass the balls for 90 yards, lol Thats why Disney invoted him as well.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
As much as I am a Home town guy I still would put Ben right now behind Eli and Rogers who both are far superior in Xs and Os then Ben.
I can see the case for Rodgers, but not Manning. Over their respective careers, Ben has a higher TD per attempt ratio, a lower INT per attempt ratio, a higher YPA, and a substantially higher completion percentage than Eli Manning.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #13
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
I can see the case for Rodgers, but not Manning. Over their respective careers, Ben has a higher TD per attempt ratio, a lower INT per attempt ratio, a higher YPA, and a substantially higher completion percentage than Eli Manning.
Same. I've started to warm to Eli but I can't put him over Ben just yet even if he has the same number of SB wins as Ben. I'll put it this way. Happy to have Ben.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Kills me to say it, but you can't rank Ben above Eli anymore. Eli has become the superior pocket passer (as evidenced by the monster numbers he threw up this year), he has the same number of championships as Ben and he won the MVP in both of them (whereas Ben didn't win the MVP in either Super Bowl. Beating the Patriots twice (once when they were gunning for the title of Greatest Team of All Time) is also more impressive than beating the Seahawks and Cardinals.

Now, I'm not trying to take anything away from Ben. We know he is an excellent quarterback and a big-game player. I live in New York and while I still tell all the Giant fans that I know that I would take my guy over theirs (and I would, because Ben has been fabulous for his entire time in Pittsburgh), objectively speaking Eli is the better quarterback right now. That being said, you really can't go wrong with either Ben, Eli or Rodgers.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

I used to have a higher opinion of Jay Cutler, but now I think he's WAY too high on that list.......I'd even take Sanchize over him.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydwoodson View Post
To not put Aaron Rodgers at the top of that list is absurd and nullifies any claim to credibility this list might have from the outset. Rodgers had one of the best seasons of any quarterback ever last year. No other qb on that list has been an NFL MVP, and only Manning has also been a Superbowl MVP (not once but twice). This list defines stupidity.
100% agreed with ur comments. This list is a joke.

Someone commented that Ben is better cause it took Eli X amount of years to win his 2nd superbowl. what they failed to mention is that Eli is CLEARLY getting better at his job in all dimensions and that Ben has settled and remained the same. Eli has surpassed Ben, and is a much better playoff stable qb than Ben.

Rogers is the best on the list. He's the best in the NFL. Guys nothing but lights out. Had one bad game in 2 full seasons.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #17
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Eli has not "surpassed" Ben. They're both great in very different ways. Yet....once again..Eli has a much better OL and still has a tendency to get rattled. I'd like to see Ben play behind a better line.
For me, i'd take Ben over Eli.
And what did he do to get us a SB win? Well...he played the part of leader and general to perfection. In this stat-happy world we live in now, those intangibles get criminally overlooked. Plenty of times when the QB in recent years has been so generically handed the MVP award, it clearly should have gone to someone else. I'm not buying most of the arguments in this thread, they're ridiculous.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #18
jb500ex
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Eli has not "surpassed" Ben. They're both great in very different ways. Yet....once again..Eli has a much better OL and still has a tendency to get rattled. I'd like to see Ben play behind a better line.
For me, i'd take Ben over Eli.
And what did he do to get us a SB win? Well...he played the part of leader and general to perfection. In this stat-happy world we live in now, those intangibles get criminally overlooked. Plenty of times when the QB in recent years has been so generically handed the MVP award, it clearly should have gone to someone else. I'm not buying most of the arguments in this thread, they're ridiculous.
eli had the worst rushing offense and defense this season. his line hasnt been good for a couple years yet he alone carried his team through the regular season. he was far superior this season to any year ben has had eli is clearly better then ben now only a homer would say otherwise. ben has had so many bad playoff games in recent years his playoff numbers are only average now. future hof'er like mark sanchez have number that are far better in the playoffs for only being in the league 3 years. one qb has shined in 2 super bowls 1 qb has been terrible in 2 superbowls. eli is better now
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #19
55BaileyFan
Starter

Member Number: 13479

No.

Ben has had off field issues and I don't care what he did to get to a Super Bowl...in XL we won in spite of him...in XLIII he made that big pass but the final drive was incompletions and two 4th downs (Santonio got that one) and in XLV he looked like he didn't know how to run a two minute drill.

He is a great quarterback but wants to do it all himself and doesn't want to run the ball. Eli and Aaron understand team efforts. I know they don't run like we do but thats not their game plan. He is in the top three but not a 1, 2.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
NSMaster56
Team Owner

Member Number: 23979
Thanked 3,426 Times in 1,587 Posts

It's between BB, Eli and Raaaadgers. That's the gold-silver-bronze in some order.

Rodgers may have the most pure talent, but since rings arguably matter most Big Ben and Eli probably have the most claim to #1.

It all depends on one's subjective interpretation of 'best' concerning the QB position.

If I had to rank based on a combined talent/merits to date scale:

1. Raaaaadga's
2. Big Ben
3. Eli

I put BB #2 because his OL has been terrible since 07/08 and he's still been very successful. Granted, he's got a great D to help, but Eli would be throwing more picks than Rick Mirer behind the Steelers OL.
NSMaster56 is offline   Reply With Quote