Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #21
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: Is Ben best QB drafted in last 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Rogers has 1, that's right 1 ring, in how many seasons? The all mighty Eli finally got his 2nd and he was the number 1 pick! Ben has 2, been to 3 and was the number 11 pick... Put those number together and he has been the better QB!

He lead them to the first SB, no thanks to Bettis' fumble...
He should have been the MVP, NOT Santonio, against Arizona!!!
And he still had a chance to beat Green Bay, despite 5 team TOs, in the final 2 minutes of SB 45...
All with an o-line and OC that were worth about 2 cents!!!

Rogers got a ring in his 3rd season as a starter. I'll extrapolate Rogers' stats over 8 seasons and compare them to Ben.

Ben/Aaron -pass % 63.1/65.6 yards 26,579/34,074 TD 165/262 int. 100/74 Rat. 92/105.2

We could do the same with SB wins. Ben 2 Aaron a season away from getting #3. I could care less about rings deciding who's a better qb. Teams earn the rings, not qb's.

Rogers is physically and mentally superior than Ben.

Enough said.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #22
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

As Ben gets older his ace in the hole (his escape ability) is going to decrease and he will become more injury prone so he must get smarter as a QB. I thought last year was very evident that he lacked a lot of football smarts with the bad interceptions he would throw into double or triple coverage instead of taking the more logical choice underneath that in fact was open. Even in the last superbowl there were many receivers open and he would often choose the wrong throw. Lack of red zone production is on Ben as well. Notice the best red zone teams have cerebral QBs (Brady, Brees, Rogers, etc) or at least cerebral Offensive Coordinators.

That is why I believe Arians was fired because he wasn't advancing Ben's thought processes enough. Enter Todd Haley and hopefully a better higher IQ Ben. But for right now Eli's play is smarter and it's winning super bowls. If Eli played behind the Steeler's line he would not get sacked as much because the ball would be out quicker something Ben is going to change in his game this year or he will steadily decline every year from here on out as the other QBs advance.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #23
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
eli had the worst rushing offense and defense this season. his line hasnt been good for a couple years yet he alone carried his team through the regular season. he was far superior this season to any year ben has had eli is clearly better then ben now only a homer would say otherwise. ben has had so many bad playoff games in recent years his playoff numbers are only average now. future hof'er like mark sanchez have number that are far better in the playoffs for only being in the league 3 years. one qb has shined in 2 super bowls 1 qb has been terrible in 2 superbowls. eli is better now
Sure, never mind Manning throwing 25 picks in 2010. The closest Roethlisberger has come to that was in 2006, when he had 23 on the season and arguably had no business playing in a number of games that year, after damn near dying in the offseason. Manning is also one Asante Samuel and one Wes Welker drop away from being ringless himself. Roethlisberger's entire body of work still outshines Manning's to this point.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #24
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Rogers got a ring in his 3rd season as a starter. I'll extrapolate Rogers' stats over 8 seasons and compare them to Ben.

Ben/Aaron -pass % 63.1/65.6 yards 26,579/34,074 TD 165/262 int. 100/74 Rat. 92/105.2

We could do the same with SB wins. Ben 2 Aaron a season away from getting #3. I could care less about rings deciding who's a better qb. Teams earn the rings, not qb's.

Rogers is physically and mentally superior than Ben.

Enough said.
2 totally different offenses! Go back a couple years and when Ben was slinging it around he had the same stupid ass statistics as every othere gunslinger that wasn't winning! If what you want are stats, bring back Tommy Maddox!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #25
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
2 totally different offenses! Go back a couple years and when Ben was slinging it around he had the same stupid ass statistics as every othere gunslinger that wasn't winning! If what you want are stats, bring back Tommy Maddox!!!
Steelers are a pass first offense, so isn't green bay. Each pass attempt is a decision made by the qb. Rogers clearly makes better decisions than Ben.

If green bay came with a deal that involves trading Ben for Aaron 99% of you would be saying welcome aboard Aaron. Don't kid yourself. Eeryones defense on hear is so lame. Just cause Benz a steeler don't mean you have to stick up for him.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #26
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Sure, never mind Manning throwing 25 picks in 2010. The closest Roethlisberger has come to that was in 2006, when he had 23 on the season and arguably had no business playing in a number of games that year, after damn near dying in the offseason. Manning is also one Asante Samuel and one Wes Welker drop away from being ringless himself. Roethlisberger's entire body of work still outshines Manning's to this point.
How many td's were thrown in those years?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #27
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
As Ben gets older his ace in the hole (his escape ability) is going to decrease and he will become more injury prone so he must get smarter as a QB. I thought last year was very evident that he lacked a lot of football smarts with the bad interceptions he would throw into double or triple coverage instead of taking the more logical choice underneath that in fact was open. Even in the last superbowl there were many receivers open and he would often choose the wrong throw. Lack of red zone production is on Ben as well. Notice the best red zone teams have cerebral QBs (Brady, Brees, Rogers, etc) or at least cerebral Offensive Coordinators.

That is why I believe Arians was fired because he wasn't advancing Ben's thought processes enough. Enter Todd Haley and hopefully a better higher IQ Ben. But for right now Eli's play is smarter and it's winning super bowls. If Eli played behind the Steeler's line he would not get sacked as much because the ball would be out quicker something Ben is going to change in his game this year or he will steadily decline every year from here on out as the other QBs advance.
Beautiful: glad someone else notices that bens greediness to try and get the big play every down (pad his stats) is hurting the team. It was also clearly noticeable in the Denver game.

One of bens games that really impressed me was the pats game of 2011. Hitting the open man, not being selfish, not trying to hit the HR every play. If he were like that every game I'd really really be behind the guy, and our offense would be putting up more points and giving up less int's. Only thing that needed improvement was the redzone offense. That's where the ground and pound should be coming into play. C'mon Haley!!!!!

Rogers bread and butter in the redzone are simple back shoulder throws in the endzne. Happen every game and they are simply executed. Steelers should at least TRY it once or twice. Patriots bread and butter are two players doing in routes from oposite sides. Steelers do try it but Ben always yhrows it too high.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #28
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I just happen to completely agree with the list. I take Ben over every other one of these QB's, YES, inlcuding Rodgers! Ben's a winner and I truly believe that not one of these other QB's would have had ANY success behind our OLine. NONE.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #29
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Maybe Cam. Or Russell becasue he was so fat that people bounced off of him. But no one else.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #30
jb500ex
Banned

Member Number: 24020

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinfrench76 View Post
I just happen to completely agree with the list. I take Ben over every other one of these QB's, YES, inlcuding Rodgers! Ben's a winner and I truly believe that not one of these other QB's would have had ANY success behind our OLine. NONE.
you could also say that any other qb would have better stats with our defense and ben wouldnt win anywhere near the games he has with his 14 to 22nd ranked offense in points scored. those guys put up points we dont
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote