Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
Go 'Lers
Water Boy

Member Number: 23944
Default Embarrassing year for Pittsburgh sports

Lets briefly recap the past year of Pittsburgh sports since last April 15th (Tax Day 2011)

Pirates: Catch lightening in a bottle and have the whole city buzzing. Leading the tough NL Central, filling PNC Park to the brim, people could actually name the roster. It was one terrible call in Atlanta in extra innings that derailed the team. back to stinking up the diamond.

Steelers: We got Tebowed, need I say more? Want details? Okay, FINE! Tebow was supposedly incapable of throwing over 50% completion. He ended up throwing couple of touchdowns and scorch Ike Taylor for over 200 yards. And oh yea . . . It took America all of 8 seconds to see the new playoff overtime rules in action.

Penguins: On the verge of being swept in the first round. Don't call me a negative Nacy, there's just nothing that makes me believe they can even muster one win in this series. By the numbers, this is the most goals the Flyers have scored in the first three games of a series (20) EVER as a franchise . . . yeah, its that bad. Not too mention we have to watch Talbot and Jagr (Czech for "Douchbag") skate off victorious.

Pitt Panthers: Its business as usual for the football team: lousy. As for the basketball team, by far the biggest disappointment of the whole season. Pitt fans resort back to what they do best: bitching and moaning.

I currently have a roommate from Boston so you can imagine we playfully feud in our current location of Columbus, OH. We're just two absolutly bullheaded, unapologetic supporters of our cities. Before, I lived amoungst Clevelanders in college so this is a big 180 degree difference in terms of bragging rights and sports oneupmanship that I'm used to having.
Go 'Lers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Embarrassing year for Pittsburgh sports

you might as well throw in Penn State while you're at it.. a lot of us are PSU fans too.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Baseball should force the current dismal, poor owners of the Pirates to sell the team to someone with MONEY! They should never be allowed to own a baseball team.

As for the Penguins, i have no idea what the hell they're doing. And if you take off the "Pittsburgh" blinders, they're starting to become known as the "new" Philadelphia Flyers....cheap shot artists. I dont' necessarily think they are...but they're starting be known as such to others.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

How can you guys not add in PSU? Although "embarrassing" might not apply, you would need something quite worse to label what happened there.

Penguins are playing as about as poor sports as you can be. Flyer, my team are spanking them good. The only issue with the Pens playing the way they are, is the Flyers are beating them soundly in all areas. Goals, Brawls etc. So even playing dirty isn't getting them anywheres.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

yeah, definitely PSU is an embarrassment, i just think the focus of this post was the city of Pittsburgh.

To me, its astounding and incredibly baffling that theres not a demand by the league and by the city for the current Pirates owner to sell the team. They are 100% incapable of owning a sports team, are proving it, and are causing major embarrassment for the city. Hell, why don't i just own them? I don't have any money either lol
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,912 Times in 4,516 Posts

actually the penguins have been kicking the shit outta philthy in the fights.... the only good thing in the series thus far.

how anyone can see differently is baffling.

on a positive note is the city of pgh has had plenty of years to be extremely proud of.

disappointment happens even in the midst of greatness.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,140 Times in 858 Posts

Pirates aside, I find it quite comforting that the Steelers/Pens disappointments come with playoff loss's. That goes to show how we bleed here. Hell, there are most fanbase's that would just like to see a competitive team around their parts. The playoffs would be an added dream & a bonus for hope.

Proud to be a Pittsburgh-er!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
steel-EERS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2166

glad I am a WVU football fan, when I tire of watching another steel city meltdown I put the 70-33 Orange bowl drubbing of Clemson in and all is good
Old 04-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,140 Times in 858 Posts

I love Pittsburgh, like the Pirates, like the Pens but I'm no rabid fan. When it comes to my Stillers though, I'm a diehard MANIAC. It's all about the Steelers for me, hands down. The Steelers are my heartbeat.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Come on Tony, are both your eyes bandaged up?lol

We are not talking cheap cross checks to the throat when no one is looking. We are talking Hartnell taking off his gloves than pounding your guy..
Christ, a blind quad can beat that snot nosed Crosby.

Watch game 4, than we can talk, lol But Crosby may be saying Mommy half way through the 2nd period.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote