Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 04-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default He's on the Steeler's radar!

Nice read for a future prospect!

Miles Wade, NT, Portland St.--6'1" 311lbs. Check out the below quote...he's on the Steeler's radar!

"Wade’s combine invite was not to Indianapolis, it is to this weekend’s NFL Super Regional Combine held in Detroit. He hopes to build off the momentum of his pro day, where he impressed scouts with his 35.5" vertical, 42 reps of 225 lbs, 9’1" broad jump and an impressive 4.99 40-yard dash for a guy who is 6’1 and 311 lbs.

He has had conversations with New England, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, New Orleans and Buffalo. Wade is picking up steam with the 2012 NFL Draft right around the corner.

"Plenty of teams are in the market for a guy who can plug the hole and allow their linebackers to flow to the ball. One team that immediately comes to mind is the Pittsburgh Steelers, who have to start looking for a long-term replacement for Casey Hampton, who is rumored to be entering his 12th NFL season on the Physically Unable to Perform list.

"My favorite team when I was growing up was the Pittsburgh Steelers," Wade said. "I always wanted to be Jerome Bettis."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...d-to-get-there
Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,149 Posts
Default Re: He's on the Steeler's radar!

This is what frustrates me.......a couple years ago when Myron Pryor was 2nd team all SEC from Kentucky...we take Ra'Shon Harris in the 6th round instead of Pryor. Now we are looking at probably free agent pickups from Portland St.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

Myles Wade

Combine Stats

Height6'1 Weight311 40x4.99 Bench Press42 Broad Jump9.1 Vertical Jump35.5 20 Yrd Shuttle4.6 3-Code DrillN/A Projected Draft Stock7-PFA Combine InviteNo All Star InvitesN/A Twitter@Wade503

Portland State, NT

Portland State, NT (Texas Tech Transfer)
Originally was headed to Oregon to be a Duck but failed academically to qualify that led to a detour to Arizona Western Junior College, with hopes to eventually be a Duck after junior college. Attended Arizona Western Junior College and played one season before transferring to Texas Tech. He ended up playing 2 years of solid football at Texas Tech but the Mike Leech regime change left him looking for something better. He returned home in 2011 with his degree from Tech and took his game to the Portland State Vikings. Wade's Pro Day results stand out with 42 reps of 225, a legitimate 5.06 40-time that was done outside, along with a 35.5" Vertical, and a 4.60 shuttle.
Who Might You Resemble
"That's flattering you would even ask that question. People I admire James Harrison and the road he took not being drafted. Vince Wilfork with the passing of his parents and still persevere. DeMarcus Ware all the perseverance him and his wife had to go through and things like that. Those three guys and some others I highly admire."
Wanted To Be Like Shaq
"When I was younger I played basketball a lot and wanted to be like Shaq. When I played football I watched Warren Sapp and I even played running back and fullback. My favorite team when I was growing up was the Pittsburgh Steelers so I always wanted to be Jerome Bettis. I started transitioning to football because I wasn't getting taller I was just getting bigger."
Persevere Over The Odds
"Yeah, the first was when I didn't qualify to go the University of Oregon out of high school. I contemplated giving up but I didn't my family my father, my mother and with the grace of God helped me get through that setback. Another point in my career in college was when my mother got diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. At that point I wanted to go back home to Portland (Oregon) during my time at Arizona (Arizona Western College) and just quit and hang it up. I was like this isn't working maybe this isn't my calling anymore but my father told me 'stay with your nose to the grind stone' and at that point in my life I had faith but I didn't really understand what it meant to be in my faith though. Then on December 21st in 2008 my mother passed and from that day on out my faith in God grew more and God has led me to where I am now. It really made me realize my potential to play football and I believe it's his mission for me to play in his honor and not my own."
What Scouts Might Miss
"I don't like to fish for compliments but really my whole journey in itself has been misunderstood and hasn't been properly accessed and can be looked over by folks just because of the journey I had. I didn't have the conventional, being at the same school for four or five years, I went to four different schools in five years. I went to two junior colleges and two university.
What Scouts Might Miss
One piece of my game that is kind of under looked is my ability to make the running back bounce and take on two or three blockers and occupy them to allow let my teammates and backers to flow off the blocks to make plays. There was always a point in the game where teams would game plan and would send two of three guys at me or two lineman and a back. At that point I would know I got there respect and so my teammates are going to start making plays now."
Pride Of Being Double-Triple Teamed
"When I can tell by formation or by stance rather if the o-line man is going to pull or it's going to be one on one block. Especially on a pass where I'm lined up in the three technique and I know that center is most likely going to go away from me and down to the one technique and help with guard. I know I got the offensive guard one, if I'm not sacking the quarterback; I'm making that quarterback run for his life. I'm going to bull him back (guard) or I'm going to just use a move and get past him."
What Will Get Him Noticed
"Honestly my motor doesn't stop. I can be lined up on the weak side of the ball and the ball is going away from me you won't see my jog; I'll be sprinting to go get the ball. I'm going to chase the ball until the whistle is blown."
What Professional Would The Nose Tackle Choose (Male Model or Lead Singer of Boy Band)
Listen in to find out
College2Pro.com Perspective
Good mass, bulk with exceptional strength. Very athletic for his size. Great competitor with good intangibles. Can penetrate and disrupt. Plays with great hustle and determination. Has great weight room numbers and exceptional strength. Shorter than scouts would like but has 'it' factor that something that can't be coached.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

seems like an interesting prospect ... it seems like there are a lot of late round prospects at the NT and Dline position
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
MDSteel15
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
This is what frustrates me.......a couple years ago when Myron Pryor was 2nd team all SEC from Kentucky...we take Ra'Shon Harris in the 6th round instead of Pryor. Now we are looking at probably free agent pickups from Portland St.
Yeah, FA pickups from small schools suck!!! Right James Harrison from Kent State?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Yeah, FA pickups from small schools suck!!! Right James Harrison from Kent State?
So, we are gonna draft this kid in the 7th or get him as a free agent. Then cut him so he can goto camp the next year with the Ravens, then maybe bring him back for another shot the following year. Then put him on the 53 man roster to play special teams for a few seasons and finally insert him into the roster to become an all pro??

What are we going to do in the next 5 seasons for a NT then?? Oh, I forgot.....Ziggy Hood and Steve McClendon can play there.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,758 Times in 3,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
So, we are gonna draft this kid in the 7th or get him as a free agent. Then cut him so he can goto camp the next year with the Ravens, then maybe bring him back for another shot the following year. Then put him on the 53 man roster to play special teams for a few seasons and finally insert him into the roster to become an all pro??

:

what do you mean??? that formula ALWAYS works (you left out a year with NFL Europe)!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

what do you mean??? that formula ALWAYS works (you left out a year with NFL Europe)!
Sorry, I wasnt sure if the NFL Europe was still available in the master plan. If only Cedric Humes was a UDFA and used that formula......he would have been the next Steven Jackson.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
MDSteel15
Team President

You'll be wearing his jersey in 2 years when he takes over for Hampton!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
You'll be wearing his jersey in 2 years when he takes over for Hampton!
Its a 5 year master plan, but if he does.........I'll buy you one of his jerseys too.