Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Steelers5895
Starter

Member Number: 23994
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

I like what I see from our secondary. If we can put pressure on QBs it will help it even more. I am thankful McFadden is gone. What a complete loss of ability with him. Not sure what happened but he lost his ability to play football. William Gay played well last year but was a below average DB at best and he will show that on his new team.

Both Brown and Allen have a decent upside, we still know nothing about either and Lewis was solid and will be a solid #2 cb.
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Good Secondary? Be still my beating heart. We tied for 24th in the league in the number of interceptions. We had only 11 and worst team only had 8.

Good Secondary? We returned exactly ZERO interceptions and we tied the worst teams in the league in this regard.

Good Secondary? Our longest interception return was only 33 yards which ranked an exulted 27th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our intercepted return yards were only 99 yards which ranked an awesome 30th in the league.

Good Secondary? The best statistic we had was pass defensed which ranked an awe inspiring 14th in the league.

Hands of stone Taylor can't intercept a cold and Troy is one concussion away from never playing again. We will be lucky if we get 8 uninjured games out of Troy given his history during the last five years

By the way our give away/take away ratio last year was a pulse pounding -13; the worst in the AFC and 28th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our secondary is not even barely adequate. We need to spend a high draft pick on it again. Then again I guess that we can always draft another linebacker with a number one pick and have our secondary be in the toilet again this year.

Last edited by mesaSteeler; 04-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
Timbo
Water Boy

Member Number: 20505

Quote:
U mean the one that he only has....lol
I have read this sentence at least 300 times. I am convinced this is what the term 'internet gold' was coined for. Something this poetically mind-melting could only come from a person of true power and experience, such as a team owner. I imagine the Rooney's have bestowed similar wisdom upon our beloved Steeler franchise over the past 8 decades. Thank you for this.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Good Secondary? Be still my beating heart. We tied for 24th in the league in the number of interceptions. We had only 11 and worst team only had 8.

Good Secondary? We returned exactly ZERO interceptions and we tied the worst teams in the league in this regard.

Good Secondary? Our longest interception return was only 33 yards which ranked an exulted 27th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our intercepted return yards were only 99 yards which ranked an awesome 30th in the league.

Good Secondary? The best statistic we had was pass defensed which ranked an awe inspiring 14th in the league.

Hands of stone Taylor can't intercept a cold and Troy is one concussion away from never playing again. We will be lucky if we get 8 uninjured games out of Troy given his history during the last five years

By the way our give away/take away ratio last year was a pulse pounding -13; the worst in the AFC and 28th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our secondary is not even barely adequate. We need to spend a high draft pick on it again. Then again I guess that we can always draft another linebacker with a number one pick and have our secondary be in the toilet again this year.
We had the number 1 pass defense despite the fact that we were rarely able to pressure the QB, so yes they are good.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

I refuse to believe that mesaSteeler is serious. What an unreasonably irrational tirade. You can't give up the fewest yards, yards per play, and points with a secondary that is less than good.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I have read this sentence at least 300 times. I am convinced this is what the term 'internet gold' was coined for. Something this poetically mind-melting could only come from a person of true power and experience, such as a team owner. I imagine the Rooney's have bestowed similar wisdom upon our beloved Steeler franchise over the past 8 decades. Thank you for this.
Dude, no offense, get laid, rub one out or something, that s**t is too deep.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
I refuse to believe that mesaSteeler is serious. What an unreasonably irrational tirade. You can't give up the fewest yards, yards per play, and points with a secondary that is less than good.
Believe it! The only that is ridiculous is your ignorant stupidity.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Do you actually think that an average secondary can finish first in the league in yards allowed, yards per play allowed, and points allowed? You clearly overvalue turnovers in characterizing the quality of the secondary.

Ike Taylor had two interceptions last year, and I don't recall him dropping any. The comments about his "stone hands" are getting old. And Polamalu started every game last year. Your arguments are nonsensical, yet you have the audacity to insult me.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Let's take a step back and tone it down, boys. Kindly warning.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,735 Times in 903 Posts
My Mood: Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Let's take a step back and tone it down, boys. Kindly warning.

Thank You!
Why did it get so nasty, so quickly.
A sign of the times....I guess.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote