Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Steelers5895
Starter
 
Steelers5895's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 543
Member Number: 23994
Thanks: 6
Thanked 164 Times in 104 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

I like what I see from our secondary. If we can put pressure on QBs it will help it even more. I am thankful McFadden is gone. What a complete loss of ability with him. Not sure what happened but he lost his ability to play football. William Gay played well last year but was a below average DB at best and he will show that on his new team.

Both Brown and Allen have a decent upside, we still know nothing about either and Lewis was solid and will be a solid #2 cb.
Steelers5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 7,976
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Good Secondary? Be still my beating heart. We tied for 24th in the league in the number of interceptions. We had only 11 and worst team only had 8.

Good Secondary? We returned exactly ZERO interceptions and we tied the worst teams in the league in this regard.


Good Secondary? Our longest interception return was only 33 yards which ranked an exulted 27th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our intercepted return yards were only 99 yards which ranked an awesome 30th in the league.

Good Secondary? The best statistic we had was pass defensed which ranked an awe inspiring 14th in the league.

Hands of stone Taylor can't intercept a cold and Troy is one concussion away from never playing again. We will be lucky if we get 8 uninjured games out of Troy given his history during the last five years

By the way our give away/take away ratio last year was a pulse pounding -13; the worst in the AFC and 28th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our secondary is not even barely adequate. We need to spend a high draft pick on it again. Then again I guess that we can always draft another linebacker with a number one pick and have our secondary be in the toilet again this year.

Last edited by mesaSteeler; 04-22-2012 at 10:40 AM.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
Timbo
Water Boy
 
Timbo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 6
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Quote:
U mean the one that he only has....lol
I have read this sentence at least 300 times. I am convinced this is what the term 'internet gold' was coined for. Something this poetically mind-melting could only come from a person of true power and experience, such as a team owner. I imagine the Rooney's have bestowed similar wisdom upon our beloved Steeler franchise over the past 8 decades. Thank you for this.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President
 
tanda10506's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Smoky Mountains, TN
Posts: 2,104
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17319
Thanks: 814
Thanked 367 Times in 206 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Good Secondary? Be still my beating heart. We tied for 24th in the league in the number of interceptions. We had only 11 and worst team only had 8.

Good Secondary? We returned exactly ZERO interceptions and we tied the worst teams in the league in this regard.


Good Secondary? Our longest interception return was only 33 yards which ranked an exulted 27th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our intercepted return yards were only 99 yards which ranked an awesome 30th in the league.

Good Secondary? The best statistic we had was pass defensed which ranked an awe inspiring 14th in the league.

Hands of stone Taylor can't intercept a cold and Troy is one concussion away from never playing again. We will be lucky if we get 8 uninjured games out of Troy given his history during the last five years

By the way our give away/take away ratio last year was a pulse pounding -13; the worst in the AFC and 28th in the league.

Good Secondary? Our secondary is not even barely adequate. We need to spend a high draft pick on it again. Then again I guess that we can always draft another linebacker with a number one pick and have our secondary be in the toilet again this year.
We had the number 1 pass defense despite the fact that we were rarely able to pressure the QB, so yes they are good.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #15
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

I refuse to believe that mesaSteeler is serious. What an unreasonably irrational tirade. You can't give up the fewest yards, yards per play, and points with a secondary that is less than good.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I have read this sentence at least 300 times. I am convinced this is what the term 'internet gold' was coined for. Something this poetically mind-melting could only come from a person of true power and experience, such as a team owner. I imagine the Rooney's have bestowed similar wisdom upon our beloved Steeler franchise over the past 8 decades. Thank you for this.
Dude, no offense, get laid, rub one out or something, that s**t is too deep.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 7,976
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
I refuse to believe that mesaSteeler is serious. What an unreasonably irrational tirade. You can't give up the fewest yards, yards per play, and points with a secondary that is less than good.
Believe it! The only that is ridiculous is your ignorant stupidity.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Do you actually think that an average secondary can finish first in the league in yards allowed, yards per play allowed, and points allowed? You clearly overvalue turnovers in characterizing the quality of the secondary.

Ike Taylor had two interceptions last year, and I don't recall him dropping any. The comments about his "stone hands" are getting old. And Polamalu started every game last year. Your arguments are nonsensical, yet you have the audacity to insult me.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,442
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 337
Thanked 891 Times in 430 Posts
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Let's take a step back and tone it down, boys. Kindly warning.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
FrancoLambert
Team President
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 2,079
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 2,068
Thanked 1,735 Times in 903 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Steelers might turn corner with younger secondary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Let's take a step back and tone it down, boys. Kindly warning.

Thank You!
Why did it get so nasty, so quickly.
A sign of the times....I guess.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts