Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
View Poll Results: is the abundance of steeler tweeters a good or bad thing?
good. it keeps them out of trouble. 0 0%
bad. it keeps them out of practice and the playbook 0 0%
im a stiff and think only eagles, seahawks, ravens, cardinals, and falcons should tweet. 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,399 Times in 3,546 Posts
Default Young Steelers lead all NFLers in tweeting

there is a website that tracks over 400 nfl players and what they tweet and how often.

last week (7 day span) the daily leaders included marcus gilbert, markice pouncey, barron batch and wes saunders.

XtremeTweet Football‏@xtfootballReply

#FF Weeks Top Tweeters @FonzoAZ46 @Wes_Saunders88 @MarcusGilbert88 @MaurkicePouncey @AaronCurry51 @GenoHayes54 http://football.xtremetweet.com

basically the steelers tweet more than anybodey else. theres no doubt the team has its finger on the pulse (r. mendenhall completely abandoned twitter after his inflamatory remarks).

yet fan favorites such as a. brown, j. harrison, r. clark. all the o-linemen, woodley, taylor, keisel all have a very strong social media presense.

it is very transperant. id much rather see the players at home tweeting as opposed to shootin up da clubs.

however i cant really imagine walter payton or jerry rice tweeting in their hey day. mikhael jordan would probably be out practicing jump shots (when he wasnt gambling or womanizing, of course).
Old 04-24-2012, 11:45 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,547 Times in 2,783 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Young Steelers lead all NFLers in tweeting

i could care less what they do as long as they're not a distraction to the team, i don't consider it good, or bad.

I like how antonio brown and emmanuel sanders chat with the fans and get involved like that, but I always hate it when someone says a boneheaded remark like the deal with mendenhall and pouncey.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,399 Times in 3,546 Posts
Default Re: Young Steelers lead all NFLers in tweeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post

I like how antonio brown and emmanuel sanders chat with the fans and get involved like that, but I always hate it when someone says a boneheaded remark like the deal with mendenhall and pouncey.
woodley said joe flacco will never win a SB infront of a camera. does that count?

ben screws chicks.

many people think that tomlin and art II are pathological liars in the way they mistreated arians and that THAT was a huge distraction to the team.

others think lebeau is old, and william gay sucks, and our old, fat, and slow defense will never force another turnover again.

a. brown, m. pouncey, c. spann, w. saunders, i. redman, are all schilling t-shirts on twitter (i guess because they are money hungry).

who is bad? or is it all good?

personally i think the whole twitter deal has a bad stigma attached to it, but im not oblivious to our current crop of young steelers dedication to their social presence.

baron batch said something that kinda suprised me. if the pay were the same he would rather be a writer than a football player, because you have a greater chance of leaving your mark on the world.

i think i'd rather be a wordsmith like emmit smith (who is probably lucky to spell his own last name) and have all the rings, records, and accolades.