Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-21-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default My Son and Santonio

OKAY!!!! How cool is this!!!...that is my son's question being answered by Santonio!!!

ASK THE STEELERS

Steelers.com will be bringing you the Ask the Steelers feature throughout the summer. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

SANTONIO HOLMES – PART 2

Andy Martin from Houston, TX: Will you be able to take on the blocking assignments that are asked of Steelers receivers?

Santonio Holmes: I think so. I have been through it playing on great teams in high school and in college where we ran the ball the majority of the time. I told coach plenty of times if you want a big run bring it to my side and I'll pick up the key block and let the running back do the rest. I think I will be able to take on the role of blocking.

Steve Monaghan from Atlanta, GA: How often do Buckeye alumni currently in the NFL come back to Columbus and brief you guys about life in the pros?

Santonio Holmes: It's not very often. Every week the night before the game Coach Tressel would have us have a speaker in. Out of the 12 games we do have in the season, probably eight or nine of those guys are former Ohio State players who are in the NFL. They speak to us at that time. But it doesn't happen much during the year that much. It's mostly just the night before a game.

Mark Evermore from Phoenix, AZ: What was your first mini-camp practice like?
Santonio Holmes: It was very confusing. I got a lot accomplished. I walked off the field with a smile on my face. I got a chance in my first mini-camp to be a part of the organization that I love. I had a smile on my face after I left, but it was very confusing getting things started.

Jacob Biggerstaff from Normal, IL: Who is your favorite former Steelers wide reciever?

Santonio Holmes: I would have to Hines Ward. He has been there the longest that I can remember since I have been a Steelers fan.

Jim Moore from San Diego, CA: Has Hines Ward offered you any advice yet or taken you under his wing?

Santonio Holmes: He helped me out since day one. He told me if I ever needed anything to let him know and he would be there for me to help me out. He had someone there for him to help him out so he wants to give back to the younger guys and let them know what being in this league is all about.

Bill Stephens from Columbus, OH: Do you have any concerns about missing the coaching sessions and what are you doing now to prepare?
Santonio Holmes: None at all. I know the other players are going to be there to help me get back into form when I do get a chance to meet up with those guys. The coaches are also going to do their best to make sure I understand what is going on and help me get back into football mode. I am currently working out everyday. At night I look over the plays that I had the chance to learn at mini-camp. I want to make sure I learn those. I talk to the coaches whenever I get an opportunity. .

Jimmy Dantzler from Phoenix, AZ: I always find it curios how players choose their pro jersey number. How did you come to choose number 10?

Santonio Holmes: I wanted to be different. No receivers in the NFL have that number currently. I wanted to be the first wide receiver to wear No. 10. I didn't want an 80s number because a lot of guys wear them. I wanted to try something different.

Ben Lewis from Tallahassee, FL: You seem to be very mature for your age. How did you develop that maturity and was it from your mother growing up?

Santonio Holmes: I really don't know how I developed the maturity level that I have. It's hard growing up without a father. That was one of the biggest keys. You learn and appreciate a lot of things at an early age.

David Orman from Conway, SC: How has your life changed since the draft?

Santonio Holmes: I became a lot busier.

Sal Marino from Davie, FL: What were your impressions of first working with Ben Roethlisberger?

Santonio Holmes: Big Ben is a real cool dude. He is very laid back. He has been around the organization for three years. He doesn't demand a whole lot. He is fun to be around. He likes to get the work done first and get to know the guys after. On the field he is a hard working guy and then off the field it's about let's get to know each other and get the chemistry going and become a better te
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:16 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: My Son and Santonio

That's awesome LLT! Be sure to print it out and save it for him. I think that was a very good question to ask.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
That's awesome LLT! Be sure to print it out and save it for him. I think that was a very good question to ask.
Yeah..he doesnt know yet... He will be so jazzed!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Way to go..my man Jacob!!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,096 Times in 3,457 Posts

very cool! could this spring a career in journalism?
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #6
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

VERY cool...you know he's gonna love it!
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:31 AM   #7
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
very cool! could this spring a career in journalism?
Pittsburgh needs new ones. Let's hope so.

Salute to you and your son LLT.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I thought Santonio was supposed to have been a long term Steelers fan?

Quote:
Jacob Biggerstaff from Normal, IL: Who is your favorite former Steelers wide reciever?

Santonio Holmes: I would have to Hines Ward. He has been there the longest that I can remember since I have been a Steelers fan.
Plus, the question asked for a former WR, not one who is currently playing for them.

Excellent question though LLT, was your son annoyed that Holmes couldn't answer it properly?

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:52 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I thought Santonio was supposed to have been a long term Steelers fan?

Plus, the question asked for a former WR, not one who is currently playing for them.

Excellent question though LLT, was your son annoyed that Holmes couldn't answer it properly?

NM
He hasnt had a chance to see it yet...and I am not sure how the question was given to Santonio..so in the interest of staying "jazzed" about the situation..I am willing to give him the benefit of a doubt

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 07-21-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #10
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Heh heh.

Fair enough

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote