Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF

The NFL, NFL Network and ESPN got together to try to keep suspense in the draft and not show guys on the phone before a pick is announced or have the announcers tell us who the team is drafting before Goodell announces the pick.

This pact lasted about 10 picks. Chris "fat-f**k" Berman is acting as if he's some draft expert "predicting" who the draft is going to be. Hey you fat-f**k! - You are just noticing which player just got a phone call before Goodell goes up to the podium.

Now Adam "ego-head" Schefter and Craig "I look like a retard" Mortensen are trying to get in the act and trying to look like experts by "predicting" the pick. This is an exercise in utter stupidity. These egomaniacs are trying to look intelligent but are ruining it for all of us watching it on TV.

They just can't help themselves. They simply cannot help themselves. Their egos have an appetite so big that they are willing to throw the enjoyment of the fans under the bus.

I hope they all have heart attacks on live TV.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642
Default Re: ESPN Draft Coverage ... WTF

Thanks,i thought i was the only one that thought this way.I f-n hate chris "im a star cause i interview them" berman.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
The NFL, NFL Network and ESPN got together to try to keep suspense in the draft and not show guys on the phone before a pick is announced or have the announcers tell us who the team is drafting before Goodell announces the pick.

This pact lasted about 10 picks. Chris "fat-f**k" Berman is acting as if he's some draft expert "predicting" who the draft is going to be. Hey you fat-f**k! - You are just noticing which player just got a phone call before Goodell goes up to the podium.

Now Adam "ego-head" Schefter and Craig "I look like a retard" Mortensen are trying to get in the act and trying to look like experts by "predicting" the pick. This is an exercise in utter stupidity. These egomaniacs are trying to look intelligent but are ruining it for all of us watching it on TV.

They just can't help themselves. They simply cannot help themselves. Their egos have an appetite so big that they are willing to throw the enjoyment of the fans under the bus.

I hope they all have heart attacks on live TV.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

The things i did like :
-with the new player/owners agreement, the picks went really quickly and was very enjoyable. Previous drafts were almost unbearable and unwatchable...it was too dragged out and boring. This year was great.

The things i DID NOT like:
-what was mentioned above in other posts
-the "fake" and "acted out" long and extended hug between the drafted player and Goodell. What happened to a handshake or a quick hug??
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #4
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
The things i did like :
-with the new player/owners agreement, the picks went really quickly and was very enjoyable. Previous drafts were almost unbearable and unwatchable...it was too dragged out and boring. This year was great.

The things i DID NOT like:
-what was mentioned above in other posts
-the "fake" and "acted out" long and extended hug between the drafted player and Goodell. What happened to a handshake or a quick hug??
i can't blame the players for the hug. they are so happy they would hug anything at that point ... Goodell...Rosie o'donnell ... a tree.

its Goodell using these players to try to pimp up his rep.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
i can't blame the players for the hug. they are so happy they would hug anything at that point ... Goodell...Rosie o'donnell ... a tree.

its Goodell using these players to try to pimp up his rep.

Every hug was long and extended and seemed "fake" after the 1st few.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,080 Times in 2,617 Posts

i typically love the TV coverage of the draft and am usually torn because both ESPN and NFL network both have aspects that i like, so i flip back and forth.

with that being said, the best coverage last night was adam schein, tim ryan (former player), pat kirwan (former coach, director of player personell, gm) and gil brandt (HOF calibur GM and contributor) on sirius radio.

while the likes of schefter have excellent "sources", gil and pat are former insiders who have legitimate friends and associates all over the NFL who tell them plenty off the record. they use this insider info to distribute some of the most knowledgable, and trustworthy insight an analysis out there.

for instance pat kirwan revealed he recently had dinner with a steeler insider (i suspect it was his CBS co-worker bill cowher in town to cover the draft, or possibly even kevin colbert or even both) and revealed that the steelers absolutely loved dontari poe. "LOVED HIM".

the sirius team also has the best interviews with the players right after being selected. schein, who admitted he was a critic, told dontari poe to address his lack of production on tape. poe matter of factly stated that what he put on film was exactly what his coaches asked him to do (basically insinuating that the memphis coaches under used his talents and that he couldve done more).

great stuff.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

There was only three things I liked about the first round of the draft:

#3: All of the announcers telling Colt McCoy he's frakked now that the Clowns wasted a pick on a 28 yr. old QB.

#2: Our draft choice of DeCastro.

And the #1 thing I loved: EVERY time GODdell came onstage, he got thoroughly booed and heckled. WHAT??!? :)
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #8
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

The kids are appreciative for having the opportunity to become a millionaire. No matter how you look at it, he is at the top or as big as a douche bag we all think Goodell is, he is still at the top there.

If it wasnt for the nfl, where would they be? Most failed turn on and off a light in there college courses.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #9
Hypocycloid
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8450

In a fantasy world, I would love to see James Harrison have to walk across that stage!
Hypocycloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

How about Gruden, who loves EVERYONE and who thinks EVERYONE is a great player, and how EVERYONE will be in the HofF, lol

The dude has to not like everyone, lol
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote