Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 AM   #1
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default I Love Vanderjac...

Does anyone remember when the Steelers called a timeout in that play-off game in Indy what he did toward our bench? We called a timeout right before he attempted the game tying FG the first time just to try to ice him...Come on now... someone has to remember... I noticed it right off the bat and was giving him heck and my wife was like what is wrong with you?... I had to rewind it for her to see exactly what he did.. we have the d-vo thing on direct tv the greatest thing tv has ever invented..
God Bless
Elvis

Last edited by Elvis; 07-21-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: I Love Vanderjac...

So you want to fill us in? I don't remember and work has fried my brain for the week.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006
Does anyone remember when the Steelers called a timeout in that play-off game in Indy what he did toward our bench? We called a timeout right before he attempted the game tying FG the first time just to try to ice him...Come on now... someone has to remember... I noticed it right off the bat and was giving him heck and my wife was like what is wrong with you?... I had to rewind it for her to see exactly what he did.. we have the d-vo thing on direct tv the greatest thing tv has ever invented..
God Bless
Elvis
I will admit I dont know.

But i'll take a guess.

Did he make the 'money' gesture towards the bench?

He did that in the regular season against the Pats a couple of years back - and he missed that time too!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
God Bless
Elvis
Was this before he shart his pants knowing he HAD to make that FG? I think I saw him shaking in his cleats a bit when the Steelers called that timeout, but I'm not sure if that was fear or the DT's from alcohol withdrawal.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #5
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I went back and watched it but I wasn't able to see what gesture he made with his hand. Whether he just pointed to the bench or flipped a finger, I dunno.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Big Theing I remember about him is his CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE In the AFC Divisional Playoff.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

psinNapalm... You got it... he walked off the field back toward his sideline with a poin of the finger toward the Steelers sideline like he was sayin''''''''... Your gonna pay for that!!
I was all over that when he did it... it is the small things like that I notice the most sometimes... Like when Odell Thurman for the Bungals gauranteed after the Steelers beat them in the 1st round that they would win the Super Bowl this upcoming season....A guarentee from a loser....hmmmmmmm
God Bless
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:41 PM   #8
blackvelvet
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2128

I didn't see anything, but i remember when the steelers called a time out at that time, my dad said, "Oh for the love of god vanderjact!" (i can't spell it, and i don't really care). I went, "what? what did he do?" my dad just shook his head and didn't say anything.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:47 PM   #9
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
psinNapalm... You got it... he walked off the field back toward his sideline with a poin of the finger toward the Steelers sideline like he was sayin''''''''... Your gonna pay for that!!
I was all over that when he did it... it is the small things like that I notice the most sometimes... Like when Odell Thurman for the Bungals gauranteed after the Steelers beat them in the 1st round that they would win the Super Bowl this upcoming season....A guarentee from a loser....hmmmmmmm
God Bless
Elvis
Ha ha ha. Thanks for letting us know. I watched the game but i can't just remember him doing stuff like that. So Mr. Vanderjacht is little emotional then huh? Weakness known to the enemy is not a good thing.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Do any of you remember when Chris "The Finger" Gardocki flipped the bird as he walked off the field while still with the Browns a few years back? That was hilarious - got to love the guy. It's even more funny now because he wears the black & gold.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote