Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,111
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,468
Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,655 Posts
Default marshall faulk essentially done

he will undergo another knee operation next week sidelining him for the year and basically making the decision for him on his pending retirement.

just shy of 20,000 yards from scrimmage, with an amazing 700+ receptions and 130+ total td's, he should be a definite 1st ballot hall of famer.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:58 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Loved watching him play. Class act on and off the field. But I think it's time that he hangs'em up.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

I agree that he has been the complete footballer in his time at the Rams.

He would have had more rings if Martz had used him as the centrepiece of his offence instead of his own ego.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
he will undergo another knee operation next week sidelining him for the year and basically making the decision for him on his pending retirement.

just shy of 20,000 yards from scrimmage, with an amazing 700+ receptions and 130+ total td's, he should be a definite 1st ballot hall of famer.
I'm really sad to see him end his career on yet another knee surgery. Marshall Faulk is the consummate player, teamer and person. In his prime, he was one of the most exciting backs to watch. I agree that he should be a 1 balloter.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FAYETTEVILLE AR
Posts: 1,175
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

That would be cool to see him and The Bus up there together
__________________





BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Loved watching him play. Class act on and off the field. But I think it's time that he hangs'em up.

He should go into the Hall ..but is FAR from a class act...I posted a couple of months ago how he walked out to the bus while a bunch of kids (including my son) were asking for his autograph..he told them that he wasnt Marshall Faulk and that "marshall" was still in the locker room....then he got on the bus..stuck his head out the window and laughed at the confused kids....
My son still hates him...but that doesnt take away from his on-field accomplishments...there was a time where he could see the field better thatn any back I had personally witnessed..since Walter P.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
floodcitygirl
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,752
Member Number: 1784
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth
He should go into the Hall ..but is FAR from a class act...I posted a couple of months ago how he walked out to the bus while a bunch of kids (including my son) were asking for his autograph..he told them that he wasnt Marshall Faulk and that "marshall" was still in the locker room....then he got on the bus..stuck his head out the window and laughed at the confused kids....
My son still hates him...but that doesnt take away from his on-field accomplishments...there was a time where he could see the field better thatn any back I had personally witnessed..since Walter P.
Wow...I really hate to hear about somebody in that kind of position messing with little kids like that!
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,111
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,468
Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,655 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I agree that he has been the complete footballer in his time at the Rams.

He would have had more rings if Martz had used him as the centrepiece of his offence instead of his own ego.

NM
dont forget his time with the colts. his 2nd most productive season yardage wise was his final year with the colts in 98. 1300 yds rushing plus 900 yds rec. he did excellent on a pretty much horrible team, with a young developing manning.

i still kick myself for skipping sdsu's game at unm while i was there. he rushed for like 300 yds and 5 td's. i was probably out partying (and tickets were free for students )
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend
 
Livinginthe past's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crushing the AFCE...annually
Posts: 7,520
Member Number: 478
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
dont forget his time with the colts. his 2nd most productive season yardage wise was his final year with the colts in 98. 1300 yds rushing plus 900 yds rec. he did excellent on a pretty much horrible team, with a young developing manning.
True. Very true.

The Colts were a horrible team for a long time, especially when they were in the AFC East - so it goes to show that they have come a long way....just not ALL the way.

Manning has had some very nice RB's to complement him over the years.

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,111
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,468
Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,655 Posts
Default Re: marshall faulk essentially done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
True. Very true.

The Colts were a horrible team for a long time, especially when they were in the AFC East - so it goes to show that they have come a long way....just not ALL the way.

Manning has had some very nice RB's to complement him over the years.

NM
yes. makes me jealous jerome never had some really nice qb's to compliment him during his prime.

interresting to think how the colts wouldve been if they never let faulk go for james. all in all it was a good trade only in that it didnt backfire on them. until james injury it was a toss up between them 2 for the #1 pick in most fantasy drafts fo a few years.

faulk and sanders have to be 2 of my favorite non steelers to watch though.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts