Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Couldn't happen to a better....

bunch of convicts!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

RAVENS: The Ravens' draft board got uncharacteristically wiped out, according to the team's official website. By the end of the three-day event, all but three of the team's top 150 players were selected. And Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta said those three remaining players had medical concerns. “Things don’t always happen the way you want them to,” DeCosta said. “Some drafts, every player that you want kind of comes to you, and then other drafts – this year comes to mind; 2010 was very similar to this year -- sometimes you just get wiped out. You have four players, and all of a sudden, boom they are gone.” Hensley's slant: The Ravens' 2010 draft won't go down as one of their best, but the team did find productive players in nose tackle Terrence Cody and tight ends Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta and defensive tackle Art Jones. That's also the draft where Baltimore gambled on linebacker Sergio Kindle, who had several pre-draft red flags. He has yet to contribute since fracturing his skull in 2010 when he fell down two flights of stairs.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Couldn't happen to a better....

How do you fall down TWO flights of stairs? Do you get up woozy, not have your bearings, walk a bit over to the next flight then fall again?

I felt all along for the past few years the Ravens were losing out on some players they wanted. In 2010, NE traded up in front of them to take Rob Gronkowski. They had that weird trade with I believe Chicago that didn't go through because the other team made a mistake and didn't call it in.

Then this year we know they wanted Hightower if the Steelers passed, but NE again moved up and stole him from them. I'm pretty sure they would have taken Nick Perry but G.B. got him right before they picked. So they moved back and took a player who could be very good, but is kind of questionable with pass coverage.

I do believe WR Tommy Streeter in the 6th could be the steal of the draft for them though.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
How do you fall down TWO flights of stairs? Do you get up woozy, not have your bearings, walk a bit over to the next flight then fall again?

I felt all along for the past few years the Ravens were losing out on some players they wanted. In 2010, NE traded up in front of them to take Rob Gronkowski. They had that weird trade with I believe Chicago that didn't go through because the other team made a mistake and didn't call it in.

Then this year we know they wanted Hightower if the Steelers passed, but NE again moved up and stole him from them. I'm pretty sure they would have taken Nick Perry but G.B. got him right before they picked. So they moved back and took a player who could be very good, but is kind of questionable with pass coverage.

I do believe WR Tommy Streeter in the 6th could be the steal of the draft for them though.
Streeter will be the Ravens Limas Sweed!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

i've seen some ESPN anaysis over the last few days rating Ozzie Newsome and team as "incredible" and that they always win in the end.........i think they've done well over the last few years although i don't think they're quite deserving their "genius" tag that i've seen over and over.
I don't mind when they get some praise over there....but when Kevin Colbert barely even gets a passing mention, it kind of bothers you as a fan.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
steelbelieve
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 21191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post

I shouldn't laugh at a guy falling down stairs, but gosh, you got me rolling with that one.
steelbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Blackout
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 20509

Tommy Streeter isn't that good, I'm glad we didn't get him.
Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
DG94
Water Boy

Member Number: 24069

I was disappointed when they got Upshaw in truth, but I can't be that let down given the rest of our draft! Not sure about Streeter, he's a tall guy who runs fast in shorts, if the Ravens can get him to manage that speed in pads he'll be a threat, until then, not so much.
DG94 is offline   Reply With Quote