Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #21
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Flacco vs Big Baby Ben

Smells like a Booby Jr sighting.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #22
AgentGold007
Starter

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensNumberOne View Post
Flacco has led game-winning drives against the Steelers in Pittsburgh TWO years in a row. Not to mention Tebow picked apart your D and he's the most inaccurate QB in football.

Flacco didnt choke in the playoffs last year, Evans and Cundiff did. He out played Brady at his own place and was a dropped TD from the SB. I really don't see how he NEVER steps up in big games (I know he doesn't all the time, but he definitely has in his career). Hell, Peyton didn't go to the SB until his 9th season and he's one of the best in the league.

Not to mention Flacco had to throw to rookies and first year starters all season after the lockout.

Do you honestly think Big Ben was the reason the Steelers won their Superbowls? He had the lowest passer rating for a winning QB in SB history and he played like shit in the last one he played in against a team that was mostly playing their backups. If he didn't have a good defense, he'd be in the same boat as Flacco.

I know Flacco had a bad season statistically this past year and that had to do with reason #2. Not an excuse, but those were top-10 defenses he was facing (in fact I think he played the most top-10 Ds in the league last year). But Flacco HAS had clutch moments (2008 playoffs against TEN, 2 games in Pittsburgh, the game in Atlanta 2 two years ago, the AFC champ. this past year (if Evans holds onto the damn ball)). He may not do it enough or consistently but he doesnt always choke.

Flacco has the most wins in NFL history for a QB in their first 4 years, but no Super Bowls. Not every team is going to have instant success with a young QB like the Pats and Steelers, and I can live with that. Like I said before, Peyton puts up good numbers all the time and only went to his first Super Bowl in his 9th season.

I keep forgetting some of you Steelers fans think you're God's ****ing gift to the world and bitch and whine when someone tells you otherwise (Don't forget your "WE GOT 6 RINGS" excuse whenever they lose). Must still be mad that Flacco "sucks" so bad yet owned your team the last 2 years.
Wow, nice to see how pathetic the failed lives of Baltimore Browns (and yes I said Baltimore browns) fans are, that you managed to pry yourself away from Joe Faggo's nut sack long enough to appear on a Steelers fan board to publicly confess your undying love for him as if we care. I know you Baltimore Brownvens fans desperately need a pat on the back from Steeler fans in order to feel better about your loser lives, but damn, I didn't know it had gotten this bad. Damn that's sad. I almost feel bad for you bro... almost. Go Steelers!
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #23
AgentGold007
Starter

Member Number: 20176
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
If he didn't have a good defense, he'd be in the same boat as Flacco...
So, in other words, you're saying Faggo never had a defense as good as the Steelers to carry him to the Superbowl? Wow thanks for admitting that the Steelers defense is good enough to help Ben get to 3 Superbowls, but Faggo's defense isn't good enough to help get him to one. Wow, Ray Ray's gonna make you turn in your pink ravens jersey for that one.
AgentGold007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #24
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Owned our team the last two years? You swept us last year but do you not remember the year before? The year that Flacco "owned" us? Let me refresh your memory, game one you barely beat us with Charlie Batch, game 2 we kicked your ass in your house, then you came up to Pittsburgh to have your year ended.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 AM   #25
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12193

Baltimore still sucks!!!
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #26
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Nobody around here fears Bert or the Ravens. I pray to GOD the Ravens give Bert Flacco a new contract. That guarantees the Ravens will never sniff a Super Bowl ever again. 2011 was MISSION: BEAT PITTSBURGH in the Charm City. What will be your magic rally cry be this season? Hairball squeezed every last ounce of blood from that Ravens team last year. Even though the Steelers were lean in 2011, they still finished with the same record as Baltimore.

2011 was your golden shot and probably that Baltimore teams last shot at winning a championship. Every thing went their way. Swept the Division, Steelers get bit by injuries, Got a Home Game, and went to the Championship game. They had New England on the ropes but in typical Cleveland Brown fashion, they choked.

You're honestly thinking the Ratbirds are going to have the same amount of success in 2012? You're sorely mistaken and reality will come to bite you and that team. The Ravens' day in the sun is over and we'll be right there to turn out the lights.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #27
RavensNumberOne
Water Boy

Member Number: 24073

Oh, OK. I see now. Only YOU GUYS can use excuses when your team loses and only your team has injured players. Last time I checked Ben and Joe don't play defense. So I guess you're saying with that video Flacco wasnt the one who choked @ NE last year then? Hell I will even admit he's been inconsistent (especially last year) but that doenst mean he doesnt have room for improvement. I sure as hell wont pray for Kyle Boller's ass to come back.

And you still wanna talk about T.J Yates having more passing yards than Flacco? He had only 12 more yards than him and had the best WR in the AFC to throw to (not to mention a lot of those yards were in garbage time anyways). He didn't turn the ball over 4 times lake Yates did, so you must have watched a different game than I did. Tebow had more passing yards and a better passer rating than Ben did, so I guess Ben sucks now, right?. Flacco had a 96 QB rating in the playoffs last year, so I don't know why you can't give him any credit for improving his play in the playoffs. But go ahead and beat your chest that your team beat a rookie QB in the AFC Champ.

Don't forget Suggs and Ngata own Ben's ass, too. I guess that's why Ben always has an excuse to not play the Ravens (even Hines called him out on missing that game in 09)

And Baltimore a mediocre team? Theyre the only team to not only reach the playoffs but win a playoff game the past 4 years. Go ahead and keep living in your fantasy world. Week 1 a fantasy, yeah I bet you wished it was....
RavensNumberOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #28
Avoid-Lloyd
Water Boy

Member Number: 18577

Isn't Ben 9-4 vs the Ravens? Isn't he 6-2 vs Faggo? So where's the argument again?
Avoid-Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #29
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Oh, OK. I see now. Only YOU GUYS can use excuses when your team loses and only your team has injured players. Last time I checked Ben and Joe don't play defense. So I guess you're saying with that video Flacco wasnt the one who choked @ NE last year then? Hell I will even admit he's been inconsistent (especially last year) but that doenst mean he doesnt have room for improvement. I sure as hell wont pray for Kyle Boller's ass to come back.

And you still wanna talk about T.J Yates having more passing yards than Flacco? He had only 12 more yards than him and had the best WR in the AFC to throw to (not to mention a lot of those yards were in garbage time anyways). He didn't turn the ball over 4 times lake Yates did, so you must have watched a different game than I did. Tebow had more passing yards and a better passer rating than Ben did, so I guess Ben sucks now, right?. Flacco had a 96 QB rating in the playoffs last year, so I don't know why you can't give him any credit for improving his play in the playoffs. But go ahead and beat your chest that your team beat a rookie QB in the AFC Champ.

Don't forget Suggs and Ngata own Ben's ass, too. I guess that's why Ben always has an excuse to not play the Ravens (even Hines called him out on missing that game in 09)

And Baltimore a mediocre team? Theyre the only team to not only reach the playoffs but win a playoff game the past 4 years. Go ahead and keep living in your fantasy world. Week 1 a fantasy, yeah I bet you wished it was....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,668 Times in 2,738 Posts
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote