Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-03-2012, 10:24 PM   #51
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,530 Times in 4,057 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Sucks for Suggs

Ravens consider themselves lucky they took Upshaw

Posted by Mike Florio on May 3, 2012

The Achilles tendon injury suffered by Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs illustrates the one NFL reality that is both inevitable and completely unknowable. Players will get hurt. We just don’t know who will be injured.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Ravens considers themselves lucky, given that the Ravens selected Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw with its first pick in the 2012 draft, after trading down from the 29th pick in round one. The Ravens could have gone in many different directions; it was pure fortuity that they opted to pick someone who plays a position of sudden and clear need.

Actually, the Ravens may have been better off to have had the injury happen after the draft. The Ravens, we’re told, would have been far less likely to trade down if Suggs had been injured before the draft. So they were instead able to trade down, get the guy they would have picked at No. 29, and picked up extra consideration for sliding back.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...y-took-upshaw/
Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #52
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,225 Times in 2,677 Posts

Quote:
Actually, the Ravens may have been better off to have had the injury happen after the draft. The Ravens, we’re told, would have been far less likely to trade down if Suggs had been injured before the draft. So they were instead able to trade down, get the guy they would have picked at No. 29, and picked up extra consideration for sliding back.
actually the ravens may have been better off if lee evans didnt drop the pass or billy cundiff didnt shank the kick, cause then they woulda been drafting #31 or #32, and still get the guy they would have picked at #29.

funny how that works.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #53
Wallace108

Member Number:

This is sad. I guess they're going to have to put ol' horse face down now. And just a few days before the Kentucky Derby.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #54
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559
Default Re: Breaking News...Suggs out for year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
meh... none of whom are going to be picking up that DPOY hardware anytime soon.

plus they are replacing jarrett johnson as well. so they have a rookie, a skull fracture going through his first career offseason workouts, and paul "nobody knows who i am kruger.

anyways t. fizzle says he's coming back and the league placed their games vs the steelers late in the season 3 weeks apart.

but if his career is over its kinda funny that will be the last image of him on the field-

[YOUTUBE]QOhJawoc5-Y[/YOUTUBE]
not to mention Lewis is another year older.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:01 AM   #55
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,732 Times in 809 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
This is sad. I guess they're going to have to put ol' horse face down now. And just a few days before the Kentucky Derby.
I lol'd so hard at this comment.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #56
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

I also don't wish injuries on any player. But he is public enemy number 1 around here. His demeanor is putrid. But I guess that comes from being a Raven. I see the Ravens regressing as they will not be able to get to Ben this year. I predict Ben will have another one of those 5 TDs in the first half games against them like he did a few years ago if Suggs is truly out for the season.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #57
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760

The Ratbird fans praised their maker when Woodley went out against the Patriots last season. He was on a "tear" before he hurt his hammy.

I have no sympathy for the Ratbirds or their fans. I think Woodley would've made a difference on that last drive in Pittsburgh. With that win we would've had the #1 seed and possibly another freaking SB. So I have ZERO f'ing sympathy for those turds.
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #58
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #59
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

phuk Suggs, I could care less.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #60
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
wow...that really sucks. If we beat Baltimore, i want to beat them at their best...with Suggs. Suggs definitely ups his game when they play us.
This will be a perfect opening for the Raven fans (if we win and he's out) to say "oh, you guys just beat us because we didn't have Suggs".
You know we'll hear that over and over and over.

Are they allowed to be playing pickup basketball games? If was a coach, i would disallow those. Nothing good ever comes out of them. This isn't the 1st injury from playing basketball off-season.
If that's not calling the Kettle Black , i dont know what is. Unreal
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote