Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #21
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,199 Times in 2,157 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Re: NFL Concussion lawsuits

If you make a business decision to hide a known risk, you take your chances. if you lie about the risk, even more so.

If the NFL and the NFLPA knowingly put forward a false report on brain injuries in order to maximize profits, what defense would you offer?

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #22
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,516 Times in 4,053 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Three more concussion lawsuits filed this week

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2012

The numbers keep growing and growing, as more and more former players are adding their names to concussion lawsuits against the NFL.

According to NFLConcussionLitigation.com, three more actions were filed this week.

One action, filed in Georgia, has only four plaintiffs: Robert Edwards, Kenneth Callicutt, Byron Ingram, and Todd Kelly. Edwards (who tore up his knee playing beach football in conjunction with the 1998 Pro Bowl, played only one full season in the NFL, with the Patriots. He returned to the NFL in 2002, rushing 20 times in 12 games with the Dolphins.

Ten more players filed Friday in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, a day after Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma sued Commissioner Roger Goodell in that same court.

Also on Friday, a dozen players filed suit in Los Angeles, including another former Patriots running back, Sam “Bam” Cunningham, along with former Redskins receiver Alvin Garrett.

The total number of lawsuits has now reached 79, with more than 2,200 former players suing the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...led-this-week/
Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #23
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Three more concussion lawsuits filed this week...

One action, filed in Georgia, has only four plaintiffs: Robert Edwards, Kenneth Callicutt, Byron Ingram, and Todd Kelly. Edwards (who tore up his knee playing beach football in conjunction with the 1998 Pro Bowl, played only one full season in the NFL, with the Patriots. He returned to the NFL in 2002, rushing 20 times in 12 games.
To the extent anyone is wondering whether these concussion lawsuits include some attorneys who are just filing away to see what sticks, consider Robert Edwards claiming he is a victim after playing one season in the NFL.

Total bull****
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #24
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,516 Times in 4,053 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Eric Dickerson joins concussion lawsuit against the NFL

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 21, 2012

Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson is the latest former superstar to sue the NFL over concussions.

Dickerson is part of a group of 15 retired players who filed a new suit against the NFL, claiming the league failed to adequately address concussions and their long-term consequences, NFLConcussionLitigation.com reports.

Others involved in this lawsuit include former AFL All-Star running back Hoyle Granger, who played in the 1960s and 1970s for the Houston Oilers and New Orleans Saints, and the estates of deceased former players David Lunceford and Ernie Stautner, both of whom were suffering from Alzheimer’s disease when they died.

Dickerson is one of the biggest names to join the concussion lawsuits to date. He led the league in rushing four times, was a six-time Pro Bowler and gained more than 13,000 total yards for the Rams, Colts, Raiders and Falcons. In retirement he’s had a number of TV jobs, including working as a sideline reporter on Monday Night Football.

More than 2,200 former players have joined a total of 80 concussion-related suits against the league.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ainst-the-nfl/
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
To the extent anyone is wondering whether these concussion lawsuits include some attorneys who are just filing away to see what sticks, consider Robert Edwards claiming he is a victim after playing one season in the NFL.

Total bull****

What's his medical diagnosis? What is the cause? If you don't know, why attack? Ignorant assumptions aren't lawyerly. If you have the facts of the case and feel that Edwards' claim lacks merit, spell it out for the class using those facts.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
What's his medical diagnosis? What is the cause? If you don't know, why attack? Ignorant assumptions aren't lawyerly. If you have the facts of the case and feel that Edwards' claim lacks merit, spell it out for the class using those facts.
My point is that suddenly hundreds of NFL players simultaneously realize they have incurred physical damages due to concussions?

Since Edwards played a hell of a lot longer at UGA (and for that matter his high school) than he did in the NFL why not add those institutions as party-defendants?
Perish the thought this might be a money grab against a wealthy pro sports league if this solicitation is an example of how these cases are being developed

Are you a former NFL player? You may be entitled to compensation.

If you or a loved one played in the NFL and feel that your long term care is being ignored Please call Attorney Bill Kyros at 1-800-934-2921 to discuss your rights. We can schedule a meeting with you and your family. Kyros Law Offices along with our partners has significant experience representing sports players with injuries, long term disability litigation, and complex plaintiff's cases throughout the country and we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Free Consultation
Complete the form on this page or call 1-800-934-2921 for a free consultation.
Your name
Your email
Phone number
Address
City, State, Zip
Are you a former NFL player with long term health concerns?

Please tell us about your case
By submitting this form, you accept our privacy policy.

http://nflheadinjurylawsuits.com/nfl...increases.html

That sure reads like an attorney who is looking for a solid case before filing suit

And thanks for calling me ignorant - I note I am not the first poster you have elected to attack personally if they disagree with your perspective.

Stay classy.t
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:46 PM   #27
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,215 Times in 2,675 Posts

Quote:

If you or a loved one played in the NFL and feel that your long term care is being ignored Please call Attorney Bill Kyros at 1-800-934-2921 to discuss your rights. We can schedule a meeting with you and your family. Kyros Law Offices along with our partners has significant experience representing sports players with injuries, long term disability litigation, and complex plaintiff's cases throughout the country and we have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
Free Consultation
Your name
Your email
Phone number
Address
City, State, Zip

:
really?

i thought you were making up a parody spoof at first.

holy mesothelioma batman!
Old 05-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #28
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
My point is that suddenly hundreds of NFL players simultaneously realize they have incurred physical damages due to concussions?

Since Edwards played a hell of a lot longer at UGA (and for that matter his high school) than he did in the NFL why not add those institutions as party-defendants?
Perish the thought this might be a money grab against a wealthy pro sports league if this solicitation is an example of how these cases are being developed

Free Consultation
Your name
Your email
Phone number
Address
City, State, Zip

That sure reads like an attorney who is looking for a solid case before filing suit

And thanks for calling me ignorant - I note I am not the first poster you have elected to attack personally if they disagree with your perspective.

Stay classy.t

This stuff is what i've been saying before and i get blasted by idiots with their heads stuck in the sand (WAY down in the sand).
Its despicable. Before too long there's going to be so many attorney's looking to leech on to ex-football players it's going to look like those "attorney's for drunk driving accidents" TV commercials.

Hell, why dont' every single ex-player who's ever played the game get an attorney and together fight for that additional "lottery ticket" of money. I just think this thing is going WAYYYYYYYYYY too far.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #29
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:

Free Consultation
Your name
Your email
Phone number
Address
City, State, Zip

Stay classy.t
Maybe they just learned that the league hid actual knowledge of the danger as is alleged. The issue is intentional misrepresentions. What's is hard about this? Sure, maybe it isn't true but don't pretend these cases are some sort of strict liability claim. We get enough of that bs from laymen. If you are a lawyer, you should understand that no on outside ever knows what the litigants know. To judge the case in either direction is garbage without those facts. And that you are ignorant of those facts is itself a fact, not being a part of either litigation team. (Note: If you are a part of the litigation then you aren't ignorant on the facts but need to turn in your license)

Old 05-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #30
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
This stuff is what i've been saying before and i get blasted by idiots with their heads stuck in the sand (WAY down in the sand).
Its despicable. Before too long there's going to be so many attorney's looking to leech on to ex-football players it's going to look like those "attorney's for drunk driving accidents" TV commercials.

Hell, why dont' every single ex-player who's ever played the game get an attorney and together fight for that additional "lottery ticket" of money. I just think this thing is going WAYYYYYYYYYY too far.

like this.......