Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-09-2012, 03:36 AM   #91
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
wow..talk about naive.... everybody knows the terrorists hate us because of our freedoms... freedoms that are slowly being stripped from us under the guise of keeping us safe... but freedoms none the less....

hey pete... google the term "operation northwoods" .
im aware of it but there was never an intent to kill thousands of americans.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:46 AM   #92
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
That's more than a little naive. We have troops all over the planet, largely unwelcome troops. Bin Laden's stated gripe from Day One was the presence of US troops in his native Saudi Arabia. We are the Empire, the occupying power, and although we might want to believe in our benign intent, they are under no obligation to do so. If we really didn't want to be hated we'd bring our troops home.
so you really think we serve no purpose having our military based across the world? thats naive. instead of thanking these troops for laying down there lives for your freedom you act as if there actions are pointless
Old 05-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #93
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I agree with Mom that the war on terror probably isn't winnable. But I don't think that means we shouldn't fight it. We'll also never stop all murders, but that doesn't mean we should stop having our police investigate threats.

Here's why we need to continue the fight:

Even if we can't win the war, we need to win these battles.
Of course threats should be investigated, it would be ridiculous not to. You can pull troops out and still do intel.

Terrorism cannot be stopped by applying force, and the main problem with this war is approach and methodology. It is an ideological war and it requires ideological solutions.

Nothing is going to change until the top leaders of Islam take a firm position against terrorism, and until some Arab nations begin to adopt more western ideals (not saying they have to be totally westernized like Japan).

Until then we are wasting time, money, and lives.

Like I said before, these guys are crazy...not stupid. They know we have bases set up all around them. Of course they're not going to try some major attack like a nuclear bomb. That would be stupid and totally defeat their purpose.

Also, the US needs to stop supporting some countries dictators, while denouncing others. It makes us look like complete assholes.

I'm in no way saying that getting out of this war (which is akin to our own 'war on drugs') would be easy. It would take some people with some serious balls to step up and do something to change the way our gov't deals with foreign policy.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #94
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
so you really think we serve no purpose having our military based across the world? thats naive. instead of thanking these troops for laying down there lives for your freedom you act as if there actions are pointless
It's not pointless. There's obviously a point to it. The Obamas and Bushes of this world know what they are doing and how to do it. It just that the point is not what we are led to believe, and it certainly has absolutely nothing to do with my freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
I agree with Mom that the war on terror probably isn't winnable. But I don't think that means we shouldn't fight it. We'll also never stop all murders, but that doesn't mean we should stop having our police investigate threats.
But theoretically the poice are actually investigating murders, and not simply responding to crime by indiscriminately shooting black folk or blowing up project buildings in Philly, Chicago or LA... oh, wait... Never mind.

Seriously though, your analogy hit the nail on the head, whether you meant it or not. Terrorism is technically a crime, not an act of war. If we believe terrorists are acting as proxies for a foreign government, then we collect the evidence and present it to the world body. Real evidence, of course, not fabricated. Thank you Colin Powell.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #95
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
im aware of it but there was never an intent to kill thousands of americans.
no the intent was to manufacture a false excuse and to put fear into the american citizens to gain their support to start a war... our history is littered with "false flag" events.
58,000 americans lost their lives over the Tonkin excuse. which former secretary of state robert Macnamara openly admitted it was a fabricated lie to expand the war in vietnam.

History of
American False Flag Operations
http://www.911review.com/articles/an...perations.html

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 05-10-2012 at 04:17 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #96
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,618 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
no the intent was to manufacture a false excuse and to put fear into the american citizens to gain their support to start a war... our history is littered with "false flag" events.
And next thing you know there'll be another attack, which gives the US excuse to put martial law into effect. I'm moving

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #97
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
everybody knows the terrorists hate us because of our freedoms....
I'm pretty sure you're being facetious by saying that, due to it being stated largely as propaganda by you know who, and because you know about Operation Northwoods.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote