Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #41
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
There is no nation called "Terror". Terrorists exist in all nations but are not representative of those nations. McVeigh was a terrorist and a U. S. citizen; so does that make the United States a terrorist nation? Of course not.
If he had brought his AMFO bomb to a foreign land and killed people there, would you agree that that nation has a right to send its military here to destroy our cities and occupy our country just because of the acts of a single person?
If McVeigh had orchestrated bombings in a foreign country that killed thousands of people, and the U.S. refused to hand him over or apprehend and prosecute him, then yes, the U.S. would be a terrorist nation because it is harboring a terrorist. And the country that he attacked would be within its right to take action against the U.S.

I disagree with your assertion that countries aren't responsible for terrorists operating within their borders. By refusing to apprehend the terrorists, they're essentially aiding and abetting their terrorist acts. If you allow a known fugitive to stay in your house, even though you yourself didn't commit the crime, you're going to be charged with harboring a fugitive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #42
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach
 
Millers the sh!t's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western MA
Posts: 1,208
Gender: Male
Member Number: 22201
Thanks: 176
Thanked 435 Times in 262 Posts
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet View Post
Dodens -

Thanks for your questions regarding what I found to be offensive. This were his tweets:

- "What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side ... "
- "I'm not convinced he was even behind the attacks we have really seen no evidence to prove it other than the gov telling us"
- "We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."
- "I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."
- "For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn in hell ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

I've got no problem with much of it - leaving judgement to God, decrying the hatred, etc. That's all fine, although perhaps ill-timed, and susceptible to being misunderstood. The bothersome parts (bolded) are where he questions whether bin Laden was responsible (bin Laden has claimed responsibility multiple times in different venues, and there's even a pre-attack video showing foreknowledge of the plot), and also the doubts about whether "a plane could take down a building demolition style." That's just plain ignorance.

Of course he has freedom of speech, but this was an incredibly painful experience for our country. The topic is too serious for an entertainer or athlete to casually display his ignorance so publicly. It's too hurtful to so many.
There have been a number of cases of plains flying into buildings. Not until 9-11 has a single building ever colapsed. Not just 1 building falling perfectly but 2. Shit don't happen. A number of Firefighters on the scene said they heard and smelt explosive going off. Building 7 also collapsed demolition style and it wasn't even touched by any airplanes. Bomb sniffing dogs normally on location at the towers were taken out of the buildings a few weeks before the event. With all the cameras and security around Washington dc u trying to tell me there ain't a single video of an airplane flying into the pentagon? You honestly think that after a number of airplanes were highjacked and used as weopons, the government wouldn't have fighter jets scrambled in the nations capitals airspace to prevent a plain crashing into the pentagon? Video (during or after) shows no evidence of a commercial jetliner crashing into the pentagon. Also the part the "jet" was crashed into was under construction during that period.

When they killed Bin Laden they "buried him at sea"? Cmon man. Absolutely no proof to American citizens that they killed Americas largest threat in history?!!!! I'm not buying that for a second.

Also because they have a guy on video saying he was responsible isn't really enough to pusuade me of all the facts and loose ends that don't match up.

The government lies big time, and don't care too much about it's citizens. Anyone who doesn't at least question them is a fool.

They invaded Iraq cause they had "weapons of mass destruction". They found absolutely nothing. Only weapons they found were the ones America armed sadam with in the first place. (including the seren gas)

I understand America has to do what it has to do to stay a superpower. But don't lie to and murder it's own citizens and Don't force policies on the world and then turn around and break your own rules at will.

Also, if terrorist really wanted to attack America they could make a point and do it every day of the week for Very cheap and very easily. It don't take 15+ years to make up a plan. Airports, seaports, power grids, water supplies, police/firestations, malls, courthouses, bridges, dams, mass transit produce and meat farms, banks, colleges the list go's on and on.....Gimmie a break. Terrorism is a scam and anyone who's afraid of it is a fool.
__________________
Mike tomlin equals one dimensional offense, and lack of fundamentals, which equals consistent losses to inferior teams, lack of discipline and injuries.
Millers the sh!t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 AM   #43
Wallace108
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Member Number:
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
There have been a number of cases of plains flying into buildings. Not until 9-11 has a single building ever colapsed. Not just 1 building falling perfectly but 2. Shit don't happen. A number of Firefighters on the scene said they heard and smelt explosive going off. Building 7 also collapsed demolition style and it wasn't even touched by any airplanes. Bomb sniffing dogs normally on location at the towers were taken out of the buildings a few weeks before the event. With all the cameras and security around Washington dc u trying to tell me there ain't a single video of an airplane flying into the pentagon? You honestly think that after a number of airplanes were highjacked and used as weopons, the government wouldn't have fighter jets scrambled in the nations capitals airspace to prevent a plain crashing into the pentagon? Video (during or after) shows no evidence of a commercial jetliner crashing into the pentagon. Also the part the "jet" was crashed into was under construction during that period.

When they killed Bin Laden they "buried him at sea"? Cmon man. Absolutely no proof to American citizens that they killed Americas largest threat in history?!!!! I'm not buying that for a second.

Also because they have a guy on video saying he was responsible isn't really enough to pusuade me of all the facts and loose ends that don't match up.

The government lies big time, and don't care too much about it's citizens. Anyone who doesn't at least question them is a fool.

They invaded Iraq cause they had "weapons of mass destruction". They found absolutely nothing. Only weapons they found were the ones America armed sadam with in the first place. (including the seren gas)

I understand America has to do what it has to do to stay a superpower. But don't lie to and murder it's own citizens and Don't force policies on the world and then turn around and break your own rules at will.

Also, if terrorist really wanted to attack America they could make a point and do it every day of the week for Very cheap and very easily. It don't take 15+ years to make up a plan. Airports, seaports, power grids, water supplies, police/firestations, malls, courthouses, bridges, dams, mass transit produce and meat farms, banks, colleges the list go's on and on.....Gimmie a break. Terrorism is a scam and anyone who's afraid of it is a fool.
Rather than trying to refute your points, let's see what Al Qaeda, including bin Laden's chief deputy and No. 2, has to say about the notion that they weren't behind 9/11 ...
--------------------------------------------------------------



Zawahri: Iran Denies Al Qaeda Credit For 9/11

By MAGGIE MICHAEL, Associated Press Writer

CAIRO, Egypt – Osama bin Laden’s chief deputy in an audiotape Tuesday accused Shiite Iran of trying to discredit the Sunni al-Qaida terror network by spreading the conspiracy theory that Israel was behind the Sept. 11 attacks…

One of the questioners asked about the theory that has circulated in the Middle East and elsewhere that Israel was behind the 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Al-Zawahri accused Hezbollah’s Al-Manar television of starting the rumor.

“The purpose of this lie is clear — (to suggest) that there are no heroes among the Sunnis who can hurt America as no else did in history. Iranian media snapped up this lie and repeated it,” he said.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/z...credit-for-911
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al-Qaeda warns Ahmadinejad to stop denying 9/11

By Damien McElroy, Foreign Affairs Correspondent

In a curious case of enemies uniting against a common foe, the Yemen-based compiler of the terrorist organisation's Inspire magazine wrote that President Ahmadinejad had appeared "ridiculous" when he questioned the origins of the attack that killed almost 3,000 people.

"The Iranian government has professed on the tongue of its president Ahmadinejad that it does not believe that al Qaeda was behind 9/11 but rather, the US government," it said. "So we may ask the question: why would Iran ascribe to such a ridiculous belief that stands in the face of all logic and evidence?"

US diplomats led a Western walkout at the UN General Assembly meeting last week during President Ahmadinejad's speech when he suggested the Osama bin Laden was killed to cover up the events of September 11.

"Would it not have been reasonable to bring to justice and openly bring to trial the main perpetrator of the incident in order to identify the elements behind the safe space provided for the invading aircraft to attack the twin World Trade Centre towers?" he said.

He had previously jointed other "doubters" on the fringes of the political spectrum in claiming the attacks were a "big fabrication".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...nying-911.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





And to keep this on topic, I believe now what I believed a year ago .... Mendy has freedom of speech and can say what he wants to say. And people like myself also have freedom of speech and can criticize him for saying what he said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #44
finesward
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 719
Member Number: 14448
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
So America itself is a terrorist country for (without reason) invading and destroying a historical country, military, economy, and soon to be religious state of Iraq.

Also the citizens that want to protect their country and way of life (for 1,000's of years) are also labeled as enemy combatants and terrorist. If someone invaded our country (with or without a valid purpose) and we protected it, we would be called patriots.

Kind of hypocritical....

Also people like Ted Kazinski, and Timothy McVeigh
Understood the greed, faults, and hipocrosy withing the US governments and grew tired of watching society, the country and the average man get dragged through the coals. That's why they did what they did. Labeled terrorist today, but would have been historical heroes if they were part of the revolt against the British government during the revolution.

Our founding fathers encouraged the citizens to keep control of their governments with fear, and not the other way around. They also encouraged uprisings and revolutions every generation to keep the government honest, and to serve the people.

They'd be disgusted with the way their vision actually turned out.
Patriots? No. Wolverines? Yes. WINNINGGGG

finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #45
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Miller: http://debunking911.com/ / http://ae911truth.info/wordpress/

You're welcome. ;) Read up.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
zsheik22
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 369
Member Number: 9466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
If either of you can highlight ANYTHING whatsoever that the GW Bush administration did in response to the USS Cole bombing, then I will concede the argument and send you a cookie. If you give terrorists a years reprieve then they'll pull something bigger than the last........case in point 9/11. Counter-terrorism was on the back burner when it should have been the first thing addressed. Come to think of it, what did W do for his first year in orifice anyways?



You do understand im not defending Bush, right? As soon as you clear up that someone telling you Clinton was a moron doesnt mean they like George W Bush the happier we will all be.


But I take you for a clinton supporter, no?


http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...sm/byron-york#


Whole lot more of nothing. The sooner you people learn that Clinton, Bush, Obama, Romney, etc etc dont care about you the better off we'll all be. Were letting these scumbags ruin our country and rape our freedoms. With that said, I still dont think they are dumb enough to have plotted the WTC attacks(There is no way they could have everyone in an operation that big keep quiet). If America ever actually found out our government did it there would be a revolution. Not the peaceful kind, either.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #47
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
Stu Pidasso's Avatar
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

There's only three things I refuse to discuss on a message board: Religion, politics, and the Great pumpkin.
Stu Pidasso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter
 
Vis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SC
Posts: 7,268
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5117
Thanks: 541
Thanked 4,181 Times in 2,151 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
There's only three things I refuse to discuss on a message board: Religion, politics, and the Great pumpkin.
How about Hitler?
__________________


All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #49
lloydwoodson
Head Coach
 
lloydwoodson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 1,537
Gender: Male
Member Number: 23495
Thanks: 708
Thanked 403 Times in 272 Posts
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Everyone should be entitled to their opinion. People should be entitled to like and dislike others based on the opinions they hold. When someone risks losing their livelihood because of their opinion something is seriously wrong. Anyone who would hire or fire someone based on their opinions or beliefs, especially opinions concerning matters of state, is a fascist. Plain and simple. You hire someone because they can get the job done. To hate Mendenhall is valid, it is an opinion, but to ask that he loses his livelihood is reprehensible. Mendenhall is a solid NFL starting running back who stays out of trouble. I personally hope he is a Steeler for a long time.
lloydwoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #50
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter
 
pete74's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,271
Member Number: 15921
Thanks: 90
Thanked 415 Times in 220 Posts
Default Re: The Mendenhall bin Laden tweets - a year later

Show me were a boeing 767 crashes into a building? It hasn't happened, sorry. Maybe a single engine Cessna but a 767 is much larger, stronger and carries alot more fuel. There is no conspiracy, Bin Laden ordered and approved the operation, the terrorists flying were well trained and they took down the buildings. Anyone saying differently needs to wake up. There is no big foot, there are no aliens in area 57 and president Bush didn't blow up the twin towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
There have been a number of cases of plains flying
into buildings. Not until 9-11 has a single building ever colapsed. Not just 1 building falling perfectly but 2. Shit don't happen. A number of Firefighters on the scene said they heard and smelt explosive going off. Building 7 also collapsed demolition style and it wasn't even touched by any airplanes. Bomb sniffing dogs normally on location at the towers were taken out of the buildings a few weeks before the event. With all the cameras and security around Washington dc u trying to tell me there ain't a single video of an airplane flying into the pentagon? You honestly think that after a number of airplanes were highjacked and used as weopons, the government wouldn't have fighter jets scrambled in the nations capitals airspace to prevent a plain crashing into the pentagon? Video (during or after) shows no evidence of a commercial jetliner crashing into the pentagon. Also the part the "jet" was crashed into was under construction during that period.

When they killed Bin Laden they "buried him at sea"? Cmon man. Absolutely no proof to American citizens that they killed Americas largest threat in history?!!!! I'm not buying that for a second.

Also because they have a guy on video saying he was responsible isn't really enough to pusuade me of all the facts and loose ends that don't match up.

The government lies big time, and don't care too much about it's citizens. Anyone who doesn't at least question them is a fool.

They invaded Iraq cause they had "weapons of mass destruction". They found absolutely nothing. Only weapons they found were the ones America armed sadam with in the first place. (including the seren gas)

I understand America has to do what it has to do to stay a superpower. But don't lie to and murder it's own citizens and Don't force policies on the world and then turn around and break your own rules at will.

Also, if terrorist really wanted to attack America they could make a point and do it every day of the week for Very cheap and very easily. It don't take 15+ years to make up a plan. Airports, seaports, power grids, water supplies, police/firestations, malls, courthouses, bridges, dams, mass transit produce and meat farms, banks, colleges the list go's on and on.....Gimmie a break. Terrorism is a scam and anyone who's afraid of it is a fool.
__________________
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts