Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,968 Times in 4,647 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default The Top Six QBs In The NFL, Ben Ranked #4

Million-dollar arms: Six top quarterbacks in NFL

By Adam Rank - NFL.com
Published: May 10, 2012

Rounding out the top 10 first:

10. Michael Vick. Injuries hurt him last year, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

9. Cam Newton. I don't want to go too overboard after one favorable rookie season, but he clearly is a top-10 quarterback in the game.

8. Matthew Stafford. We finally got a chance to see what he was capable of when he stayed healthy.

7. Peyton Manning. I almost didn't include Peyton because we just don't know what we're going to get from him this season. But he belongs on this list.

And without further ado:

6. Philip Rivers
Being the one quarterback from the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft to not have a Super Bowl must be akin to being the other guys from 'N Sync who aren't Justin Timberlake. Although, I don't believe lobbying for Norv Turner is the way to end this. That said, Rivers had a tough 2011 but he should rebound this season. Even if it's unlikely the Super Bowl drought will end.

5. Eli Manning
Giants fans will love this. Yes, last year I said the Giants should look for a quarterback of the future. In my defense, this wasn't completely outlandish considering Eli didn't make "The Top 100" list last year and he was coming off a 25-interception season. Seriously, I wasn't the only who snickered when Eli said he was elite. But Eli did lead the Giants to another Super Bowl. And while it goes against Internet code, I will admit I was wrong about Eli and he is clearly a top-five quarterback.

4. Ben Roethlisberger
Sometimes I wonder if Roethlisberger milks it a little bit by playing up his injuries (just look at the 49ers game from last year), but you can't argue with his on-field success. Roehtlisberger has continued to put up great numbers playing behind a porous offensive line and he always gives the Steelers a chance to win.

3. Tom Brady
The most impressive thing about Brady (and I'll skip the obvious Gisele joke here) is he has been able to have as much success in his career without an elite receiver. Outside of Randy Moss, nobody was an elite receiver before or after they played with Brady (and no, I don't consider Chad Ochocinco an elite receiver). And even though the Giants have had his number in recent years, he still has three Super Bowl wins and five conference championships.

2. Drew Brees
Brees also has thrived in New Orleans without an elite receiver and his numbers since coming to the Big Easy have been staggering. Brees has topped 4,000 passing yards in all six of his seasons in New Orleans. And this year he broke Dan Marino's single-season passing record, after he came oh-so-close back in 2008. The only drawback here is the Saints are dragging their feet in making him a multi-million dollar arm.

1. Aaron Rodgers
Rodgers' numbers are staggering since taking over for Brett Favre, especially last year when he broke Peyton Manning's seemingly unbreakable mark for passer rating (122.5). Seriously, the dude threw for 45 touchdowns and only six interceptions. Six! Rex Grossman could knock that out in one game (and nearly did against the Eagles last year).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...content_stream
Old 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky
Default Re: The Top Six QBs In The NFL, Ben Ranked #4

**** Brady. ***** can't throw a completion longer than 10 yards unless the guy is wide open or elite like moss. I hope the bills defense snap his legs this season. Guys way over rated.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

William gay
Old 05-11-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,117 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
**** Brady. ***** can't throw a completion longer than 10 yards unless the guy is wide open or elite like moss. I hope the bills defense snap his legs this season. Guys way over rated.
Agreed. All he does is play dink and dunk and I get sick and tired of the references to his Super Bowl "wins". The Patriots cheated and got caught red handed doing it. I love how that fact is just swept under the rug by the NFL and the media. Brady has done nothing but choke when it matters most since and yet he still remains a poster boy for the NFL.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #5
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

I won't argue about the guys they put ahead of him. I know it;s been said a couple years now, but he should be poised for a big year, provided Haley works out.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

Ben is ranked just where I thought he should be. I always think he is about the 4th best QB in the NFL.
Steelers>NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #7
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Funny that numbers 3, 4 and 5 and the ONLY QBs with multiple Super Bowl victories! And Ben and Eli are the only "Run" first offensive QBs...
Old 05-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

Playing up his injuries! The guy could barely walk last year in that San Fran game in which we got smacked, incidentally. I highly doubt he faked a limp and hurt his team's chances to win so he could look tough.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

bout the first time I have seen someone get the top ten just about right.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #10
SteelShazam
Water Boy

Member Number: 18581

I think the list is pretty solid but i would put Ben at #3 and Brady at #4. Once Ben wins another superbowl or two he will end up ranked higher than all of them.
SteelShazam is offline   Reply With Quote