Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Around the NFL: Browns window of ending misery to Steelers could be opening

Around the NFL: Browns window of ending misery to Steelers could be opening
By Steve Doerschuk
CantonRep.com staff writer

If a team builds through the draft ... If the building superintendent has a clue ...

If Tom Heckert’s three offseasons of rounding up a new roster is to bear fruit ...

It’s just about time for the Browns to catch up to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It has been time.

On Sept. 17, 2000, rookie No. 1 overall pick Courtney Brown sacked Steelers quarterback Kent Graham on the last play of the game to seal a 23-20 Browns win.

Since then, Cleveland’s record in the Pittsburgh series is 2-22.

Some things are half past pathetic — 2-22 is much worse than that.

The concept of catching up to Pittsburgh began turning into a manifestation within the last half year.

On Dec. 8 at Pittsburgh, the Browns had a first-and-goal late in the fourth quarter, trailing 7-3.

On Jan. 1 in Cleveland, they led Pittsburgh 6-3 at halftime and lost 13-9.

Defeats, yes. But this wasn’t the same as getting their ears boxed on Christmas Eve, 2006, the day no Browns fans were left to see James Harrison spike a drunken fan who staggered across the field.

(Read More:) http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x184...uld-be-opening

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

Ahhhh, hope truly does spring eternal... even in the most unlikely of places. Cleveland being one of those places. Keep on dreaming Brownie fans. There are only 3 things in life that are guaranteed.... death, taxes, and the Pittsburgh Steelers kicking the shit out of your Brownstains twice a year!

It's OK, though, Cleveland-ites. You can keep drinking that orange Kool-Aid all you want, but be warned that Mike Holmgren is your Reverend Jim Jones and he's building your "Eden" in his imagination. How do you expect to begin gaining ground on the greatest franchise in professional sports when you draft a bust for a QB every other year and allow him to be shellshocked by our dominating defense before moving on to draft the next sacrificial lamb?

Poor Browns fans. You really have to feel some pity for them considering their team actually plays in Baltimore after they couldn't keep them in town. Now they are saddled with a punch-line of a team wearing the same colors masquerading as the Browns and an NFL caliber team when they clearly aren't. It kind of reminds me of when they made the prequel to the movie "Dumb and Dumber", "Dumb and Dumberer", with the different actors playing the lead roles. Yeah, they were still dumb as bricks, but on a whole different level of stupid and much worse in entertainment value.

Well, maybe a couple more curb-stompings of monumental proportions this season by the Steelers will finally convince the Browns fans to put down the tainted Kool-Aid, admit they were wrong, and leave their suicide-cult for the greener pastures of the Cincinnati Bengals. At least they give their fans hope once every decade with a decent season and a playoff appearance before they crush their fans' souls by choking in a big game. Better to have loved and lost.......

MODS: If you need to move this to the NFL section, that's cool. I just thought since they mention catching up to the Steelers I'd put it in the Steelers section. -Buddha

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.

Last edited by Buddha Bus; 06-03-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Around the NFL: Browns window of ending misery to Steelers could be opening

If the Browns don't put a concussed Colt McCoy back in that game where he threw an INT upon his return and keep Seneca Wallace out there they more then likely beat us. That was too close for comfort against a pretty bad team. Probably one of the main reasons BA was fired.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,292 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Around the NFL: Browns window of ending misery to Steelers could be opening

The Browns are Browns and until they start beating us I am going to set back and watch us own them as usual.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

...this happens EVERY year...like clockwork.

Poor teams draft a couple of great college players and BAM!....their problems are all solved and they're on their way to nothing but success.
Then injuries happen...players don't work out...teamwork is missing...other teams (who also drafted, by the way) continue to get better....and on and on.
We hear this every year. I remember when Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow signed and the Cleveland fans were rejoicing because it wa the end of the Steelers. Then Derek Anderson had one or two good games and he was the 2nd coming of Tom Brady. And look what happened.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,335 Times in 3,986 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Old 06-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

:r ofl::rof l::
Steelers>NFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 15311

:r ofl:::ro fl:
Steelers>NFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201
My Mood: Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
If the Browns don't put a concussed Colt McCoy back in that game where he threw an INT upon his return and keep Seneca Wallace out there they more then likely beat us. That was too close for comfort against a pretty bad team. Probably one of the main reasons BA was fired.
Yeah, it took pouncey, Ben, going out of the game with injuries, plus 2 redzone fumbles by two of the most sure handed players on the team (ward, and miller) for us to have a close call.

I don't like if's/butts. A friend of mine is all about if's and butts. In his head he wins all games, flag football, poker, paintball, magic etc. if this or that would have happened. Not saying ur tht type of person, but what happened, happened and it's impossible to come to any other conclusion. I still think we would have won even with Wallace at QB.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millers the sh!t View Post
Yeah, it took pouncey, Ben, going out of the game with injuries, plus 2 redzone fumbles by two of the most sure handed players on the team (ward, and miller) for us to have a close call.

I don't like if's/butts. A friend of mine is all about if's and butts. In his head he wins all games, flag football, poker, paintball, magic etc. if this or that would have happened. Not saying ur tht type of person, but what happened, happened and it's impossible to come to any other conclusion. I still think we would have won even with Wallace at QB.
"What if the moon was your car and Jupiter was your hairbrush?"

Bonus points to whoever guesses where that quote came from.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Since the Browns have come back in 1999, they've beaten us 4 times. 4 times in 12 years, which makes them 4-20 overall against us, including 0-1 in the playoffs.

Talk to me when their somewhat relevant because "almost beating us" simply isn't enough to be recognized.