Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #121
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion! Spear Toss Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506
IF the Steelers are offering him 50 million for 5 years and he REALLY thinks he's worth more then that then he can walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
seconded
That seems like a very nice offer for what Wallace has attained so far. I wouldn't want to see him walk, but I wouldn't want the Steelers to overpay, either.

My apologies to anyone who is offended by my opinion on this internet forum.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #122
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

You might as well save yourself the trouble and put your disclaimer in your signature, no?
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:36 AM   #123
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL View Post
If this is true. Then trade him! Now you can get a 1st round pick for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
IF the Steelers are offering him 50 million for 5 years and he REALLY thinks he's worth more then that then he can walk.
That article was written by a blogger, not someone with any insight into the negotiations. To the best of my knowledge, no one knows what Wallace has asked for or what the Steelers have offered. Hopefully, there's not too big of a gap in what he wants and what they're able and willing to pay.

Last edited by Wallace108; 06-20-2012 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #124
ANDYMISIU
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13987

Wallace is only hurting himself and his teammates at this point. I'm extremely disappointed in how Wallace is handling this situation. Bottom line, he's scared. He knows Brown is going to outshine him this year and he's trying to get paid before it happens.

Wallace had 800 yds and 5 TD's in the first 8 games of last year. Wallace only had 393 yds and 3 TD's during the last 8 games of the year.

Antonio Brown had 431 yds and 1 TD in the first 8 games of last year. Brown had 677 yds and 1 TD during the last 8 games of the year.

Now, I'm not sure the Steelers are looking closely at this and asking themselves "who do we give the big contract?" but they might be.

I just think Wallace is being selfish and hurting his team at this point. He has to know there is nothing he can do.
ANDYMISIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #125
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,293 Times in 644 Posts

Ricardisimo: El-Gonzo Jackson frustrated with Wallace contract status threads

In a less than shocking revalation, Steelersfever curmudgeon El-Gonzo Jackson has become frustrated with the obsession with Mike Wallace and threads about his contract. GM Kevin Colbert has said publicly that he believes they can sign Wallace long term. Wallace has allegedly tweeted to his followers not to believe everthing they read in the media and that things are fine. Yet, many on the message boards have taken to bashing or defending Wallace.

When reached for comment, Jackson said: " I cant wait for training camp to start" and " I'm out of preparation-H and these hurt".
Old 06-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #126
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

In a less than shocking revalation, Steelersfever curmudgeon El-Gonzo Jackson has become frustrated with the obsession with Mike Wallace and threads about his contract. GM Kevin Colbert has said publicly that he believes they can sign Wallace long term. Wallace has allegedly tweeted to his followers not to believe everthing they read in the media and that things are fine. Yet, many on the message boards have taken to bashing or defending Wallace.

When reached for comment, Jackson said: " I cant wait for training camp to start" and " I'm out of preparation-H and these hurt".
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #127
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Thank you. He also tweeted that he will be with the Steelers this year (as thought there was any question of that).
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #128
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 6,702 Times in 2,909 Posts

Ike Taylor believes Mike Wallace will show up for camp

JUN24, 2012 WRITTEN BY PAUL JACKIEWICZ

Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor told the New Orleans Times-Picayune that he believes that his teammate, wide receiver Mike Wallace will show up for training camp.

“He’s going to be there (training camp),” Taylor told Albert Buford of The Times-Picayune on Saturday. “They’ll get it done. When you talk about that kind of money, it’s not an overnight type of deal. By the end of the day, I think for sure he’s going to get that thing done. Both sides are working together, so that’s a good thing.”

I don’t see Wallace staging any type of long hold out. At the end of the day if a deal doesn’t get done, he’ll sign his restricted free agent tender and show up before the regular season.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar..._camp/11080949
Hawaii 5-0 is online now   Reply With Quote