Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #21
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984
Default Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status

i said it if it wasn't for salary cap ... did you read the post ???

and let me start by saying yes i think he should just sign his tender and show up at least to mandatory workouts, because he knows that Pitt wants him long term but they just don't have the money at this moment...BUT

puppets ... of course he's not getting Fitz Money ... this is obvious ... he knows this the Steelers know this ...everybody knows this ... he said that because he wants to remain in Pitt...because anybody could of offered him a contract and Pitt wouldn't have been able to match , at least that's what I think of course everybody is entitled to their own opinion

and yes he Demanded a double team...and nobody is trying to compare him to a Fitz or the Johnson's, where ever you got that from is stupid , and i hope it's not cause his contract he said he wants, i explained what i think that was about earlier in my post ... but do you also know when they started doing that to Mike that's when the fan favorite Brown exploded right???? ... Wallace opens up the field plain and simple and that's worth more then 2.7 mill ... yes his stats went down and had some drops ... but he opens up the field for other receivers to work ...

i absolutely dare any D coordinator to not give help over top of Wallace

Brown without Wallace doesn't come close to coming on late last year like he did ... at least that's my opinion ... they compliment each other perfect and need to both be in Pitt long term

and lets not forget these are VOLUNTARY workouts ... yes I agree he should be there, but they are voluntary ...when he starts missing MANDATORY workouts that's when i'll start to worry ...
cbrunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #22
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,286 Times in 650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean95m View Post
Hey Mike don't end up like T.O and get cut by a minor league football team down the road.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh tooooooo sooooon?!
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

John Steigerwald at 12:28 this afternoon, on Wallace comparing himself to Rice or Fitzgerald, via TribLiveSports

"... he (Wallace) is full of sh!t..."
Old 05-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
He is walking a very fine line. If he doesn't get in there and learn the new "system" he will be directly impacting his ability to perform well which will limit his offers from teams if he has a poor showing this season. Seems like he should sign the damned tender get in learn the system play his @ss off this season and earn "Fitzgerald" money.
^ This * 100

Regarding Wallaces drop off the 2nd half of the season, without the benefit of knowing what play was in effect and without the benefit of the film, we don't really know how good he was doing. Ben being hurt definitely hurt the long game too, I'd imagine, and iirc Brown came alive the 2nd half. Were teams paying that much more attention to Wallace, was he a decoy more than we realize/know? Or did he just suck?

I know we are better with him than without him, and with Ben (hopefully) having more time and (just maybe) a good ground game than leads to an effective play-action, a weapon like Wallace could be even more dangerous...
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,464 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

start sanders over him already, seriously. the nfl doesn't need wallace, and the steelers don't either. i was for signing him, but now I hope he walks like plax and santonio did. I'd rather have hard workers with team-first attitudes like sanders and brown rather than drama queens

i really think ben holding on to the ball is because he's waiting for wallace to break free. take that away and he's more likely to play along with haley's offense
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #26
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

and yes he Demanded a double team...and nobody is trying to compare him to a Fitz or the Johnson's, where ever you got that from is stupid , and i hope it's not cause his contract he said he wants, i explained what i think that was about earlier in my post ...

Then please explain again, because WALLACE is the one comparing himself to Fitz and Johnson. Think before you start calling other posters "stupid".
Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #27
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
Brown without Wallace doesn't come close to coming on late last year like he did ...
Puh-lease. Brown had "playmaker" written all over him since day 1, Wallace or no Wallace. He scored a TD on his very first time touching the pigskin professionally in the NFL and hasn't stopped since that first touch.

The Steelers offense has thrived in the past before without having the fastest receiver in the NFL, and I think they can manage pretty well right now too.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #28
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Wallace should sign the tender....get his dead a** in here and start practicing the new playbook.....then if he's as good as he and his agent thinks he is, he can then test the free agent waters after the seasons over.
I agree with the post above. He's walking a very fine line and could end up contradicting himself and affecting the offers he may get after the season.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,797 Times in 6,070 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Ike Taylor Says Mike Wallace is Frustrated With Contract, Steelers

May 30, 2012
By Mike Kerns

With the Pittsburgh Steelers enduring salary cap hell this offseason that saw them have to resort to cutting several valued and well-respected players, one of the biggest stories of free agency was what they would do if a team offered Mike Wallace a contract in return for the first round tender Pittsburgh placed on him.

If a team had front-loaded a deal for the breakout wide receiver, the Steelers would have been in real trouble trying to find a way to keep him in the black and gold. Long story short, no team took such a risk. But if cornerback Ike Taylor is to be believed, Wallace would have preferred it if someone had.

While Wallace himself has been quiet for months about the status of his current contract, Taylor told radio listeners on Tuesday that there is quite a bit of frustration going on with the situation right now.

“He wants to be here. … But at the same time he wants his paper. Mike feels like he outperformed his last contract. But he’s dealing with a monster, and that’s the Pittsburgh Steelers … they are not going to let you dictate to them on how you feel. Mike is going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler for years to come. But I told him, at the end of the day: Football doesn’t need you; you need football.”

Wise words from a guy who kept his mouth shut and was rewarded by the Steelers front office for his play on the field, not his comments off of it. To be fair, Wallace has yet to make his disgruntled feelings public, so it would be wrong to call him greedy. The fact is that a lot of players outperform their rookie deals. Look at Arian Foster in Houston; he was probably the lowest paid player to his production in NFL history the past two seasons. But he handled it like a professional and he got paid. That’s what a contract agreement is.

The Steelers undoubtedly want to keep Mike Wallace in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future. Since becoming a full-time starter in 2010, he has eclipsed 2,450 receiving yards with 18 touchdowns on 132 receptions. That’s big time numbers, especially from a guy on his rookie contract. So what’s the hold up?

Reportedly, Wallace is said to be looking for “Larry Fitzgerald money.” When I hear stuff like that, it just makes me laugh. Do you know how long Larry Fitzgerald had to wait before he got Larry Fitzgerald money? You don’t just decide overnight that you deserve the same kind of coin that arguably the best receiver in the league is making after a couple of good seasons. He’s been great, but 120 million over eight years…that’s quite a stretch and you may be overvaluing yourself just a teeny tiny bit.

Wallace has until June 15 to sign his tender before the Steelers could reduce their offer to 110 percent of his $580,000 salary last year. Wallace also could hold out until Nov. 12 and still be credited with an accrued season, making him an unrestricted free agent next year. But players usually hold out until they know they might miss that first game check.

He’ll be there and he’ll be rewarded in due time. But, as much as I hate to crush your dreams, Wallace, you won’t even sniff Larry Fitzgerald type money this year.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...elers/10903826
Old 05-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #30
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,054 Times in 2,142 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Cry me a river.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote