Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Wallabeast17
Starter

Member Number: 18370
Default Warren Sapp shooting his mouth off again

I made the mistake of watching NFL Network last night. The were talking about who was the best team in the AFC. Jamie Dukes had a lot of good things to say about the team and in answering the question, said the Steelers were the best in the AFC.
Sapp took the Texans, again the defense is "kinda slow, kinda old" he goes on to say "the steelers wont make the playoffs"
Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495
Default Re: Warren Sapp shooting his mouth off again

This guy is a complete waste of skin. He must love the taste of his foot, because he continues to put it in his mouth. You would think after his remarks last year he would have learned???:
BIGNASTY91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

What a douche. How he can still reiterate that they are old and slow baffles me with all the upgrades of younger players coming in. The Steelers must have peed in his Wheaties somewhere along the line and he won't let go. Must be that Raider thing since Madden won't let it go either. Where is the Ravens are old and slow talk? That is the real truth.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

He lost ALL credibility last year to me as an analyst
Old 05-31-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

First and foremost I am a die hard Steeler fan, but I can look at Sapp's comments with some credibility. He mentioned Hines Ward looking old and slow and done and that was after the first game and he was right on.

If I was looking at the Steelers from the outside I might come to the same conclusion that we won't make the playoffs based on several things.

We had by far one of the easiest schedules in NFL history last year with several QBs that have no business being called NFL starters. This year's schedule against the AFC West and NFC East is no easy task.

We were swept by Baltimore last year.

A entire new offensive system, with a new rookie Left Tackle or Trai Essex or Jonathan Scott as backup plans and a new starting Running Back due to Mendenhall's injury. A possible holdout in Mike Wallace or at the very least a guy who is going to be behind in learning the offense when he does get here.

A defense that had 14 total takeaways last year and two safeties approaching their mid 30's, and an inside linebacker who wasn't even starting last year over Farrior. No Casey Hampton early on and no proven Left Cornerback either.

Considering we are one Troy Polamalu injury away from the defense collapsing. It is not blasphemy for Sapp to say we won't make the playoffs. It's actually the safe call for an outsider.

Now we can say Redman is better and will be fine, Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis will be better then Gay, the new offense will be better, Mike Adams will be dominate, etc, etc, etc, but it is not proven until it is done on the field.

Do I think we are better? Yes. But a guy like Sapp who does his research probably that day a couple hours before the show does not. What I dislike about Sapp is he will keep saying it until it is true then say "I told you so"

I am leery of this upcoming season but if everyone does what they can and are suppose to do they should be very competitive. There is just far too much talent on this team.

I don't like Sapp very much at all but can understand where he and others are coming from. The Steelers seem to play better when counted out and disrespected.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
Millers the sh!t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 22201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
First and foremost I am a die hard Steeler fan, but I can look at Sapp's comments with some credibility. He mentioned Hines Ward looking old and slow and done and that was after the first game and he was right on.

If I was looking at the Steelers from the outside I might come to the same conclusion that we won't make the playoffs based on several things.

We had by far one of the easiest schedules in NFL history last year with several QBs that have no business being called NFL starters. This year's schedule against the AFC West and NFC East is no easy task.

We were swept by Baltimore last year.

A entire new offensive system, with a new rookie Left Tackle or Trai Essex or Jonathan Scott as backup plans and a new starting Running Back due to Mendenhall's injury. A possible holdout in Mike Wallace or at the very least a guy who is going to be behind in learning the offense when he does get here.

A defense that had 14 total takeaways last year and two safeties approaching their mid 30's, and an inside linebacker who wasn't even starting last year over Farrior. No Casey Hampton early on and no proven Left Cornerback either.

Considering we are one Troy Polamalu injury away from the defense collapsing. It is not blasphemy for Sapp to say we won't make the playoffs. It's actually the safe call for an outsider.

Now we can say Redman is better and will be fine, Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis will be better then Gay, the new offense will be better, Mike Adams will be dominate, etc, etc, etc, but it is not proven until it is done on the field.

Do I think we are better? Yes. But a guy like Sapp who does his research probably that day a couple hours before the show does not. What I dislike about Sapp is he will keep saying it until it is true then say "I told you so"

I am leery of this upcoming season but if everyone does what they can and are suppose to do they should be very competitive. There is just far too much talent on this team.

I don't like Sapp very much at all but can understand where he and others are coming from. The Steelers seem to play better when counted out and disrespected.
I think the patriots had the worlds easiest schedule last year. They only played 2 teams with winning records and lost them both.

And if u look this year, I think they have the second most easiest schedule. It always works out for them that way.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Glad to hear Jamie Dukes defending the Steelers. He is one of the few out there that does. Schedules mean nothing. Teams that were good last year will suck this year and vice versa. The Steelers are always competetive. Even after getting thoroughly humiliated in the opener last year they still finished 12-4. Whether the schedule was easy or not, good teams win despite the schedule.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNASTY91 View Post
This guy is a complete waste of skin. He must love the taste of his foot, because he continues to put it in his mouth. You would think after his remarks last year he would have learned???:
And THAT is a lot of skin!

Like I've said before, if last year's D was "old and slow" I'll take it every year. Someone should ask him about that comment the next time he says that...
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,849 Times in 2,102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
What a douche. How he can still reiterate that they are old and slow baffles me with all the upgrades of younger players coming in. The Steelers must have peed in his Wheaties somewhere along the line and he won't let go. Must be that Raider thing since Madden won't let it go either. Where is the Ravens are old and slow talk? That is the real truth.
in 2002 i believe it was lee flowers who called sapp and the bucs "paper champions" before their reg season game. this was cause they always made the playoffs only to fizzle and immediately get knocked out, had the best defense, were all bark and no bite, and always preseason favorites to win it all.

steelers went out and punched them in the mouth and handed them their ass. ironically the bucs finally won it all that year.

sapp skipped like a little girl through the steelers warm ups before that game and almost got his ass kicked. he admittedly has hated them ever since.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:10 PM   #10
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Texans are a fair pick by Sapp but they have their own holes too. Losing Mario Williams is a big loss. And if I recall outside of Johnson at receiver there are questions too. Plus they have to repeat as division champs with a division champ's schedule. Sapp said last year old, slow, and it's over for the Steelers. Not so fast, Warren, not so fast. I think there's a great possibility that this year's team will be better than last years.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote