Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,532 Times in 2,347 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Warren Sapp shooting his mouth off again

sapp doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he proved that last year. if it weren't for ben's injured ankle we would have had a shot to win it all.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,042 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
in 2002 i believe it was lee flowers who called sapp and the bucs "paper champions" before their reg season game. this was cause they always made the playoffs only to fizzle and immediately get knocked out, had the best defense, were all bark and no bite, and always preseason favorites to win it all.

steelers went out and punched them in the mouth and handed them their ass. ironically the bucs finally won it all that year.

sapp skipped like a little girl through the steelers warm ups before that game and almost got his ass kicked. he admittedly has hated them ever since.
That and Faneca used to practically own him like a Armani suit. Faneca ruined Sapp everytime they played, Sapp couldnt do shit against him.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
That and Faneca used to practically own him like a Armani suit. Faneca ruined Sapp everytime they played, Sapp couldnt do shit against him.
excellent point. faneca owned just about everybody. its just sapp thought he owned everybody and couldnt handle getting shut down.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,417 Times in 4,018 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Warren Sapp is a fat, loud-mouthed idiot who doesn't even know how to run his own life (filing personal bankruptcy due to unpaid income taxes and child support, getting arrested for domestic battery). I'm not interested in anything he has to say, especially when it comes to criticising others...

Old 05-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
has there EVER been a more aptly-named person or player than this doosh-nozzle?
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #16
Steeldude
Living Legend

I like how if someone compliments the Steelers they are great or know what they are talking about, but if they something negative they are losers who know nothing...lol. Who cares what Sapps says? Dukes and Sapp are both morons on their best day. If I had to choose between who I would rather listen to on TV it would be Sapp over Dukes by a mile
Old 05-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
I like how if someone compliments the Steelers they are great or know what they are talking about, but if they something negative they are losers who know nothing...lol. Who cares what Sapps says? Dukes and Sapp are both morons on their best day. If I had to choose between who I would rather listen to on TV it would be Sapp over Dukes by a mile
Your kidding?......Sapp over Dukes?.... Jamie Dukes is way more football savy than Sapp any day.... Freaking Sapp with his lips fumbling and stuttering, not to mention he never brings much knowledge to the discussion.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #18
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
First and foremost I am a die hard Steeler fan, but I can look at Sapp's comments with some credibility. He mentioned Hines Ward looking old and slow and done and that was after the first game and he was right on.

If I was looking at the Steelers from the outside I might come to the same conclusion that we won't make the playoffs based on several things.

We had by far one of the easiest schedules in NFL history last year with several QBs that have no business being called NFL starters. This year's schedule against the AFC West and NFC East is no easy task.

We were swept by Baltimore last year.

A entire new offensive system, with a new rookie Left Tackle or Trai Essex or Jonathan Scott as backup plans and a new starting Running Back due to Mendenhall's injury. A possible holdout in Mike Wallace or at the very least a guy who is going to be behind in learning the offense when he does get here.

A defense that had 14 total takeaways last year and two safeties approaching their mid 30's, and an inside linebacker who wasn't even starting last year over Farrior. No Casey Hampton early on and no proven Left Cornerback either.

Considering we are one Troy Polamalu injury away from the defense collapsing. It is not blasphemy for Sapp to say we won't make the playoffs. It's actually the safe call for an outsider.

Now we can say Redman is better and will be fine, Cortez Allen and Keenan Lewis will be better then Gay, the new offense will be better, Mike Adams will be dominate, etc, etc, etc, but it is not proven until it is done on the field.

Do I think we are better? Yes. But a guy like Sapp who does his research probably that day a couple hours before the show does not. What I dislike about Sapp is he will keep saying it until it is true then say "I told you so"

I am leery of this upcoming season but if everyone does what they can and are suppose to do they should be very competitive. There is just far too much talent on this team.

I don't like Sapp very much at all but can understand where he and others are coming from. The Steelers seem to play better when counted out and disrespected.

While i think thats true for the most part, i think the reason most people are fired up from Sapp's comments is that if you make those comments about Pittsburgh...you have to make them about Baltimore too...c'mon....he's not being a fair analyst.
He's always had it out for Pittsburgh. Ever since he became a commentator, he's shot them down every chance he can get, almost to a comical point.
With Baltimore, you have Suggs out for who knows how long....Reed and Lewis are both getting way up there in age, and they have a few other holes on D. But yet its funny, no one's stepping up like they should can calling THEM "old" or "slower".. These guys will call Troy out for getting "older"...but they can't say the same about Reed? Or Lewis? Give me a break.....

I have NO idea, zero clue, how Sapp still has a job.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:09 PM   #19
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Sapp is calling the Steelers "old and slow" again? Cool! Looks like we're going at least 12-4 and getting in the playoffs again!

My prediction for Warren Sapp's season this year:

1) Still retired.
2) Still fat.
3) Still stupid.
4)

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Sapp is calling the Steelers "old and slow" again? Cool! Looks like we're going at least 12-4 and getting in the playoffs again!

My prediction for Warren Sapp's season this year:

1) Still retired.
2) Still fat.
3) Still stupid.
4)
Vegas has us @ 14-2....but what do they know....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote