Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
Default Re: Future RFA Antonio Brown Plans On Taking Different Path Than Mike Wallace

Keep Brown by dumping J. Scott and Will Allen? - good plan to me! Make it happen. Keep one impact player over a tackle with wheels on his feet and a special teams guy - I like Allen for depth - but need a starter of Brown's quality more.
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148
Default Re: Future RFA Antonio Brown Plans On Taking Different Path Than Mike Wallace

Wallace could learn a little humility amongst other things from Brown.
I'm with most on this.......let Wallace go after this season sign Brown and Sanders long term now.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #13
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Or have all 3 signed long-term entering the 2014 season. It's far from impossible.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
FrancoLambert
Head Coach

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,504 Times in 788 Posts
My Mood: Hot

Brown + Sanders > Wallace and his shitty attitude.
Lock them up even if it means letting him go.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,529 Times in 4,056 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Antonio Brown paying close attention to Mike Wallace’s situation

Posted by Josh Alper on June 1, 2012

One of the reasons cited for the Steelers’ reluctance to give a long-term contract to Mike Wallace is that they will be dealing with two more restricted free agent wide receivers next season.

Both Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders are entering the final year of their rookie deals and the Steelers are being careful about any message their dealings with Wallace will send to the other two receivers. Based on what Brown told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the team is right to be mindful of what he and Sanders will pick up from this offseason’s impasse with Wallace.

“It’s definitely a learning process for me, being that I could be faced with the same circumstances next year,” said Brown. “I tend to learn from it, take notes.”

This should be the last time the Steelers have to deal with these kinds of situations. The CBA mandates that players drafted after the first round receive four-year contracts, something that Pittsburgh chose not to give to Wallace, Brown or Sanders when they drafted them. That allowed them to avoid paying larger signing bonuses, but they likely wound up costing themselves more money on the back end.

The good news for the Steelers is that, as of now, Brown says he won’t follow Wallace’s lead and skip out on offseason work next year. It’s a bit premature to pop any corks in celebration of that news, especially if something should develop that makes Brown rethink his plans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ces-situation/
Old 06-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #16
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

I usually don't try and put words in people's mouths (ex. what everybody is doing to Ben right now).....but what i'm reading between the lines here is that Brown is knowing that, as long as he's healthy this year, he's going to have the opportunity at a GIGANTIC payday next year, and his watching how the Wallace thing plays out.

Both are going to get giant, crazy sums of money. I still don't see us paying both of them Mega-Millions type of numbers. That just ain't going to happen.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #17
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

I see the Brown - Wallace thing a little similar to the Hines Ward - Plaxico Burress thing a few years back. Burress was the big play guy and Ward the Clutch reliable guy. Brown would also not command the same outrageous money Wallace would. History should probably repeat itself again and we will see Brown stick for a modest by today's standards type of long term deal.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #18
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,529 Times in 4,056 Posts
My Mood: Cool

No pressure on Brown

June 4, 2012
Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

Wide receiver Antonio Brown was voted the Steelers MVP last season, but said winning that honor hasn’t put any more pressure on him this year.

“I wouldn’t say pressure,” said Brown, who has been at the team’s practice facility since voluntary workouts began on April 16. “Every year you want to study tape, study yourself and get better from it. All I want to do is get better from last year and do more than I did last year.

“I just have to work within myself to be better. I just have to take care of my game.”

Brown, who finished the 2011 season with 69 receptions for 1,108 yards and two touchdowns, knows that this offseason is pivotal with new offensive coordinator Todd Haley and that OTAs are more valuable than ever this year.

“It’s going to be key for us guys to get in and start studying so we can get on the same page and talk the same language,” said Brown. “It’s going to be special. Guys are here now working out to get the ball rolling. We have to build off it as we head to training camp.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...b-d02ce3a86dc7
Old 06-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #19
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Nice thread Steelers have a real problem in how to keep them all and they better keep two
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #20
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Steelers, Ravens have 'matchup-busters'
By Jamison Hensley

When it comes to the wide receivers who play their best against the best, the Pittsburgh Steelers are at the top of the class in the division and perhaps the league. However, ESPN Insider K.C. Joyner adds the Ravens' wide receivers into that mix as well.

The starters for both the Steelers and the Ravens rank in the top 12 of Joyner's "matchup-busting" wide receivers, which is based on the best yards-per-attempt average against the defensive backs he rates as the best in the league.

You'll need a subscription to view the entire Insider piece , but here's a portion of what Joyner had to say about the receivers in the division:

Mike Wallace, Steelers (10.2 yards per attempt against top cornerbacks): If you're wondering whether Wallace is worth a huge contract, look no further than this metric.

Antonio Brown, Steelers (9.5 YPA): It will be difficult for the Steelers to keep both Brown and Wallace, but they would retain possibly the best matchup-buster wide receiver tandem in the NFL.

Anquan Boldin, Ravens (9.1 YPA): Boldin has struggled in this metric in past years, so his showing here indicates he stepped up his game last season.

Torrey Smith, Ravens (8.7 YPA): The AFC North has a reputation for being a run-first division but the combination of Smith, Boldin, Wallace and Brown gives this division a compelling argument for having the best group of matchup-buster wide receivers of any division in the NFL.

The Bengals' A.J. Green surprisingly didn't make the cut. His 7.7 YPA put him in the honorable mention category.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote