Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 06-25-2012, 03:17 AM   #31
Sean95m
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18937
Default Re: Ben on NFL Network today

The thing to think about is Ben got "his style of play" from lack of a line! He hasn't had a good O Line since he was young and learning the system. Now that it is finally getting some love the sacks should go down.
Sean95m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #32
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean95m View Post
The thing to think about is Ben got "his style of play" from lack of a line! He hasn't had a good O Line since he was young and learning the system. Now that it is finally getting some love the sacks should go down.
Ben played like that in college too though. My wife is a Miami Alumni and we live near Oxford, so I spent a number of Saturdays watching him. One game against Marshall, in a crazy wind stands out: some LB or DL came leeping in at him, he just kinda calmly tossed the guy to the side and launched a strike... I called my dad after that game telling him the Steelers needed to draft this Roethlisberger kid. My dad was like a "Rothless-what?"

Anyhow, I agree with you about the sacks going down and that he won't vacate a good pocket, but it's always been in his nature to try to make a play when it gets all wooly and stuff... And I love that about him...
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #33
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,406 Times in 4,445 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

NFL's 10 Biggest Jerks: Wideouts rule, but plenty of nasty to go around

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider
June 24, 2012

Nos. 10-9: (tie) San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz: This is a tough one. Went to high school with Schwartz. Love him. Excellent coach, but his overreaction to a hard handshake from Harbaugh is a classic jerk reaction from a guy with a serious sideline temper.

Harbaugh is arrogant and just as sideline-angered as Schwartz, and his story about how the 49ers didn't really pursue Peyton Manning is actually hilarious. That's like saying you look at Rihanna and appreciate her eyes.

No. 8: Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler: If ever there was a jerk face prototype, it would be Cutler. Plays the part well with the best smirk in the NFL. His defenders say he's not so jerkish -- that his reactions are more because he despises the media. Yes, jerks are always misunderstood. I actually believe Cutler is maturing and one day will break free of his jerk chains, but for the moment, there's this NSFW moment.

No. 7: New York Jets defensive back Antonio Cromartie: Now has an amazing 12 kids: four from his wife and eight others with seven different women. Let that marinate and we will move on. (But first: that's a starting offense with a backup quarterback.)

There is a not-so-funny message here. It is impossible for a man to be a good father to his children in this kind of situation unless Cromartie has cloned himself. Thus the repercussions of jerkdom aren't just about football. They can be far more reaching.

No. 6: Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson: Benched in fourth quarter of a game last year. Benched for missing team meeting. Celebrates before scoring. More than once. Mad talented, crazy fast, super smart and a jerk.

This will be an interesting situation to watch. The Eagles just rewarded Jackson with a long-term deal. Historically, jerks don't handle this kind of thing well. Jerks are to fat contracts what a Kardashian is to ... oh, never mind. Jackson also is now the CEO of a rap label called Jaccpot Records. Nothing wrong with that. The problem, as always with a situation like this, is money. Someone has to fund this venture and it will probably be Jackson. Athletes funding their own business ventures never go wrong, right? And speaking of broke jerks.

No. 5: Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall: You may notice this list is strong at wide receiver. Jerk has apparently spread to the position and locked on like a Borg tractor beam. In some ways Marshall exemplifies this phenomenon. Multiple accusations of woman beating but no convictions. One of the most talented wide receivers in football who was run out of Denver, run out of Miami and, if his jerk chromosomes kick in again (and they will), he'll be gone from Chicago in the near future, too.

No. 4: Special Brett Favre dispensation for Terrell Owens: T.O. checks in here, which is technically a violation of the jerk charter since Owens, you know, isn't currently in the NFL. He's been booted from the NFL, IFL, USFL, CFL, AFL, the AFL-CIO. UFOs and IPOs don't want him either. Owens is a lifetime jerk award winner, future Hall of Famer (should be at least) who was nasty, petulant and turbulent. His jerkiness is so pervasive that despite having some ability remaining no one will touch him. People fear catching jerk cooties. Love me some jerk.

No. 3: New Orleans Saints: A collective award. And who knows if they even did what they're accused of doing. If they're guilty, they belong in this spot. If they're innocent, then this is where Ndamukong Suh , leg stomper, dirty player, shall go. So ordered.

No. 2: Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger: Two sexual assault allegations (no convictions) but a four-game suspension for violation of the NFL's personal conduct policy. A well-earned jerk ranking.

No. 1: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick: This question was put to Twitter: does Vick deserve to be forgiven for what were atrocities against defenseless animals? Hundreds of responses came in and it was overwhelming there are still a great many people who haven't forgiven Vick for actions of his own making.

But that is the question: When is Vick allowed to move on? When is that threshold from criminal to forgiven criminal crossed? To some, it already has. But to many, like me, though it's clear that Vick has changed, the crime was so disgraceful, more time is still needed to make sure the change I've seen in him is not an act but permanent. There's almost a simple formula here to follow. The worse the crime, the more time it takes for the re-evaluation.

This is an arrogant approach for me and others, particularly since everyone judging Vick has made their own errors. But there are mistakes and then there are mistakes. For Vick, it will still take more time.

A few honorable mentions: James Harrison, Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth (pled guilty to DUI manslaughter), Ray Lewis, O.J. Simpson (eternal nominee, Mount Jerkmore candidate), and no jerk list would be complete without Pacman Jones.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...y-to-go-around
Old 06-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #34
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,682 Times in 1,650 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Are people getting paid to write this shit? Cromartie may have a lot of kids, but is he really a jerk? Vick and Ben both made stupid, young mistakes, but I can name people who should be WAY ahead of them both on this list. If anything this list should be renamed Top Ten Screw-Up's...

Where the hell is Cortland Finnegan? That guy's the biggest arrogant idiot in the game?? I think a lot of the players in his honorable mentions should have been in the main list.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #35
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

I'm really beginning to dislike this idiot; after your boss brings you in and talks to you after you requested to speak with him; after he informs you that you need to tweak your game; and most of all, going public with a stupid comment like that? Sounds to me he's just plain arrogant. I wouldn't be suprise to see this guy end up getting hurt, seriously hurt. The guy is hard headed! A hard head always brings about a soft A$$. If the Steelers don't go deep in the playoffs this year, it will be because of number 7 refusing to buy into the new system.
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #36
Steel95
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
Are people getting paid to write this shit? Cromartie may have a lot of kids, but is he really a jerk? Vick and Ben both made stupid, young mistakes, but I can name people who should be WAY ahead of them both on this list. If anything this list should be renamed Top Ten Screw-Up's...

Where the hell is Cortland Finnegan? That guy's the biggest arrogant idiot in the game?? I think a lot of the players in his honorable mentions should have been in the main list.
I could care less about any of those idiots! Lets stick with the Black N Gold!
Steel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #37
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,105 Times in 8,070 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Why is James Harrison even mentioned!?! He just plays tough. Are they going to say the same thing about Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Deacon Jones, Earl Campbell, Greg Lloyd, Lester Hayes...and all of the other "tough" players??? So dumb.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #38
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Why is James Harrison even mentioned!?! He just plays tough. Are they going to say the same thing about Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Deacon Jones, Earl Campbell, Greg Lloyd, Lester Hayes...and all of the other "tough" players??? So dumb.
Well, he did smack his baby-momma once.
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #39
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,105 Times in 8,070 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Well, he did smack his baby-momma once.
Oh yeah...

Regardless, if that was the criterion being used, then, alas, 99% of the NFL players would be guilty. [It is truly shocking, the number of domestic violence cases (reported & unreported) in the NFL.]
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote