Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Fans United

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default What is it like to be around Steeler fans all the time???

It seems very strange to me that many of you have Steelers fans that are next door too you or the guy that works with you. Being so far away you run into very few other Steeler fans if I see a dude with a Steeler ball cap on I stop and talk for a bit but we are very few around here. I guess I was thinking of what it is going to be like in Pittsburgh when I come to the game. Sorry to just throw this out but I would love to hear how it is to be in the middle of a bunch of fans instead of by yourself. The only thing that ever happened to me was the dallas game a few years ago there must have been 15000 Steeler fans there.

Ok I am weird

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: What is it like to be around Steeler fans all the time???

Arkie my fellow Steelers bro its great being around Steelers all the time. Now I was born and raised in Indiana. But my mom and dad were born around Pittsburgh. In the late 1970's my parents moved to Indiana and alot of my mom's family as well. So growing up I always had my family around me as Steelers fans. Plus there is a good number of Steelers fans in Indiana in general. Its common for me to be at the bar and someone comes in with a Steelers hat on.

But I also did live in Pittsburgh for year and during the 1997 season. It was great being in Pittsburgh during a Steelers season. The Steelers Nation is the best and I have much love for you all.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

It has to be much better than being around a bunch of scubs (bucs) fans. For whatever reason I get told regularly that I should switch my allegiance to the bucs because I now live in the Tampa area.

I ask them if they were to move to another city, would they support the team in that area and they most always say, "YES!" Then I give them, see no loyalty speech and that ends the conversation (thank God).

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
pittfansam
Water Boy

Member Number: 2597

I live in Atlanta, where there are tons of die-hard Steelers fans. I have never lived in Pittsburgh, but I along with my much of my extended family, who live all across the country (Miami, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Baltimore and some still in Pittsburgh), are giant Steelers fans. In my neighborhood this past year, 20 people who are Steelers fans gathered and had a bonfire party the night of the Super Bowl, and when I went to my school during the weeks before the Super Bowl, a dozen people wore jerseys or brought Terrible Towels. Where I live, there are several Steelers bars where maybe 50 to 100 people will gather for every game, whether its a winning season or not. In 1996, the last time the Steelers came to Atlanta, the Georgia Dome was probably half-filled with Steelers fans. However, there are tons of people who claim to be Falcons "die-hards." However, as has been said in other posts, these people would probably never root for the Falcons if they moved. Around the country, I have seen Mike Vick jerseys, but when I ask them if they are Falcons fans, they say they just like the shirt. People tell me I should change to become a Falcons fan, but I tell them that the Steelers have always been my team, and the Falcons are lame and their fans are nowhere close to as crazy.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

It's a beautiful thing. "That's all I gotta say about that".

Heinz Field on a Sunday home game is excellent.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

growing up I never thought about it because seeing people wearing Steelers hats/shirts/etc all through the year is so common that I don't bat an eye. but when I stop to think about it, it's pretty amazing
melroseplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

I am fortunate; I get a lot here in Indiana. I meet Steelers fans once or twice a week. Just met one yesterday. Also at my part time job, working at Lifetime Fitness, I work with 5 other Steelers fans and there are many members who are fans. Plus we have our own bar that draws over 100 on a Sunday. I do need to get to the Burgh more often though
Old 07-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

Im in Titan land, and I get the same crap speeches about changing my allegiance LOL NEVER gonna happen. I don't even root for the Titans when theyre not playing the Steelers.

You see Steelers fans here more often than you would think, b/c a lot of people followed them before there was a team here.

And, every game day, theres a bar I go to where we just take it over LOL Theres always a big group of us there!

Aww man, now Im home sick for the bar on gameday!!! :-)
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #9
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

It's great because you live it every single day. It's a way of life in western Pennsylvania. I'm not sure a day ever goes by when I don't talk to someone about something regarding the Steelers. It just IS...(lol).
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #10
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersGirlTN7
Im in Titan land, and I get the same crap speeches about changing my allegiance LOL NEVER gonna happen. I don't even root for the Titans when theyre not playing the Steelers.

You see Steelers fans here more often than you would think, b/c a lot of people followed them before there was a team here.

And, every game day, theres a bar I go to where we just take it over LOL Theres always a big group of us there!

Aww man, now Im home sick for the bar on gameday!!! :-)
If you change your allegiance to the Titans, I'll kick your butt...(lol)! But I know that won't happen.

Hang in there, girlie. The season is right around the corner.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote