Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
cbalke
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2602
Default Re: MEET GREG LLOYD!!!

already have. :)

cbalke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 AM   #12
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Member Number: 2675

Listen, we respect everyone's view and opinions on Greg's past. Honestly, I agree and disapprove of some of the things he did too. I remember when all this happened and he was my favorite player of all time. But knowing who is he now and the life that he and his wife/family have established weighs heavy in our decision to bring him. We arent nominating him for man of the year, just honoring him for his contributions to the Steelers. Greg hit some rocky roads in life and made some mistakes. But where my respect comes is when I see how they have worked through the hard time and have become better people because of it. I doubt there would be much respect for ANYONE in the world if you analyzed their past with a fine tooth comb. But we learn from our past and move on. Greg and his family have, why cant you all? If you truly feel this way towards Greg then we completely respect your view on this and understand why you would decide not to attend, totally cool. But if it is only to be popular funny guy/girl on the message board, we will humbly request that you not let that reflect on the outcome or success of what we are trying to accomplish.

SCMafia have been given the opportunity to bring players to towns that otherwise would never get to meet the players they grew up with and looked up to, shake thier hands and thank them for thier contibution to the black and gold. Greg Lloyd in Parkersburg is just the first of many players and other events we have planned. We hope to gain all of your support if not for this particular even, then for what we are trying to bring to the Steeler masses. Hope this helps shed light on things
Steel City Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:57 AM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit
I recall reading about one of his famous tee shirts embroided with the quote, "White men aren't real".
Very classy.....
Old 07-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,877 Times in 4,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel City Mafia
Listen, we respect everyone's view and opinions on Greg's past. Honestly, I agree and disapprove of some of the things he did too. I remember when all this happened and he was my favorite player of all time. But knowing who is he now and the life that he and his wife/family have established weighs heavy in our decision to bring him. We arent nominating him for man of the year, just honoring him for his contributions to the Steelers. Greg hit some rocky roads in life and made some mistakes. But where my respect comes is when I see how they have worked through the hard time and have become better people because of it. I doubt there would be much respect for ANYONE in the world if you analyzed their past with a fine tooth comb. But we learn from our past and move on. Greg and his family have, why cant you all? If you truly feel this way towards Greg then we completely respect your view on this and understand why you would decide not to attend, totally cool. But if it is only to be popular funny guy/girl on the message board, we will humbly request that you not let that reflect on the outcome or success of what we are trying to accomplish.

SCMafia have been given the opportunity to bring players to towns that otherwise would never get to meet the players they grew up with and looked up to, shake thier hands and thank them for thier contibution to the black and gold. Greg Lloyd in Parkersburg is just the first of many players and other events we have planned. We hope to gain all of your support if not for this particular even, then for what we are trying to bring to the Steeler masses. Hope this helps shed light on things
lloyd was always my favorite from the early cowher era. seems like he dropped off the map after his football career. good to see him and his family are doing well and still doing things like this for the steelerfans out there. good luck with the event.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #15
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
lloyd was always my favorite from the early cowher era. seems like he dropped off the map after his football career. good to see him and his family are doing well and still doing things like this for the steelerfans out there. good luck with the event.
Thanks for the support Tony
Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel City Mafia

I was just pulling your leg, SteelCityMafia. We've all made mistakes in our lives and hopefully have learned from them and have grown as human beings, much as you describe Greg Lloyd and his family. I admired him as a player and appreciate all of his contributions as well as those by other former Steelers players, no matter what they have done in their personal lives. There is only one perfect being and it isn't any of us earth dwellers. Thanks for letting us know about the event and good luck! Please keep us posted on future events - much appreciated.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:47 AM   #17
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Talking Re: MEET GREG LLOYD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
I was just pulling your leg, SteelCityMafia. We've all made mistakes in our lives and hopefully have learned from them and have grown as human beings, much as you describe Greg Lloyd and his family. I admired him as a player and appreciate all of his contributions as well as those by other former Steelers players, no matter what they have done in their personal lives. There is only one perfect being and it isn't any of us earth dwellers. Thanks for letting us know about the event and good luck! Please keep us posted on future events - much appreciated.
We'll do, thanks for the good luck wishes
Old 07-27-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Well wait a minute. I was a big fan of Greg Lloyd's when I was growing up. But I'm sorry I just don't like hearing stuff like what Greg did to his son. True it is very important to do well in school and get a good education. But putting a gun in his mouth is totally wrong and sickening. Two things I don't like is violence toward women and little kids. Plus what I have heard and read over the years is that Greg is just a complete jerk.

Well good luck with your event. But I have no respect for Greg Lloyd. He was a great football player and I loved the way he played the game. But as a human being I think he has some serious issues.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Smile Re: MEET GREG LLOYD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Well wait a minute. I was a big fan of Greg Lloyd's when I was growing up. But I'm sorry I just don't like hearing stuff like what Greg did to his son. True it is very important to do well in school and get a good education. But putting a gun in his mouth is totally wrong and sickening. Two things I don't like is violence toward women and little kids. Plus what I have heard and read over the years is that Greg is just a complete jerk.

Well good luck with your event. But I have no respect for Greg Lloyd. He was a great football player and I loved the way he played the game. But as a human being I think he has some serious issues.

Again, I agree 100% about what he did was completely wrong. The guy hit a really rough patch after he was forced to retire and got to drinking for a while there from what I understand and THAT was the main root of the problem. Doesn?t excuse anything, but makes a little more sense when examined beyond what a columnist will tell you. They had their share of problems and handled them accordingly. Whether you choose to forgive or not is on you but when someone acknowledges wrong doing and works to become a better person, I believe gives reason to forgive and move on. As I stated earlier, if Greg still lived this way, I would have a problem working with him, but I am a person that is able to move past when a person asks forgiveness. Greg?s wife is the one that does his bookings for him and is a pleasure to be with. As for his son, well, see for yourself...

East Ridge DE/LB Greg Lloyd Jr. is starting to make his own path of destruction as the word is starting to get out about the talented 6-foot-3, 215 pound senior. Some schools that are recruiting for him heavily are Pittsburgh, SC, Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc... Beyond what you read or hear, Greg must have done SOMTHING right.

We appreciate your comments. If this WASNT a concern for people, I'd wonder about where this world was going, so it?s totally understandable. Just know there is plenty behind the scenes that goes on that we don?t know about and doesn?t make for shock value in news articles

By the way, he's anything BUT a jerk. Although I always though of him as a badass and then when I first met him he was surprisingly kind. Kind of ruined the bad-boy persona in my eyes. Again, cant believe everything you hear.

Thanks for the good luck, maybe we'll see you at the next event when we find a Steeler with NO SKELETONS, this may take a while to find (haha)
Old 07-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #20
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Thats cool that his son his playing football and has a very good shot at the NFL like his dad. Well if Mr. Lloyd has gotten his life together then I wish him well. Thats good to hear. Plus you met him and he was kind to you. Thats very cool. I will be watching his son in college and rooting for him. Maybe the Steelers draft Greg Lloyd Jr. Now that would be cool.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote