Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #21
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Member Number: 2675
Default Re: MEET GREG LLOYD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32
Thats cool that his son his playing football and has a very good shot at the NFL like his dad. Well if Mr. Lloyd has gotten his life together then I wish him well. Thats good to hear. Plus you met him and he was kind to you. Thats very cool. I will be watching his son in college and rooting for him. Maybe the Steelers draft Greg Lloyd Jr. Now that would be cool.
No doubt!! That would be swell to see the family legacy live on in Pittsburgh. Pleasure talking with you bro.
Steel City Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:44 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,799 Times in 4,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel City Mafia
Again, I agree 100% about what he did was completely wrong. The guy hit a really rough patch after he was forced to retire and got to drinking for a while there from what I understand and THAT was the main root of the problem. Doesn?t excuse anything, but makes a little more sense when examined beyond what a columnist will tell you. They had their share of problems and handled them accordingly. Whether you choose to forgive or not is on you but when someone acknowledges wrong doing and works to become a better person, I believe gives reason to forgive and move on. As I stated earlier, if Greg still lived this way, I would have a problem working with him, but I am a person that is able to move past when a person asks forgiveness. Greg?s wife is the one that does his bookings for him and is a pleasure to be with. As for his son, well, see for yourself...

East Ridge DE/LB Greg Lloyd Jr. is starting to make his own path of destruction as the word is starting to get out about the talented 6-foot-3, 215 pound senior. Some schools that are recruiting for him heavily are Pittsburgh, SC, Florida, Florida State, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc... Beyond what you read or hear, Greg must have done SOMTHING right.

We appreciate your comments. If this WASNT a concern for people, I'd wonder about where this world was going, so it?s totally understandable. Just know there is plenty behind the scenes that goes on that we don?t know about and doesn?t make for shock value in news articles

By the way, he's anything BUT a jerk. Although I always though of him as a badass and then when I first met him he was surprisingly kind. Kind of ruined the bad-boy persona in my eyes. Again, cant believe everything you hear.

Thanks for the good luck, maybe we'll see you at the next event when we find a Steeler with NO SKELETONS, this may take a while to find (haha)
holy cow, i thought that picture was of him as a high schooler. could it be possible his son was born to be a steeler? thanks for the update. like i said i never hear anything about lloyd. didnt even know how old his son was. id much rather see him go the route of a family man conquering his demons rather than seeing him on the news driving his truck into a tanker as he popped off shots at the cops. i often wondered if lloyd just turned into a hermit or recluse. seeing that staph infection ruin his foot was almost as bad as terry bradshaws shoulder turning to mush.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:51 PM   #23
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
holy cow, i thought that picture was of him as a high schooler. could it be possible his son was born to be a steeler? thanks for the update. like i said i never hear anything about lloyd. didnt even know how old his son was. id much rather see him go the route of a family man conquering his demons rather than seeing him on the news driving his truck into a tanker as he popped off shots at the cops. i often wondered if lloyd just turned into a hermit or recluse. seeing that staph infection ruin his foot was almost as bad as terry bradshaws shoulder turning to mush.
Yeah, prior to working with him on this I didint know alot about him either. We are going to see if we can schedule an interview with him and post on the site about life as a Lloyd these days. Those are some pretty big schools seeking after Jr. It seems there is good stuff to come from him.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,799 Times in 4,077 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, prior to working with him on this I didint know alot about him either. We are going to see if we can schedule an interview with him and post on the site about life as a Lloyd these days. Those are some pretty big schools seeking after Jr. It seems there is good stuff to come from him.
HUGE schools looking at him. that is impressive. if you score an interview, do post a link cause there are still fans out there who root for lloyd as the "just plain nasty, not known for his disposition, ass kicking, one to be avoided," steeler.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #25
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Kid looks exactly like his dad. I wish him the best and hopefully the apple does fall far from the tree when it comes to off-field issues.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #26
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
HUGE schools looking at him. that is impressive. if you score an interview, do post a link cause there are still fans out there who root for lloyd as the "just plain nasty, not known for his disposition, ass kicking, one to be avoided," steeler.
Well do, no guarantees but it is somthing we are going to try to do with each former athelete we work with. Kind of a "where are they now" type of thing. We thought about polling the boards and our myspace for people to submit questions and let us pick the most 20 juicy ones to ask. Do you guys think that would be a good idea, assuming he agrees to do it??
Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #27
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Kid looks exactly like his dad. I wish him the best and hopefully the apple does fall far from the tree when it comes to off-field issues.
Right there with you on that one brotha, not on the field fo sho' though
Old 07-28-2006, 03:29 AM   #28
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:

FOR MORE INFO VISIT...

WWW.STEELCITYMAFIA.COM
Dope graphic. It's got a sweet retro feel to it...ala Capone (ur tag ).

What wasn't to love about G.L? PURE NASTY!

There were a group of Steelers that you wished and hoped could have had the story book ending like Jerome. But even Oliver Stone and North Dallas Forty can't go far enough to show the ugly in the NFL.

The Steelers have lost more than their share of Greg Llyod's in unceremonious ways. Chalk up Kevin Green. (Chad got his cash so he's not on the list) And if Heinz Field were still on the drawing board then Three Rivers would still be the proverbial axe that cuts the overhead. Brutal.

I wish I could be there to meet Lloyd.

Last edited by Haiku_Dirtt; 07-28-2006 at 03:34 AM.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #29
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
Dope graphic. It's got a sweet retro feel to it...ala Capone (ur tag ).

What wasn't to love about G.L? PURE NASTY!

There were a group of Steelers that you wished and hoped could have had the story book ending like Jerome. But even Oliver Stone and North Dallas Forty can't go far enough to show the ugly in the NFL.

The Steelers have lost more than their share of Greg Llyod's in unceremonious ways. Chalk up Kevin Green. (Chad got his cash so he's not on the list) And if Heinz Field were still on the drawing board then Three Rivers would still be the proverbial axe that cuts the overhead. Brutal.

I wish I could be there to meet Lloyd.
Man, your right. I hate that guys basically build their career and establish rapport with the fans fo the Burgh and then unexpected injuries just bring guys to a screeching hault. I cannot imagine the adjustment they have to make mentally, being on top and then released by your team the next day. Obviously, its part of the biz, but sucks none the less. I'm glad they were able to at least play a little in CAR but it just doesnt seem right seeing some guys retire wearing colors other than black and gold. I love how Woodson still claims us. He's another one that was hard to see move on.

I'm sure we'll work with Lloyd again. Kevin has agree to be at the Carolina matchup in December FYI. More info to come on that event later.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #30
Steel City Mafia
Banned

Quote:

FOR MORE INFO VISIT...

WWW.STEELCITYMAFIA.COM
Q: What sound did make when Greg Lloyd smacked Troy Aikman???

A: BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!