Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
TheVet
Assistant Coach

Space Invaders Champion! Snake Champion! Simon Champion! Speartoss 5 Shots Champion!
Member Number: 24040
Default Re: PLAXICO is the WAY TO GO!

The problem with Plax was that he always turned the routine catches into risky adventures. He might have fit in better with the high-stakes gambling approach that we've been pursuing over the past few years, but now we're looking for a more reliable offensive effort.

And MasterOfPuppets has great wisdom - there's a lot of young talent out there, just looking for a chance.
TheVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #12
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
Funny -

I am sitting here watching the NFL Network Yearbook show featuring the 2011 Jets. Plexico caught three TD passes in the fourth game of the season to help beat the Chargers.

Serendipity. . .
...after dropping how many key third down passes--no thanks. He was a liability in his prime, now he would be an old liability.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #13
lotas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1176

I'll never forget his rookie year he makes a huge like 30-40yd catch across the middle, rolls on the ground and pops right up, untouched, and what's he do? SPIKES the god damn ball.
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
jiminpa
Team Captain

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotas View Post
I'll never forget his rookie year he makes a huge like 30-40yd catch across the middle, rolls on the ground and pops right up, untouched, and what's he do? SPIKES the god damn ball.
Yep, for a touchdown the other way. It was in Jax, and I was there. My wife had to remind me that we already had the game in hand. But the thing is, he didn't learn from it. He did it again the following year, only instead of spiking the ball he spun it on the turf. ...and then he only catches the highlight reel passes--not just no, but.... He is not, and never really was a Steeler.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
Blitzburghfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 24206

It wasn't his production that got him ran off the first time, the FO didn't like the influence he had on Big Ben, and given Ben's "problems" I doubt they would bring him back to be an influence on Ben again.......personally I wouldn't mind Heath being in on four and five wide sets ......(that is if we ever run those again, cause who knows what Haley has going on) Heath has the best hands on the team bar none.

P.S. First Post and GO STEELERS
Blitzburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118

For the record, Plaxico spent the whole day visiting with the team at training camp last year and had lunch with Tomlin, Colbert, and Rooney. They wined and dined him and made him a contract offer. They wanted him, and they will want him again if it looks like Wallace will sit until week 11.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #17
xbroughneck
Team Captain

Member Number: 5743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
For the record, Plaxico spent the whole day visiting with the team at training camp last year and had lunch with Tomlin, Colbert, and Rooney. They wined and dined him and made him a contract offer. They wanted him, and they will want him again if it looks like Wallace will sit until week 11.
Good. People act like they think Plexiglass would be bad for a Steelers offense that was horrendously poor in the red zone the past two years.

He almost caught 50 passes as the #2 receiver on a BAD passing team. He's a bigger red zone threat than Mike Wallace because he...

1) has better hands than Wallace
2) draws a double coverage in short yardage because of his size. Wallace, on the other hand, does not draw double coverage in short yardage because he's and average route runner. Means Antonio will get doubled. Or Cotchery. Or Miller.

I'm sure people will have facts to argue those two points.

Plexico might not be an upgrade to Wallace, but I'd sign him in a second if he wanted to be here for less than what Mike Wallace is asking. He brings VALUE.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,332 Times in 3,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmagyar View Post
Only if Limas Sweed turns them down.

I hear Sweed will sign if he can get the same contract deal as Antonio Brown received - no confirmation whether the Steelers are talking a multi-year or one year deal with Sweed - but no denial either - sounds serious to me.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,196 Times in 3,491 Posts

plex will not accept the role or the $$$ the team would offer and i assume the team wants to waste no time w/ him using them as a bargaining chip.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #20
Blitzburghfan
Water Boy

Member Number: 24206

Limas Sweed wants the same money as Brown???? Haven't heard this one, but I'll take your word for it...the last I heard of Sweed was he struggled in a try out for the Giants.
Blitzburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote