Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473
Default Colon scrapping

During last nights scrimmage mike adams and cam heyward got into a scuffle. Colon came over to "separate" them and ended up getting into it with heyward ending it with a punch to cams helmet. I love the nasty attitude and intensity that he brings but it seems like a daily routine for him to be in a scuffle with teammates. Can't wait for him to start crushing other teams instead of our guys
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389
Default Re: Colon scrapping

I had read once that they don't get in fights because they are mad at each other, it's more about being caught up in the moment. The players are so excited to be on the field and have the feeling of competition again that they have a difficult time harnessing. I wonder who bought who the beer last night.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,453 Times in 1,642 Posts
My Mood: Fine

for those of you at camp - is there a noticeable attitude to this squad - different from previous camps? From what I gather from articles - it seems like this team is PISSED and ready to do some damage. I can't remember hearing so many players/coaches/fans as excited as we all are about this camp - is there a definite renewed energy and purpose? Just getting so psyched - I think we have a sleeping giant this year!

Insanity or In-sahn-naha-teh
is what the the Iro-quois used
meaning "severe personnel problems".
Look it up. No? No, I'm right.
Agree to disagree.
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

Colon is a nasty brawler from the Bronx and has always "finished" well when blocking in the run game. Its why many have always said he is a prototypical guard and could have improved things on the inside of the O line.

I don't take crap, if you want to get down to it. That is the nature of growing up as an inner city kid, I am from the Bronx. I grew up five minutes from Yankee Stadium. My whole attitude growing up is fight for what you believe in and try to make your own way. I don't believe in luck, I don't believe in all that stuff, it is how hard you work is what you are going to get out of it.

http://www.jlsports.net/news_colon2.html
Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Colon is a nasty brawler from the Bronx and has always "finished" well when blocking in the run game. Its why many have always said he is a prototypical guard and could have improved things on the inside of the O line.

I don't take crap, if you want to get down to it. That is the nature of growing up as an inner city kid, I am from the Bronx. I grew up five minutes from Yankee Stadium. My whole attitude growing up is fight for what you believe in and try to make your own way. I don't believe in luck, I don't believe in all that stuff, it is how hard you work is what you are going to get out of it.

http://www.jlsports.net/news_colon2.html
I like the nastiness - just don't take dumb penalties in a game. That's what the guy at left guard before him did.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
I like the nastiness - just don't take dumb penalties in a game. That's what the guy at left guard before him did.
What was that guy's name again? Kemo eat (yourself) o(ut of the league). I hope Colon does not pile on after plays and do the stupid things Kemo did in the heat of the moment. That was mostly because he was trying to make up for p i $ $ poor play during real time.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
What was that guy's name again? Kemo eat (yourself) o(ut of the league). I hope Colon does not pile on after plays and do the stupid things Kemo did in the heat of the moment. That was mostly because he was trying to make up for p i $ $ poor play during real time.
Not really. Kemo had a history of anger management dating back to his college days at Utah. He was a powerful inline blocker that could pull well, but always seemed to be a below average pass protector.

Good run blocking OG that isnt a great pass protector is not a good combination in a Bruce Arians offense.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Not really. Kemo had a history of anger management dating back to his college days at Utah. He was a powerful inline blocker that could pull well, but always seemed to be a below average pass protector.

Good run blocking OG that isnt a great pass protector is not a good combination in a Bruce Arians offense.
Bruce Arians had an offense? I do agree that he was offensive.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
TheDude
Draft Prospect

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!
Member Number: 24204

I really hope Willie stays healthy this year...he is a leader by nature IMO

Cant be a leader if your not dressing on Sundays. When he is healthy, he can serve as a leader for a young, talented OL...the rook's would be wise to follow a guy like Willie Colon's lead
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
colon only has 2 after the whistle penalties in his entire career.

Steelers Depot‏@Steelersdepot

For those wondering, Colon has 1 personal foul & 1 taunting penalty since he has been in the league #steelers