Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-27-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default It's OFFICIAL this time. Omar Jacobs is Signed

Steelers Sign Rookie Quarterback Omar Jacobs

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers announced they have reached a contract agreement with rookie quarterback Omar Jacobs, it was announced today. Financial terms of the multi-year deal were not released.

Jacobs (6-4, 224) was the first of two fifth-round selections (164th overall) for the Steelers in the 2006 NFL Draft.

In just 25 games at Bowling Green, Jacobs ranks fifth in school annals with 523 pass completions and third with 6,938 passing yards. He also tossed Falcon-best 71 career touchdown passes.

A second-team All-American as a sophomore, Jacobs tied the NCAA Division 1-A season record in 2004 by attempting 224 consecutive passes without throwing an interception. He finished the season with 41 touchdown passes to just four interceptions, establishing an NCAA record. Last year as a junior, Jacobs was a semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien Award, given annually to the nation's top quarterback, and was an All-Mid-American Conference honoree.

Following the signing of Jacobs, the Steelers have inked seven of their nine draft picks.

http://news.steelers.com/article/66179
Old 07-27-2006, 04:19 PM   #2
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Default Re: It's OFFICIAL this time. Omar Jacobs is Signed

Good news... I am glad to see him in on time and challenging for that 3rd QB spot.. I think he will be our 3rd stringer this season and take over that #2 spot next year. He has all the natural tools and is obviously pretty smart with his decisions with the td's to int's ratio which is remarkable no matter what coference you play in. And that MAC conference has produced some pretty decent qb's the last few years and none had no where close to those numbers. Now if we can just get our WR's signed.. Come on Holmes... you owe the Steelers... and you should be here on time...
God Bless
Elvis
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #3
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006
Good news... I am glad to see him in on time and challenging for that 3rd QB spot.. I think he will be our 3rd stringer this season and take over that #2 spot next year. He has all the natural tools and is obviously pretty smart with his decisions with the td's to int's ratio which is remarkable no matter what coference you play in. And that MAC conference has produced some pretty decent qb's the last few years and none had no where close to those numbers. Now if we can just get our WR's signed.. Come on Holmes... you owe the Steelers... and you should be here on time...
God Bless
Elvis
At this point, I thought Reid would have been signed. I don't understand the hold up. I'm normally patient when it comes to signings, but Reid not being signed at this point concerns me more than Holmes. Should be getting around the same as Smith I would have to believe. That's why I'm not exactly sure of the hold up.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #4
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
At this point, I though Reid would have been signed. I don't understand the hold up. I'm normally patient when it comes to signings, but Reid not being signed at this point concerns me more than Holmes.
Take it for what it's worth... but PFT is reporting that the Holmes deal is done and will be announced tomarrow.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

That's good news. I'm looking forward to seeing what this guy can do in pre-season. He looks like he has the skill set to go far in the league.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:16 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
Take it for what it's worth... but PFT is reporting that the Holmes deal is done and will be announced tomarrow.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...?t=8982&page=3

Then his agent stated on KDKA news that the rumors are false and a deal has not been reached.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I love it when PFT's "source" turns out to be bogus. I'm embarassed for being caught at that site.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I love it when PFT's "source" turns out to be bogus. I'm embarassed for being caught at that site.
I hear ya brother. I saw it posted on another site and I actually felt dirty posting the link and article on this site....lol.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,686 Times in 2,896 Posts

maybe willie reid knows hes gonna be better than santonio. (think 3rd round hines vs. 1st round edwards)

im more concerned about holmes signing. the books have been set for what reid will be getting. he dont have much of a bargaining chip at all. at this point hes deep on the depth chart but maybe he feels hes gonna get alot of touches as a returner and deserves a little more. i cant blame his agent if he wants to see what the 1st rounder gets before signing.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Who cares if Holmes and Reid don't sign by the start of camp. The players only report on Friday. The first practice isn't till Sunday. Now by if they are not signed by Sunday then lets worry alittle.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote