Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,112 Times in 3,201 Posts
Default Status quo in Pittsburgh; Super Bowl within reach

Nice article by Jason La Canfora

Nothing much ever changes in Pittsburgh. The Rooneys run the family business seamlessly, same as it has always been, and Steelers coaches and executives are long-tenured and signed for years to come and stability is the rule. Expectations rarely change.

Super Bowl or bust.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...l-within-reach
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,077 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: Status quo in Pittsburgh; Super Bowl within reach

When you have the pedigree the Steelers have, Super Bowl contention is always there. When you have a franchise Qb to boot, you go to Super Bowls. It's just that simple.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

CBS seems to be the only media outlet that thinks highly of the Steelers. ESPN, NBC, and NFLN have been sucking Raven knob all offseason. CBS has the Steelers and Bengals competing for the division title with the Ravens taking a step back and missing the playoffs, mostly because of the loss of Suggs. I guess they aren't sold that the best QB ever will offset the loss of Suggs and win shootouts for the Ravens every week.
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
CBS seems to be the only media outlet that thinks highly of the Steelers. ESPN, NBC, and NFLN have been sucking Raven knob all offseason. CBS has the Steelers and Bengals competing for the division title with the Ravens taking a step back and missing the playoffs, mostly because of the loss of Suggs. I guess they aren't sold that the best QB ever will offset the loss of Suggs and win shootouts for the Ravens every week.
Yeah NFLN and ESPN are absolutely ridiculous. I was watching a thing on Flacco today and he was 2nd to last in completion percentage last year. Then they were figuring that NEARLY A THIRD of his passes are dump off's and 1-5 yard routes to Ray Rice. The players they lost in FA were active producing players, yet the media acts like the dead weight we cut is some huge loss and that their losses aren't anything to worry about. The O line took a step back and although it may hinder Rice a small amount, it will definitely hinder Flacco, especially if Harrison and Woodley are healthy in both games against us. Flacco's not an on the run play maker. On top of all that, Suggs will be out at least half the season and won't be 100% this year at all even if he returns early. On top of that, we have guys to protect Ben from him and Ngata now. All that yet they are on top, while we improve all our major flaws yet we will be in 3rd unless Trent Richardson has a big year, then we'll be dead last.

Could you imagine the BS in the media if Troy Polamalu was 37 and was asked to drop weight in an effort to still be competitive? Their's nobody on the edges of that front 7, Lewis is older and slower and will be bearing the brunt, and Ngata (against us at least) will be neutralized by our strong interior O line. But if you watch NFLN all you would know is that the young Ravens team is ready to win a SB and the playoff loses in previous years are just building blocks and are no indication of how the team performs under the peak of pressure.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Pete Prisco at CBS loves nothing more than sucking off the Bengals, which is like some sort of mental disorder, right? So that half of the equation is a given, year-in and year-out. That he picks the Steelers to do well should be taken more like a jinx than praise. Beware.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Did he get Dwyer and Redman confused? I don't recall Dwyer having a 100 yard game, and I'm not sure I've ever heard him referred to as a sledgehammer?

Although I've not had coffee yet this morning, so maybe I'm confused....

<---- I need this!
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886

We have to stay healthy

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,937 Times in 1,907 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I love how no one has mentioned the idea of the Ravens going up against a new offense for the first time either - 1 that is less predictable, and will play to our strengths.

I will give Flacco some credit - he has been through some big battles and doesn't have the deer in the headlight look he has had before - I just don't think he is the QB to put a team on his shoulders

Some Ravens fans are starting to say Flacco is the next Eli, I think Eli has shown a lot more heroics under pressure to this point, has about 4 more season under his belt, and has 2 rings to his name. If Flacco had better receivers outside of Smith, then I think they would have won a SB already.

They are def not the team of last season - to me, they got what they wanted in a top seed, and they pissed it away - that was their last chance together IMHO

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Could you imagine the BS in the media if Troy Polamalu was 37 and was asked to drop weight in an effort to still be competitive? Their's nobody on the edges of that front 7, Lewis is older and slower and will be bearing the brunt, and Ngata (against us at least) will be neutralized by our strong interior O line. But if you watch NFLN all you would know is that the young Ravens team is ready to win a SB and the playoff loses in previous years are just building blocks and are no indication of how the team performs under the peak of pressure.
I was watching ESPN when the news came out that Ray-Ray reported to camp lighter and all their "experts" said something along the lines of "Now he's going to be able to cover guys like Gronkowski!"

I wonder how a lighter Ray-Ray helps their already Sugg-less pass rush and run defense?
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #10
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,483 Times in 8,547 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Did he get Dwyer and Redman confused? I don't recall Dwyer having a 100 yard game, and I'm not sure I've ever heard him referred to as a sledgehammer?

Although I've not had coffee yet this morning, so maybe I'm confused....

<---- I need this!
He had that one game (TENN) where he had a 70 yard run (on the first carry of his career)... and then, eventually, eclipsed 100 yards.

But, you are right: it was not like he was Redman: getting 100 yards as a starting RB (in a play-off game) and/or getting a significant number of carries.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote