Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,635 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Official DUI Thread

List your dumbasses here....

Every day another player arrested and every article says its the long offseason. Idle hands and all that. Wrong. A dumbass is a dumbass. Adults should be able to handle vacations without getting arrested.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,226 Times in 1,851 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Official DUI Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
List your dumbasses here....

Every day another player arrested and every article says its the long offseason. Idle hands and all that. Wrong. A dumbass is a dumbass. Adults should be able to handle vacations without getting arrested.
You deserve moderator promotion for this

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,963 Times in 3,515 Posts

Tennessee Titans receiver Kenny Britt was arrested early Friday morning on a charge of DWI at Fort Campbell, Ky.

Britt was taken into custody at about 3:30 a.m. local time on suspicion of driving while intoxicated while accessing Fort Campbell through the main gate
, Army base public information official Bob Jenkins said.

"We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering more facts," the Titans said in a statement.

Jenkins would not provide further details, but according to a report from 104.5 The Zone radio in Nashville, Britt and Titans cornerback Tommie Campbell were with a female soldier when he was stopped....

Britt is no stranger to trouble since the Titans drafted him in the first round in 2009:

His list of problems have included:

• Outstanding traffic warrrants for false statements on his driver's license application.

• Ticket for driving without a license.

• Lawsuit over his alleged role in a Nashville bar fight.

• Arrest after a car chase.

• Charges for resisting arrest after police confronted him over what they thought was marijuana possession.

In June 2011, Britt took to Facebook to threaten to retire from the league, and was critical of commissioner Roger Goodell.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/81...-dwi-army-base

Extra style points by getting nabbed for DWI while pulling up to the main gate of an Army base at 3:30 in the morning.

I assume Mr. Britt has an appointment with Mr. Goodell in his future.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Kenny Britt's trip to the principal's office did not go well

Kenny Britt met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Monday, and in perhaps the closest thing heís shown to awareness, he didnít get the sense it went well....

ďWhat is my gut telling me? I really donít know. He didnít really give me any body language on what is going to happen. He just wasnít really pleased about seeing me in there. No person would like to see a player in their office twice in one year.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...see-him-again/
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,183 Times in 1,939 Posts

Does this one count.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Does this one count.

Naked and drunk but somehow he had car keys handy

Old 08-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,226 Times in 1,851 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Is that Randy Travis?

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #9
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...7ac7e65c4fb3eb

Randy Travis arrested naked, charged with DWI

Country singer Randy Travis was charged with driving while intoxicated and threatening law officers after he crashed his Pontiac Trans Am and was found naked and combative at the scene, Texas officials said.
The accident was reported Tuesday night, and Travis walked out of jail Wednesday morning wearing scrubs, no shoes and a University of Texas baseball cap. It was the second Texas arrest this year for Travis, who was cited in February for public intoxication.
A Pontiac Trans Am registered to the 53-year-old singer had veered off a roadway near Tioga, a town about 60 miles north of Dallas where the entertainer lives, and struck several barricades in a construction zone, said Tom Vinger, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Vinger said Travis made threats against DPS troopers and was not wearing clothes at the time of his arrest. The singer refused sobriety tests so a blood specimen was taken, he said.
"Travis had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath and several signs of intoxication," according to a statement from the Grayson County Sheriff's Office. "While Travis was being transported, Travis made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case."
A Travis representative said there would be no immediate comment on the arrest. A message left Wednesday with the Grayson County district attorney's office was not returned.
Travis, whose suffered facial bruises in the crash, was released on $21,500 bond Wednesday morning from the jail in Sherman, Vinger said. Blood-test results are pending.
In February, Travis was charged with public intoxication after being spotted in a vehicle parked in front of a church in Sanger, about 20 miles from Tioga.
He also has been involved in messy court proceedings with his ex-wife. Travis was divorced from Elizabeth Travis in 2010 after 19 years of marriage.
Earlier this year, Elizabeth Travis, who had been his manager for more than three decades, filed a lawsuit claiming that Randy Travis made it impossible for her to do her job and terminated her management contract without proper notice. She said her ex-husband sent several men, including an armed guard, to clean out her offices.
Randy Travis countersued in May, accusing his ex-wife of divulging confidential information about him in order to damage his reputation and career. The court documents don't say what information Elizabeth Travis is alleged to have betrayed.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

I liked this story on Mr. Travis linked through Drudge, my one stop shopping site for links to anti-Obama agitprop mixed with twisted news of the day

Sources told NBC 5 that prior to the crash a call was placed to 911 by a store clerk who reported Travis walked into a convenience store without any clothes on asking for cigarettes. When asked how he was going to pay for them, Travis left aggravated and empty-handed

According to the owner, Mike Ziyadeh, Travis is a regular at the store and is normally dressed and well-behaved.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/...165419146.html