Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
sbbound
Water Boy

Member Number: 15380
Default Ike vs AB rd 2

My guess is AB is making Ike look silly as he did Nnamdi on Thursday.. and Ike got tough.. Just two fierce competitors getting at it..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...steelers-camp/
Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645
Default Re: Ike vs AB rd 2

Man, the comments that followed the article were PAINFUL to read. So much stupid in this world...

wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Man, the comments that followed the article were PAINFUL to read. So much stupid in this world...

You have to just ignore the comments on PFT. If it's an anti-Steeler comment THUMBS UP! If it's a pro-Steelers comment BOOOO THUMBS DOWN!

Anyways, seems like Antonio and Ike kissed and made up:

Quote:
Antonio Brown ‏@AntonioBrown84

Please forgive me and my brother @Ike_SwagginU for the frustration in camp we love each other sincerely ! Meet us on Carson at Cafe Davio
Quote:
Ike Taylor ‏@Ike_SwagginU

Me and @AntonioBrown84 we GOOD sometimes FAMILY members get into it We got it off our chest SHOOK hands AFTER NOW WE AT BREAKFAST SWURVE!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbound View Post
My guess is AB is making Ike look silly as he did Nnamdi on Thursday.. and Ike got tough.. Just two fierce competitors getting at it..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...steelers-camp/
Ike actually had the upper hand on the day.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Gerry Dulac had this to say.

"Too bad Ike Taylor didn't go after DeMaryius Thomas the way he went after Antonio Brown."

lol
Old 08-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

TribLIVE Radio‏@TribLive_Radio

Live TONIGHT at 9pm @Ike_SwagginU from Geo's on Route 30 with special guest Antonio Brown, listen to them here- http://trib.me/tribradio

despite the shiner ike is sporting,
they kissed and made up yesterday.

http://pit.scout.com/2/1211482.html

Quote:
Round 3 of Ike Taylor vs. Antonio Brown took place Monday, but it wasn't on the practice fields at St. Vincent College.
Instead, it was a peace gathering at a joint called Caffe Davio on Pittsburgh's South Side.

“We're cool, we're cool,” Taylor proclaimed Tuesday on his way to lunch.

“We've been competing against each other every day out here for two weeks,” Brown said. “Guys get aggressive, competing against each other every day. Those are the type of things that happen in camp, but at the end of the day, we're on the same team and we go to bat for each other.”

The battle erupted twice on Sunday, when Taylor intercepted a pass intended for Brown and reacted angrily when Brown tried to slap the ball from Taylor's grasp. They were separated the second time by Steelers GM Kevin Colbert, who has likely been in a tougher situation before, but probably can't remember when.

“In the heat of the moment, we let emotions get the best of us,” Brown said. “But at the end of the day, that's my brother, not just on the field, but off the field. We've got a good relationship with each other. This is just one incident.”

“Brothers get into it,” was Taylor's way of explaining it. “We settled it. That's how it is sometimes up here in Latrobe, getting tired of seeing each other. We're two highly competitive type of guys. When you've got the same blood type, things are bound to happen.

“But we're cool now. We went down to Caffe Davio, got some breakfast.”

“I picked up the bill,” Brown added.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #7
meanfish
Water Boy

Member Number: 10344

I'm curious if this stems from Antonio getting the contract and Mike didn't. Aren't Mike and Ike very tight? Maybe some grumbling under his breath about his buddy?? At any rate, hope it's over and we can all play nice (at least with B&G).
meanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #8
tony hipchest
Supporter

its mike and keenan lewis who are very tight (childhood friends)..

the fight was really nothing more than things getting heated during training camp battles.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #9
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 13,847 Times in 5,696 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its mike and keenan lewis who are very tight (childhood friends)..

Mike and Ike are tight also:

Harris: Taylor pitches in to solve Wallace mess

By John Harris
Published: Monday, August 13, 2012

What if I told you that restricted free-agent wide receiver Mike Wallace not only trained last week with speed and conditioning guru Tom Shaw at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at Disney, he bunked in Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor’s nearby home and drove Taylor’s car?

How many people would welcome someone into their home while they’re away at training camp? Taylor and Wallace are good teammates more than they are best friends, so Taylor clearly took one for the team.

“Mike was supposed to be here three weeks ago,” said Shaw, who has trained many high-profile NFL players and has known Taylor since he was a teenager. “The only way to get him here was to have him stay in Ike’s house and drive Ike’s car.”

The Steelers know all about Shaw, who became regarded as one of the early stars in his profession for his work with Deion Sanders, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Shaw was the conditioning coach when the New England Patriots won three Super Bowls in four years.

Shaw has been a guest at the Steelers’ practice facility, and he is on speaking terms with coach Mike Tomlin. The Steelers are well aware that Taylor, who works every offseason with Shaw and made his home in Orlando, Fla., as a result, didn’t miss a game because of injury in his first nine NFL seasons.

Taylor should receive a finder’s fee when Wallace receives his new contract. Make no mistake, it’s a matter of when, not if, Wallace — who told a Disney official last week he will play in the final preseason game — signs with the Steelers.

Taylor has spoken with Wallace throughout the offseason, in person and on the phone, with Wallace explaining his side of the negotiations while Taylor presented the Steelers’ side.

The New Orleans natives got together in June when Taylor was in town to host his annual football camp.

“It’s a lot of frustration with Mike, seeing a lot of guys getting signed to big contracts,” Taylor said. “Mike feels like he outperformed his last contract. He’s telling me, ‘I miss being around you boys. But I want my (money).’ ”

Taylor, who signed a four-year extension last year making him the highest-paid cornerback in Steelers history, capitalized on his close relationship with chairman emeritus Dan Rooney to become a buffer between Wallace and the Steelers.

Check out Taylor’s avatar picture on his Twitter page featuring him and Rooney striking one of Taylor’s favorite poses, side-by-side with arms folded across their chests. It’s a must-see, and a clear indicator that Taylor, who once fell asleep in Rooney’s office after a practice, shares a special bond with the Steelers’ owner.

“I told him one time that his pants (were) too high,” Taylor said about Rooney on his weekly show on TribLive Radio two weeks ago. “So he had to come down on his pants, and he got a whole lot better over the course of years.”

Given the relationship between Rooney and Taylor, does anyone believe that Wallace worked out with Taylor’s personal trainer while the team is in training camp without the Steelers knowing about it?

“Mike is my guy,” Taylor said. “Mr. Rooney and the organization, they’re my people, so I see it on both sides.”

With the recent departures of James Farrior, Hines Ward and Aaron Smith, Taylor is taking charge. He’s become a mentor to cornerbacks Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown. Allen was a guest in Taylor’s home when Allen trained with Shaw this summer, as was wide receiver Antonio Brown, who tussled with Taylor at the end of Sunday’s practice but considers him a friend.

Taylor’s direct involvement in Wallace’s contract negotiations — while unusual, to say the least — will be worth it when Wallace and the Steelers agree to terms.

http://triblive.com/home/2403626-74/...ris-allen-camp
Old 08-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #10
tony hipchest
Supporter

theyre cool.