Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 06-30-2005, 03:43 AM   #51
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: Ty Law

"and never got that mega deal."

6 mill a year ain't chump change. Does he think he's going to get a Brady type deal? Never happen.

Furthermore, if he's ready for a comeback, how come he isn't signed yet? Nobody that good, who is ready to play, would be just out there walking around.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #52
SteelProven
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 394

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4strife
Personally, I expect McFadden to progress faster than Colclough. I could be wrong. I think McFadden takes over WW's spot. Colclough gets his playing time in the nickel and on ST's. But I think it would be late '05 if not '06 before Colclough is a starter.
I agree with this 100%. That's why i don't see us signing Law.
SteelProven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 12:23 PM   #53
Dirtywater
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
"and never got that mega deal."

6 mill a year ain't chump change. Does he think he's going to get a Brady type deal? Never happen.

Furthermore, if he's ready for a comeback, how come he isn't signed yet? Nobody that good, who is ready to play, would be just out there walking around.

In the his & the Postons mind, yes 6 million was not a mega deal. To say those guys are out of touch is an understatement. I don't think he thinks he'll get a Brady deal, but he is looking for a very good deal with an amazing signing bonus. This injury has really been a thorn in their strategy, but it hasn't stopped their desires.

He is running and cutting, though I've heard his cutting is not up to par yet. I think the reason he still hasn't signed yet is because of both he is not fully recovered yet and he hasn't seen a contract they like yet. I look for him to sign in August, when camps are in full swing and players get injured. SOmeone will take the bait after a player is injured. I don't think it will be their desired mega-deal, but he'll take the higgest offer, even if it is only for a year.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:57 PM   #54
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I just don`t see him getting a mega deal! Its possible today with the way contracts get out of hand, but doubtful. Older corner, that could be damaged goods
Old 06-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #55
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

If the raiders can afford to have, or atleast consider to have TO and Moss on the same team, then its not out of the realm of possibility for a team to sign him to big bucks..there's always some goofball front office willing to break the bank on an aging, injured veteran.. :roll:

But I definately agree w/ HW though, if he is all that and a bag of chips right now, why isnt he in mini camps w/ a team?
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:38 PM   #56
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

In the end, the Chiefs couldn't afford Ty Law, whom they really wanted to team up with Patrick Surtain, so they opted for 13-year veteran Ashley Ambrose to add depth. The Chiefs showed a lot of interest in Law, but with Law wanting top dollar and still just 85 percent healthy, it didn't add up. The Chiefs need a sure thing to round out a much-improved defense. Law still has the Buccaneers, Jets, Colts, Steelers, and Jaguars on hold, with offers in hand from most of them. He'll wind up at one of those places (and don't rule out the Browns), but he might have to set his salary sights slightly lower.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #57
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
but he might have to set his salary sights slightly lower
I think that's gonna have to be a given... I know there's always a team out there that's willing to overpay for a veteran, especially one thats aging or has had significant injury problems of one kind or another...but he's gotta be realistic here I think.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #58
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
I think that's gonna have to be a given... I know there's always a team out there that's willing to overpay for a veteran, especially one thats aging or has had significant injury problems of one kind or another...but he's gotta be realistic here I think.
I agree. He is only 85% healthy also. I don't think he can really expect someone to give him mega bucks until he can show them himself at 100%. Even then he is going to have to lower his price a little.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #59
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Law was just on ESPN saying he want to be paid like a four time Pro-Bowler. He wants big money for sure. He also said that he would not sign a one year deal, and thats what most teams will offer because of the injury.....
Old 07-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #60
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292

Law is running out of time and the fact that he says he won't sign a one-year deal that's just stupid. He is coming off an injury and is only 85%, I just can't see anyone giving him the kindof money he wants.
I'm actually suprised to see the Steelers still on the list of potential place for him. I can't see them giving him a big contract at all.