Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Cris Collinsworth is a blow hard

Well its been obvious for a while that the man from the Bungles has never liked the Steelers, but last night was plain asinine. Collinblowhard tried to call out Hines on a primetime national broadcast last night that was pure bull shit. If you missed it, he accused Hines of paying off refs and holding every time he blocked someone even demonstrating it on camera. He later tried to play it off, but he is savvy and knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I feel bad for Hines having to work with this jerk off, even the other announcer immediately noted on how Blow Hard attacked Hines right off the bat.

Being the man Hines is however, he brushed it off like a pro. Yet Collinblowhard then attacked him again saying the only reason Hines gets in the Hall of Fame is because of his blocking( it is going to be a big reason but Blow Hard said it in a way that underplayed Hines's receiving skills and I know for a fact Hines doesn't like that.) Then Blow Hard went on about Hines's lack of speed and then started mocking Ryan Clark about his lack of speed. No one even likes this big headed idiot anyways and he had a shitty NFL career. It is obvious he is jealous of the success we have had in the Burgh.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts
Default Re: Cris Collinsworth is a blow hard

Chillax dude, haha. It's just breaking the ice. All former ball-players do it. I kind of got pissed at first when he put his hands on Hines because everyone and their mother knows Hines would tear big-bird apart.

That said, I liked what Collinsworth said later on in the broadcast. He said "..nah, joking aside, I wouldn't question you, I've SEEN what you did to Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.." or something along those lines. Translation: YOU, Hines Ward, are an absolute BADASS.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,014 Times in 424 Posts

I actually like Chris Collinsworth as an announcer to be honest. People always said John Madden had an anti-Steelers bias as well, but I never saw it. The only announcer that really bothers me is Phil Simms.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,199 Times in 2,560 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

All he did was praise LeBeau and Ben all night long.

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,910 Posts
My Mood: Fine

What can you do to a team that is consistently so successful but pull at straws and make stuff up about its legendary players? I never saw Big Bird as a big hater, but PHIL SIMMS IS SOOOOOOOO OBVIOUS. I cannot stand him and even when he isn't hating on our Steelers, he just seems into put-downs and building himself up at others' expense. Can't question his resume, but he is my least favorite.

I'll take Madden anyday - very entertaining, as crazy as he comes across. I can understand some bitter feelings, but I feel like he has had nothing but respect for the Steelers. Him and Michaels covering XLIII was an instant classic. I always will remember Madden on Harrison's 100 yd pick 6 - "UNNNBERIEVABBBABLE!"

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Its obvious that he hates the Steelers you can't argue that. He does it very discreetly though because he is a broadcaster. He only said Ben was a top ten qb not top five. He hates on Hines then tries to joke it off later just stuff like that. He's savvy but he's a hater, but he does like some of our guys like Troy and Tomlin. Still think he's a blowhard.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
rgj
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7995
My Mood: Angelic

I also thought Collinworthless' remarks with Hines Ward were highly inappropriate. He's a jerk.

I really do get tired of so-called announcers thinking THEY are the reason people tune in to watch the game. I'm tired of the idiocy displayed by most of them. I usually turn the volume down so I don't have to listen to their drivel.
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,088 Times in 3,455 Posts

collinsworth did a great job breaking hines in and easing him into the job. they actually seemed like old buddies who were glad to be working together for the first time. Chris led hines and didnt hog the mic. their exchanges were very fluid and natural. i only counted a misstep or 2 where hines seemed almost suprised to be given such a free opportunity to speak and he revisited and re-emphasized a point that had already passed.

great job altogether.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

I thought he broke Hines in well. Gave him some ball busting, complimented his playing style. We all know Hines wasn't the fastest guy out there but he had solid hands and was Bens go to guy for years. Not to mention the fact everyone knew the Steelers were a run oriented team for most of Hines career. Hines will always be known as one of the best blocking receivers in the game that counts.

He is HOF bound.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #10
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote