Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Harrison still thinks he's playing Week 1

Harrison thinks he will be ready for opening night

Steelers linebacker James Harrison thinks he’ll be ready to play in the season-opening game Sept. 9 in Denver, even though he hasn’t practiced in pads since last season.

Harrison has been on the physically unable to perform list with a left knee injury since training camp started July 25. He tried doing conditioning work shortly after camp began but, in his words, “the knee blew up” and he needed arthroscopic surgery last week.

Harrison will try working each day to see how his knee feels. He doesn’t believe he needs much on-field time to be ready.

“I might need a little prep, we got a couple of new things (on defense), but other than that I think I’ll be all right,” Harrison said Tuesday. “You’ve got to get back in timing with the other guys and everything else, and a few days of practice would help.”

As for any long-term problems with the knee, Harrison isn’t concerned because he was told the surgery would repair the damage.

“I’m not worried about it,” Harrison said as the Steelers resumed practicing at their South Side complex

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...ewsteelers+%28

------------------------

he'll play
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Harrison still thinks he's playing Week 1

I think he'll be fine - he may need more breathers than normal - but thats ok too. love to see him out there!
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,936 Times in 4,636 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesteelerfan View Post
I think he'll be fine - he may need more breathers than normal - but thats ok too. love to see him out there!

me too, even if Deebo is not at 100% he's still way better than any other OLB we would put out there...
Old 08-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Fire Haley
Banned

I saw Carter get clubbed to the ground like a baby seal by a LT....we NEED you Deebo
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
GoFor7
Banned

Member Number: 24211

Wenn James Harrison gibt sogar Peyton Manning einen bösen Blick, werde ich fein ihm 10000000000000000000 $ und ich werde die Steelers nach London zu ziehen!
GoFor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

Goodell gives Hitler a bad name.

I know one thing, Worilds better get his ass in gear or he'll be the next Alonzo Jackson

'Zo it goes: Alonzo Jackson cut by Calgary Stampeders

Drafted in the second round in 2003 by the Steelers, Jackson was apparently never able to make the transition from DE to NFL linebacker. Even after dropping 20 pounds to fit the position. The Canadian game seemed more suited to his speed and QB chasing chops. But Calgary cut 'Zo.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
SteelerJay
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16041

I'll be really surprised if Deebo plays at 60% of his usual level, not having run since July 25...

Play the four hosses up front (Keisel, Mclendon, Hood and Heyward) in more sets, easing the pressure on Carter or Timmins
SteelerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Bouchette On Harrison’s Knee: He Is Not Going To Come Back Strong

August 21, 2012

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Two games down, two games to go for the Steelers’ preseason schedule. To take a look at the team’s development, and some insight into the next couple weeks, the Fan Morning Show spoke with Post Gazette Beat Writer, and 93.7 The Fan Steelers Insider, Ed Bouchette.

James Harrison is likely to not make it back from his knee surgery in time for the season opener. Ed tells us this will hurt the star linebacker because he is a “workout warrior.”

This will hinder Harrison’s recovery because he will not be able to hit the weight room as frequently and rigorously as he usually does. When Harrison does return, Ed says, “he is not going to come back strong.”

Rashard Mendenhall and Casey Hampton have been taken off the PUP list and will be able to practice today.

As for Mendenhall, Ed tells us that he was taken off so that he could acclimated with the offense as much as possible. It is still unlikely that Mendenhall will be ready by week one.

However, Ed says that, by being taken off the PUP list, Mendenhall will now be able to take part in the team’s walkthroughs, and get some on-field prep with the offense.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/...e-back-strong/
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

In poll of players, James Harrison named “most violent, dangerous”

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 24, 2012

The belief that Steelers linebacker James Harrison is a violent and dangerous player isn’t just a creation of the sports media or the opinion of Roger Goodell. It’s also shared by many of his colleagues.

In an ESPN poll that asked NFL players, “Who is the most violent, dangerous player in the NFL?” Harrison was the runaway winner, with 67.5 percent of the vote. Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis came in second, at 10 percent.

An interesting follow-up question would have been whether players view the “most violent, dangerous player” as someone to shun or someone to admire. The league office has repeatedly fined — and even suspended — Harrison for his helmet-to-helmet hits, but it’s probably safe to say that Harrison would wear the “most violent, dangerous player” designation as a badge of honor.

In fact, Harrison and Goodell might even find some common ground in saying that Harrison’s reputation as the “most violent, dangerous player” is a reputation he deserves.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ent-dangerous/