Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 8,130
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,854
Thanked 4,603 Times in 1,977 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Ramon Foster familiar with next man up role



Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08...t-man-up-role/
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Ramon Foster familiar with next man up role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
The one thing about pre-season is there will be guys that will be cut including veterans, may want to look to free agency to fill this void. Not too comfortable with Foster, how about picking up a respectable vet to fill the hole in the line?
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #3
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,244
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,573
Thanked 8,240 Times in 3,618 Posts
Default Re: Ramon Foster familiar with next man up role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldsteel86 View Post
The one thing about pre-season is there will be guys that will be cut including veterans, may want to look to free agency to fill this void. Not too comfortable with Foster, how about picking up a respectable vet to fill the hole in the line?
Steelers will be competing for OL depth with teams including Tampa Bay, which lost its Pro Bowl guard for the season this week

The Bucs confirmed the worst about guard Davin Joseph -- he will undergo season-ending surgery for a torn right patellar tendon Monday and be placed on Injured Reserve.

Joseph was injured late in the second quarter of the Bucs' 30-28 win over the New England Patriots Friday when a player was blocked by tackle Donald Penn and fell into the leg of the two-time Pro Bowler.


http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...ndon-headed-ir
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Ramon Foster familiar with next man up role

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Steelers will be competing for OL depth with teams including Tampa Bay, which lost its Pro Bowl guard for the season this week

The Bucs confirmed the worst about guard Davin Joseph -- he will undergo season-ending surgery for a torn right patellar tendon Monday and be placed on Injured Reserve.

Joseph was injured late in the second quarter of the Bucs' 30-28 win over the New England Patriots Friday when a player was blocked by tackle Donald Penn and fell into the leg of the two-time Pro Bowler.


http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/c...ndon-headed-ir
Truthfully, I would like to see the Steelers get a veteran here and by veteran I do not mean Ramon Foster, now as for "Tampon" Bay goes sorry for their troubles, I actually like to watch their QB play, I am more worried about the Steelers OL. However I see what you mean with not alot of $$$$ available I would sure hate to see the Bucs beat the Steelers to the punch!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
FrancoLambert
Team President
 
FrancoLambert's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: tony soprano's neighborhood
Posts: 2,079
Gender: Male
Member Number: 20827
Thanks: 2,066
Thanked 1,735 Times in 903 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
Default Re: Ramon Foster familiar with next man up role

What can you expect to pick up on waivers at the OL position?
Another backup at best. O linemen with starting potential are not cut, especially in today's NFL.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Goldsteel86's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,626
Member Number: 16432
Thanks: 512
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts
Default Re: Ramon Foster familiar with next man up role

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
What can you expect to pick up on waivers at the OL position?
Another backup at best. O linemen with starting potential are not cut, especially in today's NFL.
Ummmm, maybe, just maybe, there will be someone at least better than Ramon Foster and yes there are teams who look to "turn the corner" by releasing veteran players ala the Steelers (Hines Ward, James Farrior, Aaron Smith) so yes it has been done and if I am not mistaken, cuts start Monday, you never know in the NFL.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts