Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
cazzell
Water Boy

Member Number: 13141
Default Going to my first Steelers game at Heinz on November 18th need help with parking!

Going to the Ratbirds game on the 18th of November. Section 133 row 5 E!! I don't want to ride the ferry bc of the wait. Any suggestions on where to park around the stadium or parking lots around the stadium.
cazzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
Kingmagyar
Team Captain

Member Number: 16118
Default Re: Going to my first Steelers game at Heinz on November 18th need help with parking!

I always park up on Western Ave. There is a bunch of independent lots usually a lot cheaper then closer to the stadium. The walk to Heinz Field is level on Western then down a steep hill right to the gate of Heinz Field. Drawbacks are the steep hill going back up to Western. Also the lots there really cram the cars in and you have no chance of leaving before the game ends as you are boxed in. But if you do park on Western you could eat at Peppi's Cheesesteaks before the game. It's always worked for me because I always stay until after the game. Traffic is kind of slow crossing the West End Bridge if your going that way, but once over you fly up Route 51 or can get on the parkway.
Kingmagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
VolatileMan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 329
Default Re: Going to my first Steelers game at Heinz on November 18th need help with parking!

Im a California boy and when I went to my first Hienz field game (coincidentally against the ratbirds) I acually parked in downtown in one of the garages. Then took in the ambiance of Pittsburgh (stores, bars, fans, etc) walking to the game.
When I got to one of the bridges (cant remember which one) I then took a water taxi right up to the stadium!
It was pretty cool.
VolatileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 5,528 Times in 2,676 Posts
My Mood: Brooding

Where are you staying? You can get courtesy transport From some places

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
cazzell
Water Boy

Member Number: 13141

I'm only an hour and a half from the Pittsburgh, so I'm not staying anywhere. The reason I ask about the best parking and not riding the ferry is bc I teach and don't want to get back later than I have too.
cazzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

If cost is not an issue... you can park just about anywhere.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,403 Times in 3,088 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

awesome man!
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote