Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Plax 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol
Could he (Holmes) have called Ben himself and said "I heard you called me, I don't see nothing on my message machine, but those damn kids must've deleted them all. But thanks for the concern anyways" something like that? You know, to save his and Ben's face.
Well he stated Ben never called him. Which is my point. Who knows what happened? "Coulda?" "Woulda?" "Shoulda?"

Then again I keep thinking to myself even if Ben did call him, "IT'S ONLY A PHONE CALL!!!". So what do I know?

It just amazes me that one could get so worked up over a phone call and a press conference. When the regular season comes around and if he starts becoming a trouble maker, then I will voice my final opinion on the kid. But some are chewing out the kid and pegging him as the next "Plax" when he hasn't even played a down of pro ball.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-29-2006 at 09:35 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:35 PM   #12
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Well he stated Ben never called him. Which is my point. Who knows what happened?

Then again I keep thinking to myself even if Ben did call him, "IT'S ONLY A PHONE CALL!!!". So what do I know?

It just amazes me that one could get so worked up over a phone call and a press conference. When the regular season comes around and if he starts becoming a trouble maker, then I will voice my final opinion on the kid. But some are chewing out the kid and pegging him as the next "Plax" when he hasn't even played a down of pro ball.
I agree. I've said it before, everyman deserves a chance a or two. Let's watch him for couple of seasons, and then we'll know for sure. But somebody must teach the kid something about the condom and how to use it or something that sort.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:38 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol
I agree. I've said it before, everyman deserves a chance a or two. Let's watch him for couple of seasons, and then we'll know for sure. But somebody must teach the kid how to use a condom.
Seasons? Hell, your more generous than me....lol. If this kid starts making trouble this season I would strongly debate on giving him the boot. I'm just willing to give the kid a chance to prove himself through training camp (see how he handles the talks with Cowher and Co.) and how he handles himself during the regular season.

As for the condom.........I agree 100%.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 07-29-2006 at 09:53 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #14
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Plax 2.0 not calling Ben back is the equivalent of landing your dream job and then getting a call from the CEO and not calling him back. I would think that Holmes would have called Ben anyway. Seeing as how he was just in a life altering accident the week before. But thats just me.
Look no one was more excited about Holmes then me. Go back and look at some of my post from the draft. I gave him a pass on the kids. I gave him a pass on the first arrest (sounded like a lot of people were arrested that weekend) but I'm sorry there is no exuse for domestic violence. I dont care who you are. Something obvioulsy happend for him to be arrested. And him not calling ben back just adds to my beleif that he lacks maturity. By the way Plax 2.0 is my age.
Plus if you read his comments he is in total denial about the situation. He has'nt done a damn thing yet. Ben at least apologized several times to the media and his teamates and his coaches for his trangresions. I havnt seen that from Holmes. He may turn out to be the best wide out we have ever had, and if Im wrong then I will gladly eat crow, but he's not starting off very well in my book.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
LambertLunatic
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2563

Why make an issue out of him not apologizing? Had he apologized, he'd have been conceding that he had something to] apologize for. This wouldn't be a wise thing to do before going to court. I'd assume that his lawyer told him not to make any public apologies.
LambertLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #16
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

hopefully he gets the whole.."TEAM" in his head during preseason.....If not then willie reid will be taking his place
Old 07-29-2006, 11:02 PM   #17
BBC
Team Captain

Member Number: 2109

Quote:
Super Bowl MVP Hines Ward said he worked out with Holmes all week in Pittsburgh before camp and doesn't believe the Steelers drafted a troubled player.

"I don't make much out of it. It doesn't bother me," Ward said of Holmes' two arrests. "He's here now, and we can't worry about what he did, only (about) his growth and maturity once he's around all the veteran guys who know what it takes. He's eager to learn and he's always asking questions."
I'm with Hines on this one...

I really don't see how Santonio is even close to Plaxico. He hasn't demanded to leave Pittsburgh, hasn't called our fans racist, and hasn?t even dropped a pass yet. Let's see what the kid can do before we chastise him.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #18
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertLunatic
Why make an issue out of him not apologizing? Had he apologized, he'd have been conceding that he had something to] apologize for. This wouldn't be a wise thing to do before going to court. I'd assume that his lawyer told him not to make any public apologies.
I would like him to apolgize for the disruption to the team. Like Ben did.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:29 AM   #19
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I have a feeling all the Holmes bashers will think differently of him once he has the ball in the open field.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:47 AM   #20
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

i don't feel he owes the fans an apology no more than ben did. what the man does in his personal life is his own damn business just like us.if you got into trouble ,do you feel a need to go to work and call a meeting to make an apology to your fellow employees or customers? hell no! it ain't nobodys business but your own. now the whole phone call thing is a different matter. holmes is basically calling ben a liar,saying he never called him. why would ben go on record saying he's tried to get in touch with him when he didn't? you and knew about it weeks ago,so why did holmes not?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote