Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Redman returns to practice

Redman: “I feel 10 times better”

Running back Isaac Redman returned to practice on Tuesday, coming back from what tests showed was a hip injury.

“I feel a lot better,” said Redman. “I was getting treatment all last week. I feel 10 times better. It doesn’t hurt me as much, just doing normal things like getting up and getting out of bed. I hope it doesn’t re-aggravate or come back.

“Moving sideways triggered it and it hurt. Right now my movement is feeling good. The trainers did a good job last week getting me ready.”

Redman plans on taking it slow getting back into practice, gradually working his way back with his eye on playing against Denver. But he also knows he still has a lot to prove.

“Around here it’s what have you done for me lately so you don’t want to get too comfortable sitting back not doing anything,” said Redman. “At the same time you don’t want to re-aggravate it and have it linger for the season.

“I want to do as much as I can do without triggering it, without making it worse. Hopefully each day I can keep getting better and better and I accept that.”

Redman hated being a spectator against the Indianapolis Colts, last week, having a hard time just standing on the sidelines.

“It’s the first game I sat out since I have been here,” said Redman. “It’s hard sitting on the sidelines and not being out there helping the team win. This is my big opportunity and something like this happens.

“It doesn’t hurt as bad as if it was Denver on Sunday night. That would be a different story. Hopefully I can get back and get ready for the Denver game.”

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/21/...-times-better/

-------------------------

HEAL!

I say
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: Redman returns to practice

What is the hurry??Take your time, you have nothing to prove!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned

This is my big opportunity and something like this happens.

so now it's Dwyers big opportunity
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,636 Posts

Good news. Redman is a Beast!!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Good news. Redman is a Beast!!

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #6
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

This is great news but what he said concerns me!!! "I hope it doesn’t re-aggravate or come back!"
Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #7
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,571 Times in 5,978 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Steelers Injury News: RB Isaac Redman Will Start Saturday Vs. Bills

by Neal Coolong on Aug 24, 2012

Steelers RB Isaac Redman, who's been hampered by an injured hip, will start Saturday's game against the Bills in Buffalo.

Redman, who mentioned recently the injury won't prevent him from playing but likely will nag him throughout the season, did not play in the Steelers' 26-24 preseason win over Indianapolis Aug. 19. His return is something of a relief for the Steelers, who have had several injuries among running backs this preseason.

Rashard Mendenhall was removed from the PUP list, and has practiced lightly, but it's unlikely he'll play in either of the Steelers' remaining two preseason games. John Clay tore a quadriceps muscle, and was placed on the IR earlier in camp.

The Steelers' starters will play the first half Saturday, and Redman should get the bulk of the carries. RB Jonathan Dwyer is Redman's main back-up and has been impressive through two preseason games. How offensive coordinator Todd Haley rotates the two of them with the starting unit will be something to watch, as well as how each of them is used, both running and receiving.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...jonathan-dwyer
Old 09-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,571 Times in 5,978 Posts
My Mood: Happy

Ed: Redman Says Steelers Have 3 Feature Backs

WEDNESDAY, 05 SEPTEMBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Isaac Redman still isn’t sure who will start at halfback in Denver, but he says his health is pretty good. His hip/groin injury no longer bothers him and his ankle, injured in the third preseason game, is better.

“Right now I’m just trying to get my body right to carry the load if that’s what the coaches need,’’ Redman said before practice today. “I’m pretty close, I’m feeling pretty good and each day I’m getting better.”

Redman believes with everyone healthy, the Steelers have three potential feature backs – him, Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Dwyer.

“With me, Rashard and Dwyer, we have three guys who could be feature running backs. There’s never a problemt with that when you have three guys running the football.”

This will be Redman’s second straight start. He ran for 121 yards on 17 carries in the playoff loss at Denver. The Broncos defense has changed since then under new coordinator Jack DelRio.

“They’re a 4-3 team this year, last year a 3-4. It really doesn’t make a difference, the same guys are out there, a good defense, good linebackers, great rush men.”

Redman said his ankle injury “will probably nag for most of the year, maybe half, but the way I’m feeling right now, I’m getting better and better every day.’’

A few other things:

--- Rookie linebacker Sean Spence was scheduled to have surgery on his injured knee today.

--- The Steelers will have a different special teams captain for every game. They named two permanent captains on Monday, Ben Roethlisberger and Brett Keisel.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...-feature-backs
Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #9
Fire Haley
Banned

I see Dwyer getting the majority of the snaps, no matter what rumor mongering is going on about Mendy returning. Redman is hurt too, don't push it, I'd rather not lose him for an extended period if he isn't ready.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,803 Posts

redman injury report *
suddeness = 87%
glide.............= 89.2%

i think he should sit out till he's at least 95% in both stats...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote