Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #41
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,000 Times in 8,016 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers sign Raiders CB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFor7 View Post
THE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIDAHS!

Hey... a rare find:
a photo of Al Davis where he looks neither senile nor bat-shit crazy.

Oh wait...
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #42
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

Really would love to see this kid catch on, I look at it this way, Ike is considered one of the best "shut down" corners in the game, hopefully with a little mentoring maybe he''ll be able to can catch on. It would be nice to have two burners at corner, I really hope this works, then again Tomlin is a defensive coach and I am sure he knows a good thing when he sees it.
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
isn't sound in zone or underneath man coverage. Can make some plays on the ball but isn't going to rack up the interceptions
Sounds a lot like DBs we have now and in the past.

5 bench presses? Talk about spending zero time in the weight room. I heard he is 178 now. How much speed has he lost due to the extra weight. He was getting beat deep in pre-season
Old 09-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #44
EbonySteel86
Team Captain

Member Number: 20340

I wish they hurry up and update the roster on Madden. He has 98 speed!!!! LOL!
EbonySteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #45
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Q. The team signed cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke on Friday. What can you tell us about him?

A. We were interested in this young man when he came out in the draft in 2011. Obviously, we ended up with Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, but he was within that group and in that range from a grading standpoint. I was at his pro day. He’s got big-time upside, he’s an extremely fast guy. It was an opportunity for us to put a young cornerback in the mix and continue to work with him and develop his skill and see if maybe he can help us at some point.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #46
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,284 Times in 4,396 Posts
My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Q. The team signed cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke on Friday. What can you tell us about him?

A. We were interested in this young man when he came out in the draft in 2011. Obviously, we ended up with Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, but he was within that group and in that range from a grading standpoint. I was at his pro day. He’s got big-time upside, he’s an extremely fast guy. It was an opportunity for us to put a young cornerback in the mix and continue to work with him and develop his skill and see if maybe he can help us at some point.
if you're going to quote something like this you should put a link or reference who said it. I'm assuming it was Mike Tomlin but it sure would be helpful in the future...
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #47
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 10,284 Times in 4,396 Posts
My Mood: Worried

by Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke has only been on the Steelers roster a few weeks, signed after the former third-round pick was released by the Raiders, but has already made an impact on special teams and his potential to help the secondary is also something the team likes.

Hes done a great job, said Tomlin. He downed a punt for us. He was there for that play on that mishandled punt last week. I thought he showed awareness as a punt return guy, pushing a gunner into the end zone who was trying to down a ball. Obviously, hes been an asset to us in that area.

But quite frankly, the things that attracted us to him are the same things that attracted us to him when he came out in the draft. We thought that he was a long, fast kid with man coverage ability. We compared him very favorably to Cortez Allen and really took a similar approach to those guys. Hes in that draft class with Cortez and Curtis Brown and were thankful to have three young corners from a draft class just a couple of years ago in our program that are working to improve on a daily basis.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...2-7350c9c187ef
Old 09-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #48
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,085 Times in 2,605 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornaSteelersfan View Post
The Raiders are not exactly the smartest organization. They basically took this kid with raw talent and threw him to the wolves by not training him enough before putting him on the field. We all know the Steelers way is to train guys. They make them learn for a couple of seasons with some opportunities for real game action on Special Teams. Once they are ready, they are put in the line up. This kid never had a chance to learn and grow. I think it is a great pick up with no real downside.
they wasted a #1 pick on jamarcus russell, traded 2 1st rounders for carson palmer, everything they do is stupid. If i were any team, I'd be trying to get on the horn and make any deals i could with oakland, chances are, you end up on the winning side
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote