Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #11
"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs"
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2681
Default Re: Will the drive still be there??

I agree

THATS RIGHT.......WE RIDE!!!!
"NobodyBelievedInUsButUs" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

How about it's been 26 years since back-to-back SBs.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:44 AM   #13
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Hey, guys. I've found this and thought I should share this. Enjoy it.

============================================

Perverted Steelers Fan Hoping to Win ?One for the Penis?

With Pittsburgh?s 26-year quest to win its fifth Super Bowl ring ? ?one for the thumb? ? completed Sunday night with a victory over the Seahawks, one perverted Steelers fan is hoping next year will finally bring ?one for the penis.?

?We?ve got that one hand completely filled up now, and I see no need to start on another hand right away. Why not go to other parts of the body?? said Jason Murphy, owner of a Pittsburgh tattoo parlor. ?And if I could have my preference, I?d go with a penis ring. They can really enhance the sexual experience.?

Murphy says his love of all things Steelers fuels his desire to have the team turn its attentions to winning a penile ring.

?Like any true Pittsburgher, I love the Steelers more than anything,? he said. ?So if I could make the Steelers part of my lovemaking by wearing a commemorative Super Bowl **** ring, it would be very special to me ? and to my partner, as well, I?m sure.?

Murphy is hopeful the ?One for the Penis? motto will catch on around the city as the Steelers try for a repeat and a record sixth Super Bowl title in 2006. He even plans to pitch it to Steelers officials in hopes of getting team approval and the rights to marketing and selling the slogan on officially licensed team apparel and merchandise.

?I?m hoping the Rooney Family will give me their blessing,? said Murphy. ?I?m thinking of a slogan like: ?One for the Penis: Let?s Get Sexual Heaven in ?07.? But some people have told me I shouldn?t be too hopeful, as the Rooney?s don?t really seem like a ?Win one for the Penis? kind of family. But I?ll guess I?ll soon find out.?

Last edited by SteelersMongol; 07-31-2006 at 01:54 AM.
SteelersMongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:49 AM   #14
Polamalu43
Team Captain

Member Number: 2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBelievedInUsButUs
Before this SuperBowl victory, its been 26 years that the Steeler Nation has waited for One For The Thumb. We finally have it......so my question to you is....what is going to want to make the Steelers win that 6th SuperBowl victory this year. I mean last year, we wanted it for Jerome, for Cowher, for all the years we waited....now what do you think will be their motivation this year?? Will they have that same drive?...let me know what you think...
I think that there main motivation will b to prove all the hatters wrong like the bungals that think that we bought that superbowl..and it would b extra special 2 see cowher go out on top, as this may b the head of the black N gold's last season with us.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack lambert
Polamalu43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The Steelers are not the sports media frontrunners to win the Super Bowl this season and as we all know, they love being the "underdogs". It motivates them even more and makes their play that much more intense. No one but they themselves believed they could make that run and go all the way (even we as fans had our doubts) and they proved everyone wrong. They dared anyone to knock that black and gold chip off of their shoulders and I think that is the way they are going to go into the season - confident, fiercely motivated and intense, the Pittsburgh Steelers way.

Besides - can't mess with destiny. The Steelers win their championships in twos!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #16
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I, for one, am not worried about their drive. Bill Cowher will make sure that the guys put last season behind them and have them focused and hungry going into the regular season. He will not tolerate complacency, that's for sure. They all know that everyone is gunning for them since they are the champs, which should motivate them even more to be at their best each and every week. I'm looking forward to it - should be an exciting season!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:39 PM   #17
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

All the pieces came together perfectly last season. I'm not sure why, but as the season looms closer, I'm missing the Bus more than I thought I would. His presence in the locker room kept guys smiling, lightened-up, as opposed to the intensity always that can be consuming. One thing I really noticed the past couple of years is that Cowher might've learned something from Jerome.... the value of laughter.

I think they'll want to improve on what they did last year, to be honest. Keep everyone healthy & they just might do that.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #18
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I'm not worried about their drive. They will have that drive to repeat.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:58 PM   #19
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Of course the goal is the Super Bowl but the motivation comes one game at a time. If they focus on their 'jobs' which is to prepare each week for each opponent and know their assignments then they shouldn't have the time to look forward. we hope.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:39 PM   #20
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I think the fact that they have tasted what winning a Championship is all about sets the tone and creates the drive for winning another one.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote