Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #11
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,517 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Bill Simmons picking us to finish 6-10; talking heads doubting AGAIN

I guess everyone has an opinion but this guy is a total jackass. After the season we had last year why would we fall to 6-10. I would like to know who he has us loosing the 10 games to.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Bill Simmons picking us to finish 6-10; talking heads doubting AGAIN

a win in Denver will shut a LOT of people up

apparently whoever we play has
-more motivation to play well
-the ability to overcome any injury
-the players to expose our "weaknesses"

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I guess everyone has an opinion but this guy is a total jackass. After the season we had last year why would we fall to 6-10. I would like to know who he has us loosing the 10 games to.
Simmons is a huge fan of the Boston teams and may be doing this to jab Steelers fans
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #14
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I knew who he was, my comment was more satirical. Lot's of so called experts are picking against us and stroking Peytons C*&k, The way people are taling why bother showing up, LOL.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,332 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Usually ranked as the most widely read sports columnist in in America who has been with ESPN.com for around 10 years - probably the first major sports columnist to break out on the Internet rather than through print - also wrote #1 NYT bestseller The Book of Basketball - he is a writer and does PTI TV talking head type stuff given his popularity/clout at ESPN

He was a big factor in pushing ESPN to get into more sports documentaries by pushing the 30 for 30 series, and is successful enough that ESPN.com opened up Grantland on ESPN.com to encourage him to sign a new contract (the articles on the site often are very good) http://www.grantland.com/

Money is not the sole measure of success but apparently paid around $3 million per - this is not Pete Prisco or some guy blogging in his basement

More on him here

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/05/ma...pagewanted=all

Links to Simmons site on ESPN here

http://www.grantland.com/contributor...e/bill-simmons
Good synopsis. I like Simmons and follow him on Twitter and read his blog. Keep in mind he is a Boston guy and it doesnt suprise me that he is taking a flyer with a pick like this.

Steeler fans need to learn to not be so sensitive. For a fan base that professes to love tough hard-nosed football.......there are a lot of thin skinned fans that overreact to a column.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:20 AM   #16
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

It's the same old crap as every year. The Ravens will win the division and probably make it to the Super Bowl despite a shaky Oline, loss of Suggs, and geriatrics Lewis and Reed. Brady and Hoody will go undefeated. Peyton Manning will be his old self right off the bat despite the fact he hasn't played for over a year. Green Bay will sail through the season unscathed. The 5 teams with the rookie QBs will all be better than the Steelers. Sanchez and Tebow will magically get better once the season starts and kick everyone's butts.

The Steelers are old and slow and have no Oline. Despite the fact it has been that way for years and we have made it to the Super Bowl in two of those years and have been .500 and above in every season, they still get no respect. I love it. Especially when they shove it back down their throats. The Steelers are most dangerous when they get no respect. It seems every time the "EXPERTS" pick the Steelers to win, they flounder.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:28 AM   #17
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
It's the same old crap as every year. The Ravens will win the division and probably make it to the Super Bowl despite a shaky Oline, loss of Suggs, and geriatrics Lewis and Reed. Brady and Hoody will go undefeated. Peyton Manning will be his old self right off the bat despite the fact he hasn't played for over a year. Green Bay will sail through the season unscathed. The 5 teams with the rookie QBs will all be better than the Steelers. Sanchez and Tebow will magically get better once the season starts and kick everyone's butts.

The Steelers are old and slow and have no Oline. Despite the fact it has been that way for years and we have made it to the Super Bowl in two of those years and have been .500 and above in every season, they still get no respect. I love it. Especially when they shove it back down their throats. The Steelers are most dangerous when they get no respect. It seems every time the "EXPERTS" pick the Steelers to win, they flounder.
Funny thing about this season though is this, IMO, our O Line is better. We have upgrades at LT and LG, Pouncey is the best center in the NFL, and Gilbert will be better at RT. We are younger and faster in the offensive skill positions and because of injury swe are younger at OLB and our CB's are relatively young, and have speed.
I for one am looking forward to the season and expect our offense to jell mid season and we will be a force come playoff time. Stairway to 7 begins in Denver!!!

Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #18
steelfan23

Member Number:

I can see 6-10. We got nothing from the draft this year. The o line therefore is not improved. We have the same QB who forces balls into coverage, holds onto the ball too long, and makes boneheaded mistakes. The rest of the league has seen over and over teams going into no huddle and exposing our corners and scheme. You can't win every year anyway. Hopefully, these two young linemen can get healthy and better and with high picks in next year's draft we can reload. Troy, Timmons, Woodley, Hampton all look like they have gained a few pounds and lost their quickness. Harrison is getting up there with age and getting injured. Not a single defensive back is any good and only Ike could be a #2 for pretty much any other team. Let's face reality, this isn't getting any better. Tell me how things are looking up and maybe I could be convinced but our window has closed. We did well in that window and that's great. It's time to hopefully reload for the next ten years. We aren't going to win more than we lose this year. I am sure I am just a 'fair weather fan" though. Despite watching them every week, rooting them on, if I don't agree with fanboys that everything is great I am less than a fan. So sad these boards are full of you sheeple.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #19
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,474 Times in 2,125 Posts
My Mood: Fine

ok then, name the next 9 games we'll lose, and then you can tell me I told you so

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #20
steelfan23

Member Number:

Jets
Eagles
Bengals
Redskins
Giants
Ravens twice
Cowboys
Tennessee

You may be able to argue Tennessee or Bengals but I don't see us beating anyone in the NFC East. Suppose I am wrong on a couple of these and we are still .500.