Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #31
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796
Default Re: Bill Simmons picking us to finish 6-10; talking heads doubting AGAIN

Well stated.

I am as diehard as anyone. This year has me worried. When is the last time the Steelers truly went out and took care of business? Close games with the Browns and Bengals seem to be the norm when by all accounts we should be riding over them like speed bumps on the way to the playoffs. I this year could be the year we scrape out bottoms going over those speed bumps.

I say that with no thought as to what the talking heads say. That is simply based on my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherinko View Post
Perhaps a Steelers fan that doesn't let his team loyalty get in the way of rational thought. I'd rather see critical posts than bunch of hoopla about how the Steelers are the best team in the league. There's nothing wrong with an expert predicting the Steelers go 6-10. There are a lot of experts with a lot of opinions. Some of you act like he disrespected your mother or something or has something personal against the Steelers.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #32
steelfan23

Member Number:
Default Re: Bill Simmons picking us to finish 6-10; talking heads doubting AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayingTheWoodley56 View Post
Jesus, what an unbelievably negative and depressing fan you are. Do us all a favor and don't post here anymore, we don't need this shit. What Steeler fan predicts that we're going to lose to the Ravens twice and sounds happy and smug about it.
okay, because you said so...sorry I don't get super excited when we are an average team at best. Sure, we beat a Revis less Jets team with I would say the worst offense in the league. I wasn't impressed. We aren't a super bowl contender. Unless we are, I don't get excited, unless we are really bad and can look forward to high draft picks. Nothing has changed for me after this game. We can barely run the ball, against any decent QB our D is suspect and our line is still a sieve. Do you truly believe we have the talent to win a SB this year? Last time I felt that way was going against Arizona is the SB and even then I had my doubts. We lucked out in that game against easily top 5 worst SB teams ever we needed a miracle at the end to win. So I repeat, I don't think we are very good. I don't see us making the playoffs. I still watch the games and hope I am wrong but seasons without a SB chance are meaningless. I treat seasons like this as a way to judge the talent on the team and see where we need to make improvements in the draft with our high pick. If we sneak into the playoffs, and I don't see it, then obviously anything can happen and I will stand corrected and we can revisit these posts and I will happily stop posting here. If we don't will you stop posting here?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #33
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Fine

did you notice the 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter, capped off by a TD? You have to feel at least a LITTLE bit better. The Patriots and Ravens both showed they are beatable today - as frustrating as last week was, I thought they took a small step in the right direction today, on both sides of the ball . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #34
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,245 Times in 3,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
It bears repeating: Who is Bill Simmons, and why do we care?
To supplement my earlier post on Simmons, he has some good NFL insights and admits that betting adds to how you can analyze the game - Simmons (who used to be a writer for Jimmy Kimmel) and Kimmel's "Cousin Sal" have a weekly podcast where they predict the lines for the coming week.

Some interesting points in the link to this week's podcast

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8391721
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
Twentyvalve
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18796

Well, I am quoting myself. I was wrong this time! They took care of business and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twentyvalve View Post
Well stated.

I am as diehard as anyone. This year has me worried. When is the last time the Steelers truly went out and took care of business? Close games with the Browns and Bengals seem to be the norm when by all accounts we should be riding over them like speed bumps on the way to the playoffs. I this year could be the year we scrape out bottoms going over those speed bumps.

I say that with no thought as to what the talking heads say. That is simply based on my observations.
Twentyvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #36
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

1/7 of the way to proving him wrong
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #37
infoleather
Water Boy

Member Number: 24369

Green Bay sailed through the season unscathed. Five of the team's rookie QBS will be better than the Steelers.
Inside the classic Brown Leather Messenger Bags For Men, there are several smaller pockets for keys, credit cards, pens, calculators and money. Some classic cwmalls.com Mens Black leather satchel handbags can be custom-made with your initials.
infoleather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:08 PM   #38
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,564 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoleather View Post
Green Bay sailed through the season unscathed. Five of the team's rookie QBS will be better than the Steelers.
#epic1stpostfail